B4 The Bell Thursday October 7

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Digital Examination (7/31/01) by Dr. Stepan N. Stool, Chief of Stock Proctology

One crowd favorite is, of course, the Finger Formation, as in "Yo, d'you just gimme da finger?" The market did not quite form one of those Tuesday. But it did form a closely related pattern, the Knuckle. The Knuckle is a pattern which forms when the market closes before the Finger Formation is completed. Many people think that this means that you have to wait until tomorrow to find out if the market is going to give you the Finger or not.

But, ladies, gentlemen, and stool seekers everywhere, thanks to round the clock trading, that is no longer necessary. Now, by virtue of the powers vested in me, as Chief of Stock Proctology, Dr. Stool hereby pronounces that, yes, indeed the Nasdaq 100 Futures have given us the Finger, as of 6:30 PM ET US. So we do have a Nasty Finger in place on the hourly intraday charts including pre and after market trading. As you can clearly see, not only is the Finger in place, but the knuckles of the pinkie and fourth finger are also clearly visible, in this classic and well formed pattern.

http://www.capitalstool.com/archive-lead-column7-01.htm

A Digital Examination (7/31/01) by Dr. Stepan N. Stool, Chief of Stock Proctology

One crowd favorite is, of course, the Finger Formation, as in "Yo, d'you just gimme da finger?" The market did not quite form one of those Tuesday. But it did form a closely related pattern, the Knuckle. The Knuckle is a pattern which forms when the market closes before the Finger Formation is completed. Many people think that this means that you have to wait until tomorrow to find out if the market is going to give you the Finger or not.

But, ladies, gentlemen, and stool seekers everywhere, thanks to round the clock trading, that is no longer necessary. Now, by virtue of the powers vested in me, as Chief of Stock Proctology, Dr. Stool hereby pronounces that, yes, indeed the Nasdaq 100 Futures have given us the Finger, as of 6:30 PM ET US. So we do have a Nasty Finger in place on the hourly intraday charts including pre and after market trading. As you can clearly see, not only is the Finger in place, but the knuckles of the pinkie and fourth finger are also clearly visible, in this classic and well formed pattern.

The big finger actually came two days later. :blink: :lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Blast in Egypt-Israel Border Hotel, Bomb Suspected

22 minutes ago  World - Reuters

By Megan Goldin

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A huge blast tore through an Egyptian hotel used by vacationing Israelis at the border resort of Taba on Thursday, scattering dozens of bodies in what Israeli security sources said was a suspected bomb attack.

At least 23 people were killed in the attack on the Hilton hotel, just meters from the border crossing, said Arab television, quoting Egyptian sources.

The blast was followed shortly by explosions at two other resort towns in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula popular with Israelis.

Israeli media said the Hilton hotel was ablaze and 10 floors of it had collapsed. Israeli rescue teams rushed to the scene.

"I heard a huge explosion. The wall near me collapsed and people began to run. There were many casualties," one Israeli witness called Yigal told Israel's Army Radio.

"The explosion was outside. When we went out we saw the shops and the internal wall of the hotel had collapsed...

"Some people said it was a gas canister explosion and others said it was a terrorist attack. There are a lot of people (lying on the ground). There is a lot of blood, a lot of screaming."

Israeli security forces had warned Israeli travelers against visiting Egyptian resorts on the Red Sea, saying they might be targeted by Palestinian militants waging a 4-year-old uprising or by Islamic groups.

Senior Israeli security sources said they suspected the explosion "was a terrorist attack."

"We are not absolutely sure, but this is what it looks like," said one senior source.

The radio stations reported explosions in the Egyptian resorts of Nueiba and Ras al-Sultan dozens of kilometers (miles) to the southwest of Taba where the first explosion occurred. Thousands of Israelis have traveled to Egypt's Sinai peninsula, a popular holiday destination, during the Sukkot holiday. Witnesses said there were also many Russians at the hotel.

Sinai was captured by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war but returned to Egypt after a 1979 peace deal, one of the few that Israel has with Arab countries.

Israeli firefighters and ambulances rushed to Taba after an initial delay. Officials in Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites)'s office said he had contacted Egyptian officials to ensure they could cross.

Hundreds of Israelis have been killed in suicide bombings during four years of conflict with the Palestinians. Egyptian resorts had remained popular with Israelis despite popular animosity in Egypt to the Jewish state.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...st_explosion_dc

is waking up to 100 point day downs fun or what...

3martinis,

love this signature of yours..

My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement. " - Joe Versus the Volcano

No wonder we feel like screaming at times. :grin: :grin:

One down day doesnt mean much,but I tell you what, the onus is right on the bulls going forward,they have painted a future so bright ,anything less than perfection wont cut it my bovine friends ;)

Dr. Stool Finger formation on Exhibition:

av-1772.gif

wchurchill.jpg

CookMon.gif

much easier to master than Diametric Formation

Don't you wish you could get a deal like this?

BearingPoint is listed stock BE - not recommending short or dong.

A few weeks ago I was ranting about how BearingPoint, a

software co, had written a lousy program for the VA hospital

at Bay Pines for $ 400 million plus dollars. What a rip! The

programs didn't work. Congrassman Billabigbus must be in on this.

Congress alloted $472-million for CoreFLS and so far the VA

wasted $278-million.

Also in FL this - $126-million to BearingPoint for maintaining and overhauling the state's computer hardware

NOW, Homeland inSecurity has chosen BearingPoint to do

their software for $ 229 million. Read it here if you care to.

BearingPoint Inc. of McLean won a $12 million contract from the Transportation Security Administration to begin the third phase in the agency's program to create a standard identification card for U.S. transportation employees.

A stinking ID card - !

BearingPoint is Based in McLean, Virginia. That figures.

What a steal. Only in America! Is govt so dumb they pay these prices

for software? I don't think so. Something stinks.

Well howdy hi boys and girls...it's yer ol' pal Plunger checking in from Stockholm.  And now I shall proceed with my tour of Sweden in search of that ellusive blue eyed blonde beauty.  Sure is difficult to meet one here in Stockholm.

Not!

dude,

how is the scenary?

For anyone contemplating the grand relocation...you could do a lot worse than this!

Archived