Overflowing Liquidity

Buddha's a gifted writer and he's entitled to his opinion, but he's missing good, solid TA when he dismisses all of it out of hand.

Ewave structure, by itself, without any other form of analysis, suggests 940 S&P. Today's surprising upmove might be the beginning of that.

Also, VIX dipped below 6-month support levels briefly today -- indicating that those levels are about to be seriously breached. That is to say, more "complacency" is on the way, that is to say, higher prices.

Let's look at the TA first before we start knocking it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NVLS all over the place in AH.

Was in the green, now down by half a buck. Must have been a bad conference call.

IBM halt lifted, shares are trading down, but not by much.

NVLS, 2nd hand info, but says Jun Q bookings down significantly in last 2 weeks! Hmmm. lower margins, .05 EPS vs est of .09 for Q2 also.

Why would a company release the "good" news about beating, let the stock trade, then lower the boom on the call?

Anyone who hasn't figured a close above the 200 day MA is underestimating the BOYZ again. There is no way that they could resist in this low volume environment to push over that moving line in the sand..... Everytime we get these rallies there has to be some underlying lie to be perpetuated to bring in the sheeple to unload inventories to. War rally........ economic improvement....... and the 200 day MA to suck in the last of the TA types...... whatever it takes.....

I'm still looking for the name of a book that talks about 401K, mutual funds and other retirement plans showing the SM as the greatest Ponzi scheme ever invented..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Someone mentioned said book about 2 weeks ago, though for the life of me I can't find it now....

Thanks again.

and thanks for Mark's very wise assessment of this so-called market.... especially his unpopular and also very correct short call on PMS in Feb

I think Al Green, the Feds and the CEOs have a deal...

"it's OK to lie about your numbers...we're not going to send you to jail...we need you to lie about your numbers or we're all wingohockingmoyamensinged!"

Plunger

FNM +2.48

JPM +.95

ABK + 1.57

MBI + 1.52

That's the credit bubble portfolio and all is well, sort of. All below their January highs and in an area of resistance. Anyway they lead today and that suggests to me the 'health' of the uptrend is pretty good. Trouble in Credit Bubble land will have to come from events I think. Not necessarily an event external to the markets but something 'news' related will have to make these things buckle. They have too many friends in high places.

Maybe Rog or someone can say if the HI deal, which was coincident and probably causal of the Dec. bottom, was ever completed. That deal was intimately entwined with this whole stinking mess and I'd love to know how it is going.

Archived