Yet Another Round Trip

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tug of rope going on between the options and futures pits:

SOURCE: Technical Analysis: Lower Highs, Higher Lows

by Paul Shread

"...a word about some of the forces at play here, not the least of which are the international events whipping the market around with every rumor. There are a lot of shorts in this market, with March puts outnumbering calls by 100,000 at both the 24 and 25 QQQ strike prices; those shorts are providing fuel for every rally. On the other hand, March futures positions are under water about 4% at current levels, so every rally is also an excuse to sell. In short, a volatile combination of forces that could make for a rocky market through the March 21 expiry."

We've got a weak bounce situation here today, more or less sideways trading action. I closed out 2 puts yesterday for good profits and bought another one. Will suss out 1 more before close today, poifect day for put hunting, nice and stable. Other than that not a lot to report....

I need some help.

It's obvious to me that the goobermint is intervening, but I can't figure out how they do it.

Do they print up a bunch of digital US Treasony notes and buy qqq's with them?

If so, how do they back them out without expanding M3?

Lastly, how many $B are we talking about to accomplish today's action? 1? 10? 25? 50? 100?

Pile- the new moon insight was priceless - had the complete ring of truth.

However, I'll nibble for 2 puts on Iraq but settle me in for a full 200% short on North Korea.

I think what Bears hate most is not the inevitable cyclical rallies within secular bear markets. But, rather the unpredictable flag pole jams by Al & Co. If the stock market were as free to flow on the downside as it is on the upside, it would be a lot more pleasant. Not to mention a lot more healthy for the market - versus the constant intervention that only serves to prolong the inevitable decline necessary to shake out the excesses culminating in the Bubble Years.

Windy

I just read that DEBKA file article. The plan allows Hussein to stay on as a sorta lame duck president for a year/ keep his plunder/ and move freely about, while they diddle around looking to destroy and disarm bombs and chemicals.

After everyone is happy he will live in an internationally protected palace near Tikrit.

uhhhhhhhhWhile I can see this rumor/info juicing the matrix I don't see how such a scenario is different than the one we have today where he is president-moving freely around-keeping his money-while they look for weapons-being essentially protected by certain internationals. LOL

anybody know best way to play canadian $ or aussie $(i have FAX) or Yen

i tried punching in CANDLR1 for can$ on etrade..no luck.. anyway to buy currency

through etrade or ameritrade..dreaming i guess

Use everbank.com and set up a world currency savings account. Charge about 100 basis points for the transaction which aint bad.

Aussie $ are good, Canadian bonds are also approved by the man upstairs.

Ameritrade is no help, sorry.

Supply

If the stock market were as free to flow on the downside as it is on the upside

prior to 2000 the FED jammed it on the way up... They are "the plunge protection team" not the "bear market prevention team" they are the milkmen...

Since real estate is becoming a topic here's what it looked like in the way back machine...

post-7-1046225904_thumb.gif

Archived