B4 The Bell Tuezelday October 19

Depends - source?

Butters - Yesterday a couple of people were going around in my office neighborhood. They talked with my brother. He told me on the phone last night.

As for the law - don't have time now to dig. But it was widely discussed on the web.

Sell into rally mode.

Yesterdays volume was light again.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Housing Starts down 6% ?!?

the expected number was 2.8%

Somehow the TEN YEAR Yield needs to tank today to save the likes of CFC...if not...

Watch HD and CFC and ASD

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of an important person which went almost unnoticed last week.

Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in, and then the trouble started.

:lol: :lol:

Doc...........Jeb is one slick operator........Did you love how is daughter

was put above LAW....................

Caught...........while on probation.........doing..buying drugs in a rehab

facility.................penalty...........NADA.........press-followup.........NADA

When people can't get enough of tv shows like House Swap and The Biggest Loser, just when their country's fabric is going down the drain, you know it's all over.

When the Daily Show is the best news show you can find...

When over 40% of Americans believe Saddam PERSONALLY planned 9/11...

:cry:

Zogby's tracking poll has Bush and Kerry both at 45%, with 7% undecided. If this election holds true to the history cited above, Kerry's in good shape.

In fact, based on his reading of undecided voters, John Zogby, who was the most accurate of any pollster in predicting the last two presidential races, says he "is staking his 20 years of experience on a Kerry win."

This is all predicated on a fair election process, of course. It is a measure of how badly wrong things have gone here in the world's greatest democracy, that one now has to fear that the election will be stolen outright.

http://www.pastpeak.com/

Wouldn't be fun to see the Commercials get hurt ?

Dec.'04 SILVER, COMEX

+0.158

Commercials continue to build up their short position against gold. All the Commercials are really doing is taking the other side -- or the side opposite the large speculators. The Commercials always operate on the thesis of "regression to the mean." In other words, when they think the large speculators have taken any market too far in one direction, the Commercials will take the other side. Furthermore, the Commercials are better financed than the large speculators, Which means that the Commercials almost always win in the end.

Once the large specs are whacked, the Commercials will take their short profits, and the game starts all over again. It's best to buy gold on a good decline, after the Commercials have taken their profits and greatly reduced their short position.

For some reason, the Commercials are ALWAYS short gold and silver. It's just a matter of whether they are building their short position or reducing their short position. When I last looked, the Commercial short position against gold was large, the biggest short position in about the last six months. We who hold actual gold simply ride it out. I don't trade gold, I don't gamble, and I don't live to see gold at $3000 an ounce. If gold goes to $3000, the dollar will be in the cellar, which would not be all that thrilling either.   

-Russell, yesterday

Good Morning Crew- I have moved my stop to 1118 for the open risking 3 points, I agree with depends short rallies very carefully, but virtually all world markets were up overnite I would not be surprised if I am stopped out. We are close to a top but could very well go up another 10 to 20 Spoo points before it rolls over. Window at the Bell for 55 minutes! ;)

Gold up $4.80 and oil down .89

Several days ago there was discussion about the oil-to-gold ratio being very high.

One way for it to correct is for gold to go 'up' in FRNs, while oil goes 'down' ... the price of oil in grams of gold is still high, but reverting toward the mean a bit.

The 'preferred' adjustment is for crude oil to keep 'rising,' and gold to 'rise' EVEN FASTER ... :lol:

Wouldn't be fun to see the Commercials get hurt ?

Dec.'04 SILVER, COMEX

+0.158

About 10 days ago, silver's upside progress stopped at the bottom of a downside chart gap that was printed back in April.

Uncle Buck is showing dangerous symptoms of terminal illness. Gold and silver are the anti-dollars.

Silver, in all likelihood, is gearing up for another assault on that chart gap. Dec. silver will signal that on a move above $7.34.

Let's roll!

Archived