IDS World Markets Fri 19th September 08

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try IG markets. Much lower commissions than City index and I have not heard of them eliminating people.

690585[/snapback]

My CFD account was closed down in 2006.

I then opened accounts with IG index & Interactive Brokers in 2006.

Interactive Brokers is the best for Full-time players imo, as its direct market acces and the lowest fees (but you pay tax on net winnings).

IG is tax free on winning, but its still just another Bucket Shop. It appears they do hedge, but they can put you on manual execution if you win too much.

wow, THANKS!

If I'm not back in half an hour, please send a search crew out for me... :D  :lol:  :o  :unsure:

690542[/snapback]

That's not Hypertiger. Hypertiger was a guy. This woman is a copycat, wannabe with too much time on her hands and who writes about cosmetics or something on another blog she runs. Annoys me that there's no disclaimer that she's not the real hypertiger.

that's him!

I enjoy his rants.

690543[/snapback]

See above

He's a doomsday scenario in a documentary. He may be right and he may be wrong. Regardless, worth a read to stimulate the anti-wall street mind.

Spend the time...

690551[/snapback]

See above

HT rants just get longer and longer. He's banned on more message boards than I have time to read in a year.

690554[/snapback]

Right. But that's not him.

Once this short covering is burned out, the market will come down in a slow painful bleed, day after day after day. And there will be no short covering rallies.

690590[/snapback]

Would not a measure like this put a lot of traders out of business?

Reinstating a 1934 government fund to "backstop" MMF's.

690591[/snapback]

They just had to, the real economy would completely stop if they didn't.

"The Treasury will insure for a year holdings of publicly offered money-market funds that pay a fee to participate in the program. Retail and institutional funds are eligible, the department said today in a statement. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...DyQ4&refer=home

Reinstating a 1934 government fund to "backstop" MMF's.

690591[/snapback]

U.S. Treasury to Insure Money-Market Fund Holdings (Update1)

By Brendan Murray

Sept. 19 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Treasury plans to use as much as $50 billion from the country's Exchange Stabilization Fund to temporarily protect investors from losses on money- market mutual funds.

The Treasury will insure for a year holdings of publicly offered money-market funds that pay a fee to participate in the program. Retail and institutional funds are eligible, the department said today in a statement.

``Money-market funds play an important role as a savings and investment vehicle for many Americans,'' the department said in the statement. ``They are also a fundamental source of financing for our capital markets and financial institutions. Maintaining confidence in the money-market fund industry is critical to protecting the integrity and stability of the global financial system.''

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/trea...0%7D&dist=msr_3

Archived