B4 The Bell, Humpday, June 16

The party is over.? The two party system IS the problem.

The Bill of Rights affords all of us a THIRD OPTION...the opportunity to adopt a new form of government if this one fails us.? My vote in this system won't result in a solution to the problem.? The two party system of "divide and conquer" IS the problem.? I hate all politics.

The only thing I need to get the truth out is a modem and a keyboard.? Nobody speaks for me, better than me.

Respectfully disagree. The 2-party system appears to be the problem when

one does not consider the characters in the system. The characters in the 2-party system are the problem.

Liberal and Conservative are meerly convient labels because a socially liberal

person can be a ultra-conseravitive in fiscal matters. :D

Remove the money from the electoral process, and disallow public "servants" from assuming jobs as lobbyists immediately upon their resignation...and you will find that the character of those in public office improves dramatically.

Campaign Finance Reform would have been a good place to start.

Politicians are bought and paid for by special interests.

These people are interested in money and power.

Remove the money from the system, and the need for separate parties becomes less relevant. Polarization is not a democratic requirement.

Wall Street functions as a political slush-fund. Note the 'a' for there are others.

Unfortunately the politicians cannot regulate themselves as they attempt

to regulate everything else.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yobob1
The party is over.? The two party system IS the problem.

The Bill of Rights affords all of us a THIRD OPTION...the opportunity to adopt a new form of government if this one fails us.? My vote in this system won't result in a solution to the problem.? The two party system of "divide and conquer" IS the problem.? I hate all politics.

The only thing I need to get the truth out is a modem and a keyboard.? Nobody speaks for me, better than me.

Respectfully disagree. The 2-party system appears to be the problem when

one does not consider the characters in the system. The characters in the 2-party system are the problem.

Liberal and Conservative are meerly convient labels because a socially liberal

person can be a ultra-conseravitive in fiscal matters. :D

Remove the money from the electoral process, and disallow public "servants" from assuming jobs as lobbyists immediately upon their resignation...and you will find that the character of those in public office improves dramatically.

Campaign Finance Reform would have been a good place to start.

Politicians are bought and paid for by special interests.

These people are interested in money and power.

Remove the money from the system, and the need for separate parties becomes less relevant. Polarization is not a democratic requirement.

Nail on the head. It's the money that's the problem. Isn't it amazing that some broke two-bit backwater politician gets elected to congress and a few years later he's a multi-millionaire?

I say eliminate all pension plans for elected officials - no incentive to hang around. Mandatory 5 year period before an elected official after leaving office may interact with any government agency for the purpose of lobbying or acting on the behalf of or employed by any government vendor. I'd like to do away with professional lobbyists, but how to accomplish that without denying lobbying by an individual?

Oh well, maybe we can get it right the second time around.

What a bunch of stool!

U.S. housing starts flat in May

Building permits point to buoyant single-family sector

http://aolpf5.marketwatch.com/news/story.a...7D&siteid=aolpf

Starts of new housing units fell about 0.7

Building permits for new housing increased 3.5

Construction was strongest in the single-family sector, rising 1.4 percent to

Meanwhile, construction of multifamily dwellings fell about 9.9 percent

Starts were 12.5 percent higher than in May 2003

How do these braindead morons look at themselves in the morning?

They look into very expensive mirrors, in very expensive bathrooms with very expensive hookers on their arms, in very large and expensive houses in very nice and exclusive neighborhoods, with very expensive cars/SUVs outside.

At least that's how I do it! :grin:

There's No Government Like No Government

http://www.nogov4me.net/

Good Morning Crew- Everyone has some good thoughts posted-I see. We open with an explosion, window at the Bell for 75 minutes-Mercury-Pluto are heavy at the open (yes-think weight)-moved my stop to 1135 till we get past the open-still have a profit locked. Helmets on, Buckle up! ;)

U.S. Says Iran Trying to Bully UN Nuclear Watchdog

Wed Jun 16, 2004 06:26 AM ET

VIENNA (Reuters) - Iran is trying to bully the board of the U.N. nuclear watchdog by threatening to resume the enrichment of uranium, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in Vienna said on Wednesday.

"What we're seeing is a full court press of intimidation by the government of Iran and its delegation here," ambassador Kenneth Brill told reporters, using a basketball metaphor. The United States suspects Iran of developing nuclear weapons under cover of a civilian atomic energy program, which Iran denies.

"People who are trying to produce electricity for lightbulbs don't engage in this kind of behavior," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=5435781

Irans Heavy Water Reactor, the first being built by Russia, will produce

weapons grade plutonium as a bi-product of uramium fission.

The problem arises in the seperation of spent uranium from the highly radioactive,

corrosive, long-lived and toxic plutonium.

Haniford Washington is where this was done.

Weapons grade plutonium must then be formed into a shpere for an implosion

type device to work. Other problems must also be overcome but I won't

go into them.

Hunter,

Very interesting. Where can I read more about the process involved in Nuclear weapons production. I dont need formulea and tele numbers to order the material and machines -:)...just info on where this stuff is done..the people involved..the problems involved,etc,etc

Start with the Manhatten Project. Visit Oak Ridge, Tn.

Also anything Los Alamos New Mexico and the Trinity Test. Trinity was the plutonium bomb which had to be tested before its twin was dropped on Japan.

The uranium device did not have to be tested because when enough weapons grade material is accumulated in one spot, it will go critical automatically.

Some Dogpatch (Oak Ridge) workers discovered a near critical condition as they

gathered seperated uranium in a barrel and the barrel got HOT.

This will give you a teaser.....

http://www.dannen.com/decision/trin-rad.html

The party is over. The two party system IS the problem.

The Bill of Rights affords all of us a THIRD OPTION...the opportunity to adopt a new form of government if this one fails us. My vote in this system won't result in a solution to the problem. The two party system of "divide and conquer" IS the problem. I hate all politics.

The only thing I need to get the truth out is a modem and a keyboard. Nobody speaks for me, better than me.

WORD, Plunger!!

I have a fantasy that some other alternative (besides martial law)

will surface before the election.

If not, there's 4 years to work on it.

Sherlock

Archived