Cube Trader 2006

Hanky

When I plug the indicies in.... the weeklies keep on quietly creeping up to a buy signal...still not there yet. The dailies on all three (Naz., S&P, Dow) are still on a weak sell and look to be slowing down. It wouldn't take much to change the signals here (up or down)...

As it is right now, the Dow is showing the most strength and could turn to a buy soon....

Took profits on the short position and if things start ticking up...especially the weekly, I'll soon be in on the long side.

Trade well....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I plug the indicies in.... the weeklies keep on quietly creeping up to a buy signal...still not there yet. The dailies on all three (Naz., S&P, Dow) are still on a weak sell and look to be slowing down. It wouldn't take much to change the signals here (up or down)...

As it is right now, the Dow is showing the most strength and could turn to a buy soon....

Took profits on the short position and if things start ticking up...especially the weekly, I'll soon be in on the long side.

Trade well....

Are your weeklys at a buy yet??

Thanks

Weekend Update:

CT remains on BUY

HOM remains on BUY

We continue to hold our QQQQ long position from 40.89 and now up

on it @ 1%

I don't like to look at the chart because it looks scary pattern wise but there is some TL support not too far below if this thing breaks down all of a sudden.

Not feeling too good about this trade compared to the last successful trade we had

where the market remained strong all the way up and then puked.

Current readings have us tenuously long.

Hank

post-2230-1142691765_thumb.jpg

Even though CT remains on a very tenous buy signal I am going to

sell 1/2 QQQQ here for a slight 1% gain as long as I get a fairly decent fill...

Nas futures way down...

I just have a really bad feeling about things here...may add it on again

hopefully lower and when things hopefully look better...

So just lightening up on instinct...

watch it turn around and all put in new highs today :blink:

One ratty mess of risk, good luck out there.

HANK

• 2 weeks later...

Weekend Update:

CT = BUY

HOM = BUY

No Changes in signals and all remain on weak long status as the market continues to frustrate. Hoping at least for some exitement in PM and we are now

long UNWPX. Continue to hold our QQQQ position sized down and up 2.2%

Seasonal strength goes to May 1 so hopefully that will keep us in the black on

this trade but I continue to not like what I see, will post if that changes and

I add back up on the position.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

CT = BUY

HOM = BUY

Our QQQQ position now up only about 3% after over 3 months holding, we did

reduce our usual amount to 50% and continue to be very cautious on this trade.

This is by far one of the longest trades in the systems history and with the smallest return (thus far) My indicators continue to remain bullish but often dipping extremely close to sells. Currently 3 of 5 components are positive, the other 2 are negative. Last Fall's rally had all 5 remaining strong throughout and then suddenly collapsing and we had a "comfortable" trade with nice 8% gain.

This one has been scary with all along only 3 positive and even they treading

just above sell. On a fundamental basis I see worrisome signs with interest rates

solidly climbing and now above 5% A much more critical level is at 5.5%

The housing market is obviously rapidly changing to a buyers market in most

regions and already prices are under pressure. Also I am becoming more confident commodities are going to continue their strength with oil and gold moving even higher. The USD looks very vulnerable to a fairly big dump this year. So have I just outlined a wall of worry that the market will continue to climb or are we putting in another gigantic topping process? Time will tell but for now I remain long in Nas100, gold and oil; QQQQ and UNWPX and OIH.

HAPPY EASTER!

Hank

CT = BUY

HOM = BUY

Our QQQQ position now up only about 3% after over 3 months holding,  we did

reduce our usual amount to 50% and continue to be very cautious on this trade.

This is by far one of the longest trades in the systems history and with the smallest return (thus far)  My indicators continue to remain bullish but often dipping extremely close to sells.  Currently 3 of 5 components are positive, the other 2 are negative.  Last Fall's rally had all 5 remaining strong throughout and then suddenly collapsing and we had a "comfortable" trade with nice 8% gain.

This one has been scary with all along only 3 positive and even they treading

just above sell.  On a fundamental basis I see worrisome signs with interest rates

solidly climbing and now above 5% A much more critical level is at 5.5% 

The housing market is obviously rapidly changing to a buyers market in most

regions and already prices are under pressure.  Also I am becoming more confident commodities are going to continue their strength with oil and gold moving even higher.  The USD looks very vulnerable to a fairly big dump this year.  So have I just outlined a wall of worry that the market will continue to climb or are we putting in another gigantic topping process?  Time will tell but for now I remain long in Nas100, gold and oil; QQQQ and UNWPX and OIH.

HAPPY EASTER!

Hank

Thanks Hank, I am with you.

Weekend Update:

CT = BUY

HOM = BUY

Our QQQQ position still up @3%

Indicators now 4 of 5 positive but all very weak...

Fragile market, still keeping with 50% position size...

Haven't posted my SP GANN chart for a while, here it is and we are testing

at the 2/3 one-half square of the high level. LTCO still on BUY. RAFF Market

Space still on LT BUY. We continue to buck the 4 year cycle down phase.

Silly to be bearish but at a fundamental level there are forces building against

this cyclical bull.

Staying long QQQQ, only will assume the full position if all 5 go positive and start picking up strength.

HANK

post-2230-1145795090_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

CubeTrader Alert:

ADDING BACK TO ORIGINAL FULL LONG POSITION AT OPEN TODAY.

CT = BUY

HOM = BUY

All indicators have significantly improved with all 5 positive so diving in, hope

the pool isn't empty :rolleyes:

HANK

When is this monster going to take a decent correction?

When is this monster going to take a decent correction?

THE PIGMEN DRAINED THE POOL WHILE I WAS IN MID-DIVE :(

TODAY WAS AN EXTREME CHANGE OF CHARACTER. :huh:

The HOM has been gradually creeping downward to a SELL despite the shorter term indicators turning up sharply earlier this week.

By the close TODAY the HOM has issued a LT SELL signal for the open tomorrow 5-12-06 The HOM has been on buy status since last October and has about a 5% gain to show for it.

We only trade in the direction of the HOM therefore

CT switches to CASH

Provided we get a reasonable fill at the open tomorrow, the actual gain for this CT trade would be 2.2% or 0.9 points assuming the usual constant position size during each trade.

I entered the original position at QQQQ 39.87. However I cut the position later in half at about the same price and then went back to full position at 42.1 and of course we got smacked on that the past few days so I have only a very negligible profit remaining now :angry: BUT at least no loss.

I was still very apprehensive when I added back on because of the marginal status of the HOM but all the ST indicators shot up to there highest readings in months and I expected the start of a turn around but the past 2 days changed it all. :(

As I have mentioned this has been the longest CT trade in the systems history

(1-6-06 to 5-12-06 ) and with only a puny gain to show for it. Thus far this year has been worse than last year which was the worst one of all the systems history!

THIS MARKET JUST TOTALLY SUCKS and has been virtually UNTRADABLE except for only energy and commodity related sectors.

So Black Prince...I am looking for a top here now we go down into the Fall 4-year cycle low.(The NDX actually topped in JAN if this is indeed a major IT top) and maybe at least we can finally get a tradable downtrend to catch.

So again the current signals at the open 5-12-06 are:

CT = CASH

HOM = SELL

Good Luck...It sure ain't easy anymore,

HANK

Archived