Another Day Another Dong

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigwave posted on IDS that I would have something to say about Doc going Dong. No, Doc is his own person.

For the record, I have never questioned someone elses trades on this board.

Yes I do get pms once in a while but, it has never been about ones trade. :grin:

Received this via e-mail today about the prior and potential commerce between France and Iraq - FYI:

France

According to the CIA World Factbook, France controls over 22.5 percent of Iraq's imports.

[1] French total trade with Iraq under the oil-for-food program is the third largest, totaling $3.1 billion since 1996, according to the United Nations

[2] In 2001 France became Iraq's largest European trading partner. Roughly 60 French companies do an estimated $1.5 billion in trade with Baghdad annually under the U.N. oil-for-food program.

[3] France's largest oil company, Total Fina Elf, has negotiated a deal to develop the Majnoon field in western Iraq. The Majnoon field purportedly contains up to 30 billion barrels of oil.

[4] Total Fina Elf also negotiated a deal for future oil exploration in Iraq's Nahr Umar field. Both the Majnoon and Nahr Umar fields are estimated to contain as much as 25 percent of the country's reserves.

[5] France's Alcatel company, a major telecom firm, is negotiating a $76 million contract to rehabilitate Iraq's telephone system.

[6] From 1981 to 2001, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), France was responsible for over 13 percent of Iraq's arms imports.

Bigwave posted on IDS that I would have something to say about Doc going Dong. No, Doc is his own person.

For the record, I have never questioned someone elses trades on this board.

Yes I do get pms once in a while but, it has never been about ones trade. :grin:

Just havng some fun TE. Not talking about the trade, just the bull/bear thing.

I found this post on another board but I don't know if this is just a rumor or not. Any way to check it out?

Link

National Wire Transfer System Down.

"I have been advised by the national operations center of JP Morgan Chase that the national wire transfer system is down.

They would not make any further comment except to say this is very rare. "

Just so you all know. I was only able to hold it for about 20 minutes.

My dong, that is.

You better rest old man,.... :unsure:

"you should worry."

Just the fact that Goldmember is calling the quits,... might mean something. I've about had it, myself. :angry:

True signs of topping

Doc tries a brief DONG

SG quits his Forum (for now)

Mark is on vacation in Hawaii (always when bear rallies)

# of posts on M2M at night are dwindling, even without him, they are light...

Calls for much higher levels in market

PPT references tripling

... Just a lil SG fun, but all true...

SG likens this to first 10 days of January, which I sat out on sidelines.... remember seeing Bulls and Bears on FOX one weekend and everyone was buying.... about 1 day from the top...

SG is stubborn... SG is still amazingly up a scosh on the year, but yes, I did get blitkrieged in last 6 days or so... at least on paper.

Back to a SG approach.

View the RYVNX chart, 1 month chart if you want. Straight down does not fit any real pattern. SG says at a minimal 38% retrace on the VNX fund, it places QQQ at about 25.33

SG also calculates 25.23, and 25.67 as Fib retraces near term...

Other indicators NON EWAVE I use show definite topping signs near term, I think we can all agree on that...

SG keeps his hat on, stays short... stays focused on my $19.12 target, which has been bumped up to 20.20 due to the 26.98 print we have seen...

Either way, nothing much has changed with my bottom figures since Jan 23... other than retracements higher than expected...

The bottom still expected and I am still firm that we will see it...

I'll wait.... a move past 27.43 and its lights out and bulls are in charge.....

Was short in some areas - got blown out of EXPE today (ouch) :cry: :cry: :cry: - a profit into a loss since the stock didn't trade until close to 11AM. Someday the folks that just paid 3.3 billion for this junk will loose most of it. Still short in some areas, but thinking about going flat (still holding some PM and oil income stocks long) since one can never underestimate the mania and to what extremes people will go in this speculative ongoing bubble. The general public and MF managers could care less about genuine valuations - its all about momo. When the stock is hot keeping chasing it until it drops, hoping you are not the last one to be holding the bag. B)

I guess the school of thought that says any universally anticipated move can't happen can now close down. They got their war rally obviously.

The funny thing was that launch day, last Turdsday, the NY Times set the story as a rally on wars delay. Budda pointed out today that the big boys got the word before everyone else and the rally was THE war rally.

If it continues I have no clue. I'm a total fence sitter. However Buddas forensics are a siren song in my ear now. He says gigantic rally on the glorious victory under our bold audacious leader Bush. Trumpets and flourishes and jamming like we've never seen. And silly me, calculating yet another great shorting opprotunity in a month or so.

Archived