World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Obsessive opacity

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD&lang=en-AU&region=AU

All Ords trundled along sideways for the rest of the day, finishing -0.6%.  Healthcare +0.5% and IT +0.2% were the only up sectors with Gold -5% down the most.

Over in Asia, China +0.3%, Hong Kong +0.1%, India flat and Japan -0.7%.

On to UK/Europe:

t?s=%5EFTSE&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

t?s=%5EGDAXI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=

t?s=%5EFCHI&lang=en-AU&region=AU&width=3

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/

LATEST PRO TRADER REPORTS LIQUIDITY TRADER PRO COMPLETE,TREASURY SUPPLY AND DEMAND INVESTOR MONTHLY REPORT,TREASURY SUPPLY AND DEMAND PRO TRADER WEEKLY Setup For A Hangover- Treasuries and/or Stocks by Lee Adler •  November 30, 2015

The Treasury settles $36 billion in new note supply on Monday, wrapping up 2 days where it settled a total of $100 billion in net new paper. That was the climax to a month where it raised and settled $310 billion in new supply. And yet, the markets did not crack. So what should we…

PRECIOUS METALS PRO Gold Tests Final Channel Line by Lee Adler •  November 30, 2015

Gold is hovering around the last line of defense on the weekly chart this morning. This report shows the level to watch and the likely short and long term targets if it breaks.

LATEST NEWS AND OPINION ANTHONY SANDERS Declining Oil Prices And Withering Fed Stimulus Slowing US Pending Home Sales by Anthony B. Sanders •  November 30, 2015

homesalespendingoil-480x341.png

Pending US home sales rose slower than expected in October, up 0.2% MoM. They also increased by 2.1% YoY, also less than expected.

The culprits? Falling oil prices and withering monetary stimulus from The Federal Reserve.

Boomtown to gloomtown for hou…

CHARLES HUGH SMITH 2015: The Last Christmas in America by Charles Hugh Smith •  November 30, 2015
GDP-wages8-15a-480x386.png

The game of enabling more debt by lowering interest rates and loosening lending standards is coming to an end. If we define Christmas as consumer spending going up while earnings are going down, 2015 will be the last Christmas in America for …

JAMES HOWARD KUNSTLER The Story Line Dissolves – James Howard Kunstler by James Howard Kunstler •  November 30, 2015

Sometimes societies just go crazy. Japan, 1931, Germany, 1933. China, 1966. Spain 1483, France, 1793, Russia, 1917, Cambodia, 1975, Iran, 1979, Rwanda, 1994, Congo, 1996, to name some. By “crazy” I mean a time when anything goes, especially mass killing. …

ANTHONY SANDERS Chinese Pull Back From U.S. Property Investments (Big Trouble In Little China [California])? by Anthony B. Sanders •  November 30, 2015
Untitled-480x465.png

The Wall Street Journal recently reported that Chinese investors are starting to pull back from U.S. property investments.

MUST READ Why I’m Closing My Bank Accounts While I Still Can – Shah Gilani by Shah Gilani •  November 30, 2015

Not long ago I walked into a local branch of my bank – the 13th largest bank in the U.S. based on consolidated banking assets, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation’s (FDIC) second-quarter 2105 data.

SOBER LOOK A contrarian perspective on the short euro trade by Sober Look •  November 29, 2015
EUR-480x266.png

As the euro continues to drift lower, it has become the accepted wisdom that we are headed for parity with the dollar.

ANTHONY SANDERS US Low Velocity Recovery: Black Friday sales fall 10% from last year by Anthony B. Sanders •  November 29, 2015
m1mm2v110115-480x341.png

Yes, the USA is in a low velocity “recovery” despite the massive Federal Reserve monetary stimulus.

CONSTANTIN GURDGIEV More Tiers, Lower Risks, But Higher Costs: FSB Latest Solutions to Systemic Crises by Constantin Gurdgiev •  November 27, 2015

The Financial Stability Board (a mega quango set up under the G20 cover to make policy recommendations aimed at assuring that Too-Big-To-Fail banks are brought under some international oversight) has recently issued its position on the bank capital shortfalls under the assessment of their balance sheets designed to ‘prevent taxpayers bailouts of lenders’.

Archived