B4 The Bell, Pre-Weekend April 30

HB, I'm really not convinced the bottom is in for silver. Before this sell-off the shorts outnumbered the longs 9:1. That probably got more extreme as longs liquidated on the way down. I doubt that the shorts are fully out given the outlandish position. If they had all tried to cover during this brief sell-off we would have seen some pretty large spikes. We got near 5.5 but a mere .3 rise from there doesn't indicate the kind of massive covering needed. This is why I said yesterday that I think we would have some sideways chop for a while as 1 by 1 they sneak out the back door and I still think there's possibly a little more downside. Of course I could be wrong as this is primarily guesswork since you can't get any good view behind the curtain.

March's retail spending was weaker than expected. Wait until you see April. :lol:

Actually the spending will likely stay similar, but where it goes will be different. It would be interesting to see the numbers if you take out gasoline.

Yobob

If you think there are many shorts left to cover would that not be a good thing for the longs??

Shorts must BUY back their positions creating demand. If the shorts really did increase their positions on the way down present short holdings must be staggering.

I still believe the fed was alarmed about the precious metals popularity and potentially, some derivative type crisus. To sacrifice the bond the way they did on the employment report says all.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I turn on crapvision when I'm booting to see where the futures are and you know how every morning they have a viewer question that pretains to some worldly even that effects the stock market ?

Well todays question was "what nickname do you think Joe Kernan should have...The Kahuna or Stockmarket J"...

I couldn't resist so I emailed them and said how about "Mr. Jinx" or better yet "Jinxy" named after the cat that terrorized Greg Foker in Meet the Parents because every "hot stock he spams, and every time he taunts bears, joe six pack gets their head ripped off",,,,,

Dude is one of the biggest sheetheads on tv,,,,The stay puff host looks humble compared to him...

Ag

stop 1122-in the pre-open Crapvision had on Jack Perougian the Shill with the Uncle Harvey smile, dirty glasses and the small dog hanging on to his left leg. Jack said (in a rare moment of truth) lots of money was coming out of the market and going home to Europe. Add that to Japans non-intervention and you have real trouble and it all traces back to the collapsing house of cards in Iraq! ;)

stopped plus 120 points greatfully received! This story gets even worse Gen . Kimmit met with the Iraqui press to "tell them how they should report the story." the European and Asian Press are on fire about this.

not going over well here in the Kingdom. Being taken for exactly what it is.... a sign of weakness.

Several Canadians on this board - I'm another one B) I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, FL now, but grew up and lived in Edmonton, Alberta until 4 years ago.? It's nice to hear some perspective from north of the border again.? Thanks guys.

twig.

Nice to have a fellow Edmontonian in the house Twig

In exile in Toronto but always a westerner at heart :D

Actually born in Edmonton!

Archived