Mark To Market Virtually

torah man

FINALLY FOUND THE BOARD

I confess that i look at the street .con occa sin anally.

It has morphed from outrageous bull to outraged bear to new bull to all bull.

It swings with the market sentiment like a bedraggled drugged out junkie whether cock.

The constant desire to be right all the time by immediately forgeting the past.

Latest Quote from street story: Spitzer Mulls How to Spend a Billion Dollars

By Matthew Goldstein

"Those fines are on top of the estimated $1 billion Wall Street firms will shell out the next five years to provide their customers with stock reports produced by independent research firms. (TheStreet.com Inc., which publishes this Web site, recently disclosed plans to establish a separate business unit to provide independent research.)".

YEP they are jumping on the independent research bandwagon.

Dear god of satire you have met your match.

The dumb investor class dont want independent research - they want the herion hit of the qick fix, the thrill of the high and the depair of the low.

They want research from guys who can make stocks move - quickly - from the good old tainted sell side set.

Independent research will be used as doorstops, fire lighters, and insulation for peep show holes.

God put wall street on earth to part idiots from their money.

If PT Barnum were alove today he would be an anal cyst.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two of our stalwarts are missing in action-Merciless where are you? Fokker-where are you? are you out of rehab Yet??? Trade Safe! p.s. Torah man-are you glad you are short!

i'm glad i am short for sure.

did you see the nasdaq futures crash at 3am and then get pushed right back up.

magic hand in action today.

ride it through, we have turned.

Guest Imagine

#Torah-I was replying to Imagine who posted on the old thread-that the rally would #continue-bless his heart-right church-wrong pew. Asia is getting their ASS kicked-#when you've been at this as long as I have-you KNOW when it's OVER-MERCY do #you COPY?? "You gotta know when to hold em-know when to fold em" I just raised ! #Tradee safe!

Brian,

I still stand by my progostication, "No large, consecutive, down days/weeks, until early Jan, or Feb-03".

Time will tell........

Cheers.

Guest scottcardiff

Well, we are getting closer to my target of 1520 area for shorting. Hope everyone is being patient. If the past 2 days action didn't frighten some bears, nothing will.

At the 1520 area I'll be focusing on four types of charts for shorting.

1. Stocks making lower highs or showing oscillator divergence.

2. Stocks at fibonacci extension targets. For example, I have fibo targets of QLGC 48; MXIM 47; CYMI 41; KLAC 48

3. Stocks breaking below uptrend lines (see IDTI today).

4. Uptrending stocks that gap down.

I currently expect this top to happen next Tuesday or Wednesday, but I will be shorting stocks in categories 1, 3 and 4 before 1520 area IF opportunities exist.

If 1520 area doesn't hold, I'll probably wait for 1700 area.

Good luck stoolies!!!

I'm being patient too Scott. Salivating. Saw this little pop today coming from a mile away! Vector Vest to the rescue once again.

I'm eating roast turkey tomorrow, roast pig next month. :lol:

Like your strategies. Mine are similar, just a hunter in a duck blind, loading his gun, patiently biding time, then...

BLAM!

Just have to give it a blast on friday to do 8 glorious weeks of the new bull market... Beware the milkman...

Reminds me.....a husband left for work early in the morning but having forgot something he had to turn around and go back home. Entering his house he saw his wife. She had her back to him and was bending over..He placed his hand on her fanny....She said: "Two quarts..."

Pile: you were right - patience warranted

Brian4: 15 minutes before the close I opened a short on KLAC - up 82% in the space of 7 weeks, pretty much at the 200 day MA, revenue and income in free fall - slowly raising my Nasdaq exposure - had to close something so closed DOW - which will probably be a mistake - as this is a piece of crapola

SG covered today, and went long a few small caps in Energy alternatives sector, and Healthcare-biotech sector.

That said, the Utilities are also confirming the uptrend recently....

Im standing aside until sometime next week, probably tue or wed...

post-2-1038442318_thumb.gif

Final note

Wilshire 5000 closed at 8872, 200 da ma is 9289. Charts show 9075 is good shot at double kiss top of Aug 22 high... with possible upshot to 9250 ish....

NDZ closed just over its 200 day MA tonight...

SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO JUMP IN TOO FAST!!

A quick post cos I've gotta go out..

Phew that was some pop you guys had last night. Index up 1% here but travelling sideways now. Don't see too much upside for rest of day but the latter is young so anything could happen. Seems mostly a move up to next resistance on individual stocks..not too much damage on my shorts..

Guys and Gals-forget today and Friday-they are throwaway days-low volume and the big boys gone-DA BOYZ run and gun but whatever they tack on comes off Monday! They were obviously terrified at the drop yesterday and backed up the truck today but like the commercial says "lets put some Lipstick on this Pig" it died yesterday-Have a great Turkey Day-STAY SHORT! Trade safe!

Archived