Dating Fraud

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was trashed on IDS today was I-so be it-I was one hell of a bull on the bull market that is NOT what we have NOW-this is by all definitions a BEAR MARKET. I can deal with the penis envy of the losers who love to take out their wrath on someone who makes $'s playing the market while they lose theirs. But Hey before you get carried away (and you will on a stretcher) look at the week we double topped at 998 and as DOC said and I SAID earlier we are in a trading range until 974 is taken out or 1015.33 is taken out it's not hard to understand. A while back markie alluded to those who have the capacity to ride the markets out-ok-how do you think we got to be able to do that-simple being on the right side over time. I am long GOLD and Oil and natural gas trusts and have been for a very, very long time. Yes i am short the SPOO'S stop 1015 Sept. contracts-could I be wrong-sure-nothing in the markets is 100% but I believe strongly the odds are on my side. So yeah I'm a Bear and Golden Stool YOU are long what I am-so whats your beef?? As to you NazCrack riverboaters hey you build your bed of nails and then sleep in it-if you have half the success I've had over the years you'll be a lucky duck. Lashing and trashing tells me where your bank account is-trade safe!

BGO and WHT hit new highs today on more than DOUBLE the average volume.

How great would it be if Mark were right and eventually they started trading like the Asian Exotica?

?Truly, PM's saved the day for me today :D

That brings up the question of how long the PM's and general market will move in the same direction. Can they move together indefinitely? If they split, which one keeps going up and which one down? :huh:

Until HUI crosses SPUI ;) I see so need for irrational exuberance about PMs.

success!

gruff

I think Kitco was expecting a good day on HUI. Lookit the scale for this chart! :o

post-7-1059188974_thumb.jpg

even with solid advances today on the indices, BPI's have all crossed. Notice the Dow is the last to cross historically - where best time to short is when SPX and NDX retest the moving average after initial cross and the cross AGAIN.

Agreed it looks that way for the SPX. Sometimes if you had waited for the second cross, you would have missed somes moves e.g. 9/2000, 9/2002.

Congratulations on finding a good sell signal for the SPX, which I've found impossible to short profitably over the last year, with EMA, MACD, and discretion.

Consider checking Doc's cmaps to see if they are better confirmations for the first BPI cross.

Of course how long is the million $ question.

It kinda seems to me that Gold and the PM's, move close to the same direction as inflation and interest rates, and maybe it is less pegged to the direction of the dollar and the market.

Assmaster posted a chart of CALVF that showed its' peak in 1994, so I looked at other miners and found similar peaks.

So if the Feds goal is re-flation, it seems to me that Gold will lead the charge.

All I know is that institutions are accumulating. That should be a good indicator of future stock price. Thoughts?

Well, my market meter is confirming what many short sellers are feeling - that

the downtrend that asserted itself this week is trying to negate - but hasn't quite yet. Can you say trading range?

My day wasn't so bad because I kept my stops adjusted and tight,

but I did have to give back about 3/4 of what I would have if I just closed at noonish. You know the delema of thinking one should close but still wanting to let the winners run. HD and RYL were my best trades today - that and gold/silver.

Am starting to use trailing stops of 2% - but thinking 1% may be better. Has anyone else used them? Any problems using them?

looking at that tokyo photo puts me in the mood for chicken - a thigh and drumstick perhaps :D

Looks like this guy had a similar idea, but is a bit unclear on the concept.

Btw, in Chinese the characters for "chicken" and "lady-of-the-evening" sound very similar and are the basis for a lot of puns.

post-7-1059190742_thumb.jpg

One other thing. If you are really feeling seriously depressed, and you think it's because of the market, for godsakes drop me an email.

And if any of you out there are shrinks or psychs that can deal with this issue, please let me hear from you as well.

I mean it's ok to feel bad when things go against you. You wouldn't be normal otherwise. But if it is a deep, never-ending, black mood, with a constant feeling of hopelessness, then you must recognize that there's a problem, and that it can be ameliorated!

Do not allow bearishness to be an excuse or a cover for depression. I'm a bear, and I feel blue sometimes of course, but I can also feel pretty ebullient.

Admittedly, it's damn hard on a day like today. :lol: :lol:

"ebullient" -- Doc, is this your typing again, or are you promoting the dark side e"bull"ient :P :P :P .

Archived