B4 The Bell Thursday October 7

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see some are saying that OIL might settle back towards $40.

As if there is some comfort in OIL at $40.

OIL at $40 is really,really expensive by standards.

High enough to ensure a decent recession at least.

One wacker on Crapvision said that rising Oil prices is like a pseudo interest rate rise...it isnt you fornicate knuckle,everyone uses OIL,no avoiding it,unless you use peddle power.. :grin:

Everyone is asleep :lol:

This little chart still on the buy side.

So why did I go short yesterday! I must be nuts!

Butt today was sweet.

Thanks for posting this every night. ;)

I am just going to wait for your chart and Doc's reports to turn a little more negative before jumping back on the short side. However I don't think I will have to wait very long.

Bernanke signals a slower speed for interest rate hikes:

10/7/04 Dow Jones Cap. Mkt. Rep. 21:06:00

Dow Jones Capital Markets Report

? 2004 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Thursday, October 7, 2004

FED WATCH: Door Open To A Pause In Rate Hikes, If Needed

By Michael S. Derby A DOW JONES NEWSWIRES COLUMN NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Just ahead of an employment report that's even more important than usual, Federal Reserve officials have spent the bulk of the week talking up the economy's prospects, as some appeared to give themselves an exit strategy if things don't work out as planned.

On Friday, the government will release its September non-farm payrolls report. While it's the rare economist who believes the report can sway what the Federal Open Market Committee will do when it meets just after the presidential election, the strength or weakness of that statistic will nonetheless have an outsized influence on what happens with interest rates after the Nov 10 meeting.

For most, the Fed commentary this week - delivered in what may be a record number of speaking engagements - has deviated little from the guardedly upbeat view pushed in the policy statement accompanying the interest rate hike on Sept. 21. Fed officials largely agreed then that growth has improved from the slowdown of the spring and summer months, and inflation is not currently a problem. And based on what was said this week, that's still what the central bankers believe.

"I think we are back on track out of the soft patch" in growth that hit the economy earlier in the year, even as recent data remain mixed, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President Robert McTeer told an audience in Austin, Texas, on Tuesday. Other Fed officials, including Fed Governor Susan Bies, offered similar sentiments.

For Kathleen Bostjancic, senior economist at Merrill Lynch, it was Bernanke's views that stood out. The governor "may be the first Fed official who came out and so clearly stated" that the Fed may pause on rates.

Looks like they dropped the 'traction' story and went back to the 'soft patch' one. Upcoming soon, the Fed will describe the next level down as the 'soft landing', to be followed soon after as the economy sinks lower as the 'falling to the gates of h*ll' level. :lol:

Sorry no link.

One wacker on Crapvision said that rising Oil prices is like a pseudo interest rate rise...it isnt you fornicate knuckle,everyone uses OIL,no avoiding it,unless you use peddle power.. :grin:

Not quite like. When interest rate rises, creditors benefit while debtors suffer. When crude oil price rises, even bikers suffers (assuming he lives in an oil import country).

Unless the Employment report is bonkers, or "Debate", blows up

i think an attempt will be made to breach 1145.

If that plays out........and fails, then a descent correction may set in.

Of course it may go to Hell in a hand basket, forewith.......or break

through the 1145 area

If "the trend is your friend",,,,,,,,this market does'nt make friends.

Have to disagree Hi-hatty- I think at best for the Bulls today was the start of probably a week long correction and then maybe 1145 or today could have been it for the entire Bear Market bounce. TE posted his numbers earlier and I pretty much agree with them. On a break of 1115 I will double up and break 1101 I am a slobbering balls to the wall Bear! ;)

A word about OIL every shill says oil will decline in price. Big Oil has huge outstanding short positions cuz the wise guys don't believe what is happening. That means we go higher- when it does correct is when shill street chant $80.- a barrel or higher, higher not till then!

Bush, Cheney Concede Saddam Had No WMDs

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041007/D85ISTE80.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush and his vice president conceded Thursday in the clearest terms yet that Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction, even as they tried to shift the Iraq war debate to a new issue - whether the invasion was justified because Saddam was abusing a U.N. oil-for-food program.

eviltongue.gif

motz.gif

marchmellow.gif

LINKO.K.- I demand to know who gave Doc the idea for this site, I see some of you in the previously :blink: wed gallery...say isn't that Fokker with the cat!

I'm so glad they threw out that law which said the marriage is only between a man and a women. It will now come down to State's rights.

Me and Flossy are thinking of moving to BAAAssatuchetes.

post-20-1097200074_thumb.jpg

Fascism alert:

The House is just starting to consider H.R. 10, the so-called "9/11 Recommendations Implementation Act." (I mean now, at 10:00 p.m.)

It is full of new Patriot Act style crackdowns on both citizens and aliens that were not recommended by the commission, including a "life travel history" of U.S. citizens.

These "dirty work" bills are typically amended and passed in the wee hours of morning when legislative rules can be circumvented, and few people are around. When dawn breaks, no one knows how all the bad stuff got in there.

http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

This obnoxious piece of Nazi-style legislation (which Rep. Ron Paul accurately warned us about two months ago) is intended to be reconciled in conference with the Senate version (also to be voted on this week) and signed by Bush before the election.

The constitution is already dead, but with this bill they will defecate on the lifeless document.

Archived