Major Sell Signal

gotta defer to my taste buds on that dealio--i simply like the taste of PB. i just don't eat it that often.

i once bought some almond butter, many years ago. the flavor wasn't all that exciting, and the container's still sitting forlorn in my fridge.

I hope they have a toxic waste dump where you can turn in that jar. Aiyee ! ! ! !

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And lastly, I am a full one month into my variation of the China Study/Vegan food program

The results thus far are pretty compelling for just 30-days

How do vegan fans explain the fact that meat has been an essential component of the human diet since the earliest hunter gatherer days in Africa. A lot of the modern vegan food diet components were not available to early humans. This is especially true for those from Northern climes who had a v. limited seasonal choice of vegetarian food.

For most of its history animal husbandry was one of the main occupations in Europe. Until recent history, I suspect it would not have been possible to live in Europe on a vegetarian diet especially during winter both in terms of calorie requirement and availability of veg food.

Also, you can't get vit B12 from a vegan diet. In short we are designed to be omnivores.

Link to Terry Laundry's latest T-Theory chart....he nailed the advance off the March low and called the recent top like the good Doc almost to the day...

http://ttheory.typepad.com/files/advance-d...e-t13status.pdf

So perhaps an inverse Bradley this year, while the monthly charts lose momo and then roll over later this year into the 80 year cycle low destruction wave...

And then if you look at this one, a case could be made for a giant super cycle 5 waves up from 1800....Rome may be ready to collapse on a global basis.....

http://ttheory.typepad.com/files/40ycycledepressions.pdf

I am scaring myself....not just the kitty! :lol:

Don't scare me too much,or I will NEVER attempt to play the bounces.... :unsure:

How do vegan fans explain the fact that meat has been an essential component of the human diet since the earliest hunter gatherer days in Africa. A lot of the modern vegan food diet components were not available to early humans. This is especially true for those from Northern climes who had a v. limited seasonal choice of vegetarian food.

For most of its history animal husbandry was one of the main occupations in Europe. Until recent history, I suspect it would not have been possible to live in Europe on a vegetarian diet especially during winter both in terms of calorie requirement and availability of veg food.

Also, you can't get vit B12 from a vegan diet. In short we are designed to be omnivores.

And what about the time before there were tools and fire, which have been around for a relatively short period in our evolution?

How many other mammals on this planet cook their food?

And if we were unable to cook meat, and we had to kill our meat with our bare hands, would we be omnivores?

I guess the question is, have fire and hunting tools been available long enough for humans to completely adapt to meat consumption?

Or have we only partially adapted, and that is why there seems to be such links to animal protein and western type diseases, where far more meat and dairy are consumed.

In any event, after having eaten both types of diets, I can say that I feel better, and weight control is not even something I have to think about on a primarily vegan diet. And I do take some B-12, just in case.

One of the things that concerned me on January 19 when I timidly and trepidatiously put out my little list of 6 ETFs that looked good as "short term" shorts in the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition, was that we would NOT get a bounce that would allow ideal entry for intermediate to longer term setups.

That feeling is sticking with me. I mean, who ISN'T looking for some kind of bounce here. So the market bounces up hopefully in the morning, then spends the rest of the day just fading away. That seems like early stage bear market action to me. What about that. Do you have the same impression?

I was impressed that the market couldn't keep it up on Friday and it looks like it's breaking down further. I'm still wondering about having two days going lower if Mr. Widget's 8 day oscillator topped out on Friday morning. I'm getting the message this earnings that it's "enough already." Mr. Market may pound a few bulls heads in the sand.

01anger.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Dm4sFu73cJo/Rw4G...0-h/01anger.gif

Well, since there's nothing interesting to talk about in the markets and we're discussing food :mellow: then let me remind y'all of a fun fact from Anthro 101:

When anthropologists examined the skeletons of hunter-gathers as opposed to the later farming civilizations, they learned that the life expectancy of humans DROPPED as farming (i.e. more vegetable/grain based diet) came to be the norm. HOWEVER: this does not have much relevance for modern people, because the life expectancies back then were 25-30 so people did not live long enough to get degenerative diseases or cancer. And back then, they did not have fresh fruit or veggies in the winter so the diet tended to be nonstop carbohydrates. The hunter-gatherer diet tended to give people more protein and fat which they needed for calories to survive the winters, so they lived longer.

Different people thrive on different types of diets. Some people need meat, some people don't. It truly depends on your own body type. What seems to be true for everyone is that too many saturated fats are bad, fruits and vegetables and healthy oils are good. You guys who can eat the vegan diet are lucky. I'd like to be able do that, but I get sick on it. I need fish, eggs, and lean meat like chicken.

Uh-oh, now YooHoo front page has a "sell the news" article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100131/ap_on_...dhbGxfc3RyZWV0X

Am I the only one who is puzzled as to whether this is:

1) a sell signal, so they can say "don't say you weren't warned"; or

2) a buy signal, as they are trying to panic the small investors into selling, for a short-term bottom and soul-killing rally back up above 1100?

One of the things that concerned me on January 19 when I timidly and trepidatiously put out my little list of 6 ETFs that looked good as "short term" shorts in the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition, was that we would NOT get a bounce that would allow ideal entry for intermediate to longer term setups.

That feeling is sticking with me. I mean, who ISN'T looking for some kind of bounce here. So the market bounces up hopefully in the morning, then spends the rest of the day just fading away. That seems like early stage bear market action to me. What about that. Do you have the same impression?

i agree completely

kept posting thursday and friday

if this is the bounce/up phase... etc

i'd hate the to the down

i'd like to see 870 very, very soon

course You Can't Always Get What You Want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfJ0_KMiro

And what about the time before there were tools and fire, which have been around for a relatively short period in our evolution?

How many other mammals on this planet cook their food?

And if we were unable to cook meat, and we had to kill our meat with our bare hands, would we be omnivores?

I guess the question is, have fire and hunting tools been available long enough for humans to completely adapt to meat consumption?

Or have we only partially adapted, and that is why there seems to be such links to animal protein and western type diseases, where far more meat and dairy are consumed.

In any event, after having eaten both types of diets, I can say that I feel better, and weight control is not even something I have to think about on a primarily vegan diet. And I do take some B-12, just in case.

i'm pretty sure that we were genetically engineered from apes by an intelligent species from elsewhere.

it explains alot about our genetics. Just look at chromosome 2.

Well, since there's nothing interesting to talk about in the markets and we're discussing food :mellow: then let me remind y'all of a fun fact from Anthro 101:

When anthropologists examined the skeletons of hunter-gathers as opposed to the later farming civilizations, they learned that the life expectancy of humans DROPPED as farming (i.e. more vegetable/grain based diet) came to be the norm. HOWEVER: this does not have much relevance for modern people, because the life expectancies back then were 25-30 so people did not live long enough to get degenerative diseases or cancer. And back then, they did not have fresh fruit or veggies in the winter so the diet tended to be nonstop carbohydrates. The hunter-gatherer diet tended to give people more protein and fat which they needed for calories to survive the winters, so they lived longer.

Different people thrive on different types of diets. Some people need meat, some people don't. It truly depends on your own body type. What seems to be true for everyone is that too many saturated fats are bad, fruits and vegetables and healthy oils are good. You guys who can eat the vegan diet are lucky. I'd like to be able do that, but I get sick on it. I need fish, eggs, and lean meat like chicken.

Chimps, which are our closet evolutionary relatives seem to do just fine without a lot of animal protein. What is really interesting is that the total amount of animal type protein in their diets is around 5%...the level that Campbell found to be quite safe in his testing.

That is why I say primarily Vegan, not strictly Vegan. I still will have a few bites of animal flesh here and there. But I try to keep around 9 out of 10 meals pretty much on the strictly Vegan side.

Chimpanzee diets are composed mainly of ripe fruits but vary according to the time of the year and abundance of specific food items. They will spend many hours a day eating about 20 different species of plants and up to about 300 different species during a one year period. They do not store food and will eat it at the place they find it. They also enjoy eating young leaves particularly in the afternoon. In long dry seasons when fruit is scarce, tree seeds, flowers, soft pith, galls, resin and bark become an important part of their diet.

They also eat many different types of insects, however termites are the most nutritionally important. Termites are collected either by hand or with tools which are modified by the chimp and specifically used for this purpose. Many zoos, including the Honolulu Zoo, have built termite mounds to simulate this natural behavior of feeding. See our termite mound enrichment. Females spend twice as much time eating insects as males do. Birds are occasionally eaten. Mammals such as monkeys, pigs and antelope are also eaten, particularly by males, but along with termites only account for about 5% of their diet.

Archived