Bear Zone Lee AM

Blackbelt: ?If you are out there, please tell us if we are at a key Fiber Nacho price area or time interval to be able to safely put on shorts here.

Mark,

The time for a top was right on the money yesterday. The maximum allowed variance is today. Any high beyond today, above yesterday's high, allow for higher prices towards 7/15 or 7/22. If the high from yesterday holds, the next turn is second week of August and that will be a low

spx_d_tm.gif

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S Korea "unexpectedly" cut rates, declares recession.

BOE "surprise" rate cut.

US unemployment "unexpectedly" weak - some of the first data from the 2nd half, which we all know is when the recovery starts.

Taking the next couple of days off, hope da bears have some red to look at while I'm gone.

Jobless Claims Up Unexpectedly Last Week

Thu July 10, 2003 08:32 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of U.S. unemployed workers receiving benefits hit its highest point in over 20 years last month, and new claims for jobless aid unexpectedly rose again last week, the government said on Thursday.

Initial claims for unemployment insurance rose by 5,000 to a seasonally adjusted 439,000 last week from a revised 434,000 the prior week, the Labor Department said. Economists polled by Reuters had expected initial claims to edge down slightly to 425,000 from the 430,000 originally reported for the week ending June 28.

The department also said the number of unemployed workers who remained on the benefit rolls after filing an initial claim jumped by 87,000 to 3.82 million in the June 28 week, the highest level since February 1983.

A Labor Department aide cautioned against relying too heavily on the latest initial claims figure in gauging the jobs market, noting that auto plant shutdowns for annual retooling could be affecting the figures.

"I really think we're in a period now when any one week should be interpreted cautiously," he said, adding the four-week moving average of claims would provide a better labor-market barometer. Still, he noted the department's seasonal adjustment process had anticipated the plant shutdowns.

It's always "unexpected".

Injured Grizzly,

I've reached exactly the opposite conclusion for the same reason. Haven't got time to read everything. So this is a filter for only bearish ideas as I'm not interested in the bullish ones.

I can understand that thinking but its easier for me to scroll past things I don't want to read than to switch pages. Beside that it seriously pissing off some good members. I hate to see anyone leave for that reason.

That being said what does anyone think of YHOO here. Gap down breakaway?

Top?

REUTERS RESEARCH ALERT-JP Morgan ups Brooks Automation to "neutral" [CWSVFWY]

NEW YORK, July 10 (Reuters) - JP Morgan said on Thursday it

raised its rating on Brooks Automation , a provider of

products used in making semiconductors, to "neutral" from

"underweight".

No other details were immediately available.

The stock closed at $15.49 on the Nasdaq on Wednesday.

... I can understand that thinking but its easier for me to scroll past things I don't want to read than to switch pages. Beside that it seriously pissing off some good members. I hate to see anyone leave for that reason...

I think it's been made clear that the problem is presentation. I think most are willing to read reasoned arguments for the bull case, but I have no interest in Yahoo-like mindless bull talk. I can't understand why people can't refrain from that, is it so hard?

Maria B is soooo full of shit. It's this kind of denial that is setting up the sheeple for a painful lesson (again).

This am - "Fractional losses, nothing to write home about" ... Nasdaq -17, Dow -61

Yesterdays close - "Nasdaq is the winner" ... Nasdaq +1, Dow -67

Want some whine to go with your cheese, Jeez. I didn't realize it is so hard for some to make a few mouse clicks or open a second window. Doc, I like both and read both, It's a nice way to sort sentiments.

Archived