More Robot Volatility

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor that could affect todays events.....

2003-03-12 14:01 (08:01 at the east coast)

AL-QAIDA: USAMA BIN LADIN ARRESTED IN PAKISTAN - BBC

(that quotes a Iranian radiostation)

And here's a new acronym for all (MOAB):

"The US tests a 21,000 pound (9,500 kilogram) bomb - known as the Moab: Massive Ordnance Air Burst or, unofficially, the Mother Of All Bombs - which may be used in any conflict with Iraq."

Did anyone see Oyster this AM at 3:40? He was on eurovision and reiterated his call for a tradeable low coming soon. He said to watch for a Key Reversal Day to set up for a possible 20 to 22% rally from the low. Would go until May. Bears must be careful here.

I sold alot of my SPX puts yesterday. Still holding 3 April 825's hedged with some March calls and some March 700 doom puts.

If it crashes I will be Ok and if it rallies I'm ready. I think it will crash but just don't trust it with the amount of $ I had riding.

During this decline, we have lower lows on lower volume, and higher highs on the McClellan Oscillator.

How can you tell when we are going lower, or when to spot a reversal due to a positive divergence?

Mark, I don't use the Osciallator itself - too spiky for my taste. I use the Summation Index, which is much smoother. And I use that of the NASDAQ - not that of the NYSE. There it is relatively easy to see where the overbought/Dover Sole levels are and when it has reversed.

Regards,

Vesselin

5-day ARMS was at a 16-year high yesterday. ?All prior records close to that number resulted in a 25% rally in the broad market shortly thereafter.

Wndy

That is quite interesting.

Do you have a chart or a link for that?

Can't get Bretz TRIN-5 easily, but the 5-dma of the regular TRIN is a fair approximation of it. (Just look at the pattern; not at the particular values; they are 5 times lower than the actual Bretz TRIN-5.)

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$nya,uu[l,a]daclynab[d19930101][pf].gif

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$trin,uu[l,a]dallnnaa[d19930101][pb5!a0.8!a1.6][c!!!!!!!f5f5f5].gif

Regards,

Vesselin

Investors don't think that way generally because it isn't a zero sum game. If the perceived value of society, companies, the future grows, then everyone makes money who owns a piece of the future. To be an investor, you have to believe that the future holds greater things than the present. You are not betting against someone, you are betting "on" everyone.

"Oh, bold investor in the future, thou surely art an idiot!" - Mogambo Guru. :P

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived