B4 The Bell Turdsday

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stopped for plus 35 points per contract-that will pay some bills this turn is obviously an upturn. I think what we have here is simply a. Down-b. up next should be down hard!

I think the US market can not ignore the 2.5% drop in Europe today. I am reducing long positions at this hour in anticipation of a further quick drop the next few days, followed by a bounce and/or stabilization period until the end of March/early April.

Moving to India sounds okay to me. Talk about culture shock though. Whoo boy. But if you sold your house, had a bit of equity, you could live like a king. What an adventure!

Greenspan thinks we need reeducation? Keep it up lizard face, every time you open your mouth, you're infuriating the newly unemployed who've put their lives on hold for decades in the IT, doing just that. It beggars belief, the garbage these guys spew. They need reeducation themselves, in the form of a frozen boot kicking them hard in the butt. They might just get it metaphorically.

DJ US Treasury 10-Yrs: 3.752%; 34.31% At High

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The U.S. Treasury awarded $11.00 billion in reopened 10-year notes at Thursday's auction at a high rate of 3.752%.

The Treasury received bids totaling $19.90 billion and accepted $11.00 billion, including $43.50 million of noncompetitive tenders, down from $133.63 million at the previous 10-year note auction Feb. 12.

There were no tenders from foreign and international monetary authority accounts on a noncompetitive bidding basis.

The bid-to-cover ratio, an indication of demand, was 1.81, Treasury said.

Tenders submitted at the high yield were allotted 34.31%.

The median rate was 3.730%; that is, 50% of the amount of accepted competitive bids were tendered at or below that rate.

The dollar price was 102.034 and the coupon rate was 4%. The 10-year note sale is a reopening of the notes first sold in February, when the coupon was set at 4%.

(MORE on Dow Jones Newswires)

It's a great day for commods. Soybeans are on the move again.

If soybeans go over 10.00, I will declare a "Beano alert." :huh:

Copper up 5 cents. :blink: Reports of its demise were greatly exagerated.

Iron-ically (?) those at the Fed who claim to be worried about deflation should really be worried about how wholesale inflation is going to hit our economy like a tsunami.

Archived