B4 The Bell, Thursday June 24

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

07:47 Jefferies downgrades CECO, COCO, ESI, EDMC, STRA, UTI

Jefferies downgrades CECO, COCO, and ESI to Underperform from Buy, as they expect continued pressure on these names in the short-run due to the potential for additional negative headlines as well as a lack of demand by investors to hold these names going into the qtr-end. Firm also downgrades EDMC, STRA, and UTI to Hold from Buy; while they believe there is less risk with these 3 stocks, as there are no lawsuits or investigative matters clouding the stories, firm says investigations into the other education co's should cast a shadow over the entire group.

It is my belief that there are people out there constantly targeting spyware and adware users. I think they view it as a cat and mouse game of constant escalation. I have tried several of those before and they seemed to work for a while but over time it seemed to induce a nastier infection when they finally got through. At times I wonder if it isn't the purveyors of said software attempting to prove their superiority by attacking each other and being able to claim they can stop this or that but the other guy can't.

It is that and more Yobob. Follow the money. The $$$ matter.

Code writers are very busy at the moment with lots of innovation across the spectrum.

Work arounds guarantee display of the garbage.

It has been written here before....

scrub,

rinse,

repeat, ad nausium.

Guest yobob1
yobob1 -

Make sure you go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and apply all critical updates.

The last time I did that the system crashed. Almost like something was waiting in the background for just such an action. The other thing that annoys me about the updates from Sicroshit is there is a bewildering display of available updates and they seem to overlap or are updates of updates. It would seem to me that the updates should be simply the latest version and the others should be deleted. It appears to be akin to a manufacturer making an upgraded replacement part and continuing to offer the old part at the same time. BWTFDIK.

Sounding like a broken record again, but today's durable goods orders are displaying the lagging data showing what I have said that things are grinding down. My take on June business activity around these parts is a continuation of that trend that started back in April when the consumer started running out of "free" money to blow. If I'm right the weakness should begin to accelerate through the Summer and jobless claims will begin creeping up again - despite the best government efforts at obfuscation of all data. I.e. as we all know things are worse than what they would like us to believe.

In spite of all this I think the fed has to raise rates .25% this month. I believe it is their only option. Anything else is going to be reflected on as "bad".

yobob1 -

Make sure you go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and apply all critical updates.

The last time I did that the system crashed. Almost like something was waiting in the background for just such an action. The other thing that annoys me about the updates from Sicroshit is there is a bewildering display of available updates and they seem to overlap or are updates of updates. It would seem to me that the updates should be simply the latest version and the others should be deleted. It appears to be akin to a manufacturer making an upgraded replacement part and continuing to offer the old part at the same time. BWTFDIK.

I've never had a problem with windowsupdate crashing anything. You may have a hardware problem. Just choose all of the updates, install, and repeat until there are no more left. Takes a while but you'll get there eventually.

Gold above $400!

Interesting Yobob that you say the last time you went to MShit to download the latest patches and updates it crashed your machine.

Same happened to me and even worse when I got it running again there was something wrong with explorer so I couldn't even work my mouse.Had to go to safe mode and with the advice of others got it working again.Really have to re-format it but it seems ok for now.Need to try recover all my passwords and stuff before re-formatting--bit of a bugger really.

On some days 100% of my mail is spam and of that 60% contains attachments with unknown file suffixes like pif.They are always around 40kb.I just wish it were possible to send that shoyt back to the makers.

Archived