B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, March 16

If the oil price stays high, I believe natgas has only limited room to fall, if it falls at all.

I agree. There is a lot of surplus electric generating capacity using NG. If NG dropped proportionally more than oil, demand would pick up relatively fast.

B4 - I agree that the risk is all on the bulls heads today. The best they can hope for is the status quo, the worse is more indications the period of low rates will not extend indefinately. The Fed is showing its more restrictive hand already by slowing the growth of the monetary base substantially the last two weeks or so (see Doc' Feed report for more details).

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yobob1
Something for the inflationists to consider.  Over the last hundred years the dollar has lost about 97% of it's purchasing power.  How much inflation potential is really left?

The answer is, an infinite amount.

It's a logarithmic process. After the dollar has lost 99% of its value, they can inflate another ten times so that it's lost 99.9% of its value ... and another ten times after that.

Governments customarily lop off a couple of zeros, or rename the currency, to 'reset' the process. But there's no hard numerical limit.

Unfortunately, there are social limits. Peasants with pitchforks sometimes 'reset' the government. :lol:

Of course you are correct on the theory side. On the practical side there is virtually nothing left to destroy.

Great investment idea though. Going in and buying the pitchfork futures as we speak. :lol:

I don't believe NG and oil are locked together. They are not interchangeable. There may be "sympathy" movements but ulitmately each has it's own supply and demand curves.

March 23rd is a personlal "joke" date.

I think you're right Brian, though it may fumble around near the highs until greenspan comes up with a new word to replace patience. Like "There is no f**king way in hell interest rates can ever rise without collapsing the global economy" :lol:

Talk about a divergence-NG, Oil and Gold all up and the market too-uh-uh doesn't work that way!

Hey, it's a brave new world. Anything is possible. Just listen to the greenman. We're all going to be wealthy and happy.

The Fed lets $3.5 billion in repos expire:

Temporary Open Market Operations for March 16, 2004

The Desk has not entered the market today.

This says to me that AG will and company will more likely than not now say something a little more conservative than last meeting.

Bulls beware.

The Fed lets $3.5 billion in repos expire:

Temporary Open Market Operations for March 16, 2004

The Desk has not entered the market today.

This says to me that AG will and company will more likely than not now say something a little more conservative than last meeting.

Bulls beware.

Plus, they're saving up for tomorrow.

To pay for the "rent a rally." :angry:

For those of you who have yet to take this opportunity to short the living snot out of NCEN, the betting window is closing shortly.

Thank you for the gift of this pop this morning boys...I'm fully loaded...and you can let it crash now.

Yours truly...Plunger

Archived