B4 The Bell Fireday July 30

A billion dollars in Iraqi funds is missing

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...it_13&printer=1

marchmellow.gif

Bailout might be needed for U.S. pension insurer

http://www.dailyherald.com/business/busine...?intid=38200275

Looming insolvency at pension plans run by bankrupt United Airlines and other struggling companies could overwhelm the U.S. agency that insures plans and force it to seek a taxpayer bailout, the agency's former head says.

marchmellow.gif

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gold shares look interesting. Island bottom or shooting star top? I suspect the former but we need to see follow-through to the upside before we know for certain. A gap down tomorrow would confirm the topping pattern.

My two cents. I would like to see the HUI close over 190 and soon. Even better would be two day close and then we are off to the races.

post-20-1091416117.png

If you were a terrorist... would you name the targets? Allowing them to heighten security? Hmmm...

Does "al-CIA-da" already have truck bombs or some type of explosive devices set in strategic positions,ready to detonate when the markets drop to a certain point possibly sometime within the next 30 days or so?

Looks like the big staged terror event is gearing up.

Next batch of civil liberties and freedoms into the shredder. Watch for a cartload of shiny new executive orders from ShrubCo. in response to the "9/11 Committee's recommendations". They will be good for a laugh... or more like a cry.

:cry:

Bush dictator for life.

Enjoy.

Whether they ever strike again or not mission accomplished. We will never feel safe again and after all that is the object of terror. Just the threat of action not action. :o

If you were a terrorist... would you name the targets? Allowing them to heighten security? Hmmm...

Does "al-CIA-da" already have truck bombs or some type of explosive devices set in strategic positions,ready to detonate when the markets drop to a certain point possibly sometime within the next 30 days or so?

Looks like the big staged terror event is gearing up.

Next batch of civil liberties and freedoms into the shredder. Watch for a cartload of shiny new executive orders from ShrubCo. in response to the "9/11 Committee's recommendations". They will be good for a laugh... or more like a cry.

:cry: 

Bush dictator for life.

Enjoy.

Whether they ever strike again or not mission accomplished. We will never feel safe again and after all that is the object of terror. Just the threat of action not action. :o

I feel less threatened by AQ than I do Ashcroft's and Ridge's thugs.

Intelligence Obtained on Threats Described Targets in Great Detail

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB3TZQJDXD.html

"A senior intelligence official described the details only on condition of anonymity."

Spare me. <_<

Oh ye. of little faith!!! Here's more

Captured Qaeda Figure Led Way to Information Behind Warning

The unannounced capture of a figure from Al Qaeda in Pakistan several weeks ago led the Central Intelligence Agency to the rich lode of information that prompted the terror alert on Sunday, according to senior American officials.

One senior American intelligence official said the information was more detailed and precise than any he had seen during his 24-year career in intelligence work. A second senior American official said it had provided a new window into the methods, content and distribution of Qaeda communications.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/02/politics...print&position=

And this is from the Gray Lady (NY Slimes)

Intelligence Obtained on Threats Described Targets in Great Detail

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB3TZQJDXD.html

"A senior intelligence official described the details only on condition of anonymity."

Spare me. <_<

Oh ye. of little faith!!! Here's more

Captured Qaeda Figure Led Way to Information Behind Warning

The unannounced capture of a figure from Al Qaeda in Pakistan several weeks ago led the Central Intelligence Agency to the rich lode of information that prompted the terror alert on Sunday, according to senior American officials.

One senior American intelligence official said the information was more detailed and precise than any he had seen during his 24-year career in intelligence work. A second senior American official said it had provided a new window into the methods, content and distribution of Qaeda communications.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/02/politics...print&position=

And this is from the Gray Lady (NY Slimes)

S. African Detained in Texas May Have Terrorist Ties

Woman on Government Watch List Entered U.S. Illegally from Mexico, Was Bound for New York.  She had $7000 on her when arrested. So much for the poor immigrant theory.

Could be a hawala or money carrier even if the quantity is small for any

operational purpose. :unsure:

Looks like Uncle Buck gapped down and from there has been just going sideways. The Euro gapped up to about 1.2050, where it sits. Gold gapped up to about 393.00, and also has just stayed there since the open.

My ST study shows ST trend is still mildly down on Euro (up on Buck), with a 5-day cycle topping out right now. This suggests another attempt at breaching 1.2000 may be in the cards. I'll look for a good short entry only after 3:00 a.m. because the Euro may go up instead if in conjunction with a spoos jam.

Longer term, Buck is close to and up against a lot of resistance, though he's been hovering around it for a few days now. This could go either way, or just go nowhere for a while. Doc hasn't updated since 07/28. :(

post-20-1091427468_thumb.jpg

Dollar drifting down, with euro around 1.2075. I raised my sell stop (for entry) to 1.2056. What's amazing is Dollar is down and spoos are down 1) at same time, and 2) circa 3:00 a.m. No jam job tonight. Al better get his minions out of bed, on the double!

Judging by a chart the brown one posted over on IDS world, it looks like an oil slapdown is in the works. This would explain why the Bonar, the spoos, and gold are all going in the direction the Matrix does not like; they simply must try to do something about oil.

The Euro's up around 1.2080 - 1.2090. I'm still flat, with my sell stop now at 1.2070. With the action over the past few days in mind, this could drop to and retest 1.2000 pretty easily from here. If we get a 5:30 a.m. slapdown, that might do it. If not, tomorrow's another day to look for a trade.

A slapdown was initiated, not surprisingly, at 5:30 a.m. precisely. Gold dropped about $1.00 and the euro about 10 pips in about a minute. From there, it failed. Fortunately, I didn't get stopped in, with the low 2 pips above my entry point.

The euro is back up around 1.2085. I'm leaving my sell stop where it is at 1.2070, if it does move below this level, a bet on a move back toward 1.2000 is a good gamble. If entered, I have a stop loss at 1.2090 and limit at 1.2020.

Time for some sleep. Good night.

Archived