• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MOUSEY, Good to see you back and I hope doing much better. :D

Thanks Dusty. Good to be back. Was daytrading from my hospital bed via telebroker FLEX and XLNX last week. Banked some profit. Not a lot. Most importantly for me right now, I didn't lose any. I've been short XLNX since last Turdsday. Was going to close out today for the EOM/EOQ paint job but, it seemed the rally failed in the last half hour so I held my position and I assume after a morning drop I will cover tomorrow before lunch. I'm making money but, I swear, beyond following the Anals, Stooltrading and yuse guys, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just rolling with the punches right now and somehow making change at it. I'm at home convelescing so I can take things on a day to day basis. I'm not 200% invested at any point right now as I could be on the wrong end of a position during a sigma event like being short and waking up to find they have killed Saddam or being long when somehow the Republican guards knock off a score or two of U.S. Soldiers. Who knows?

Otherwise, this is Seventies 'hate market' action. Lower those sideburns.

Mr. TwoScrewsLoose

How bout settling FUR low brow, instead? LOLOL

Did u wear PLATFORM SHOES to that NYC shindig, perchance, Mr TwoScrews?

No?

well, bellbottoms, then?

welcome back Mousey. Couldn't post on IDS today but, I am glad to see you up and about. :)

TE

Tanks TE. Tanks for all the calls. It was great talking with you and getting caught up on what the markets, the board and TC&N were thinking. I really appreciated it Bro!

Thursday, March 27, 2003

3,000 SARS HERE?

'Unprecedented' emergency as T.O. officials fear mass exposure

By ROB GRANATSTEIN AND GEORGE CHRISTOPOULOS, TORONTO SUN

Top officials in Toronto's medical staff believe up to 3,000 people may have been exposed -- directly or indirectly -- to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, according to Toronto Sun sources.

"It's out of control," the source said.

An "unprecedented" quarantine of thousands of Torontonians has been ordered to stop the deadly spread of SARS, which has also been declared a provincial emergency.

story

Unfortunately, when the world markets bottom for decades and Hypertiger is elected Supreme Ruler of The Universe, the markets will be like this everyday.

When the depression is here, and we're wearing rags and eating dirt, Hypertiger will be publishing diatribes to warn us of the days soon to come when the rags and dirt will be gone. Complete with 4- color graphs.

Mousey welcome back! I agree with my 2 amigo's END and Driver-either flat or down some more- (Driver if you have stops on both legs -you must be walking funny!) We live in interesting times the Airline industry continues to implode AMR now trading at a couple bucks' SAR's spreading like wildfire, 120,000 more troops off to the bloodless war, GDP falling like a stone, deficit going straight up and a tax cut being rammed through which will ensure the deficit goes up faster and through all of this the talking heads on Procto talk about a war rally-Ya Right! When this puppy flushes the velocity will be MORE than we can imagine. Still short-new stop 887. Trade Safe!

Welcome back Mousey, good to have you posting again :P . I almost shorted Xlnx, hehe, but decided to just wait until EOM ends. I think they will try to jam tomorrow and maybe Monday. After that look out! I covered at the open and now in 100% cash as I really hate EOM. Made a small profit for now, nothing exciting.

Oilman

Otherwise, this is Seventies 'hate market' action. Lower those sideburns.

Mr. TwoScrewsLoose

How bout settling FUR low brow, instead? LOLOL

LOW BROW? Mais, avec plaisir!

K-i-s-s-i-n-g

Chicka chicka dee

Do me like a banshee

Low brow is how

Swimming in the sound

Of bow wow wow

Aw baby do me now

Do me here I do allow

from Suck My Kiss, Red Hot Chili Peppers

This song is on a DVD called Off the Map. It is the greatest live concert video I've ever seen. Bass player Flea walks on stage in the dark and announces "we are the RHCP, & we will rock ur MF'n ass." He don't lie!

My gutt tells me we have another 90% up day

before we crack into the 600-800 S&P500 range.

I was looking at my short position on MTG & wondering do I take my profit?

So I thought I would revisit the "cutting the flowers" theory.

From fool.com & Peter Lynch

"Some people automatically sell the "winners" -- stocks that go up -- and hold on to their "losers" -- stocks that go down -- which is about as sensible as pulling out the flowers and watering the weeds. Others automatically sell their losers and hold on to their winners, which doesn't work out much better. Both strategies fail because they're tied to the current movement of the stock price as an indicator of the company's fundamental value. The current stock price tells us absolutely nothing about the future prospects of a company, and it occasionally moves in the opposite direction of the fundamentals".

http://www.fool.com/foolish8/2002/foolish8020225.htm

MTG's "future prospects" looks lousey so I am hanging on despite the high short interest and the price action.

I am looking to take a bigger position on homebuilders

- my only position has been CTX. Any stoolie recommendations?

Looking at a lot of short term bullish charts on fundamentally horrible companies...something tells me the bear is about to come back out of his cave...is this where all the people that bought "the bottom" lose their ass...guess it depends on liquidity and the cmaps...PS the 81 day gold cycle per Stan Harley bottoms the next 1-2 trading days...Still prowling for those PUTZ

Archived