B4 The Bell Turdsday April 1,2004

Guest yobob1

WH -is correct on the spiral calendar date and on the Gann-having agreed with the Doc I cannot see any repeat ANY chance of it being other then a smackdown. So with tight stops and iron will we will find out once again if "truth and justice" will prevail if not it is hibernation time for BEARS maybe for a long time. I note today that Walter Chronkite a living fossil but one i admire for his candor said Iraq is a war we cannot win and one more dangerous for America than Vietnam. I agree with Walter (as someone who has been there and done that) the world has never been more dangerous and vulnerable than it it is now nor has it had more pathetic numbskulls running it than it has now. The markets are a function of how we think and interact as a Global community and never have they been more exposed-the end game won't be pretty!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WH -is correct on the spiral calendar date and on the Gann-having agreed with the Doc I cannot see any repeat ANY chance of it being other then  a smackdown.  So with tight stops and iron will we will find out once again if "truth and justice" will prevail if not it is hibernation time for BEARS maybe for a long time.  I note today that Walter Chronkite a living fossil but one i admire for his candor said Iraq is a war we cannot win and one more dangerous for America than Vietnam.  I agree with Walter (as someone who has been there and done that) the world has never been more dangerous and vulnerable than it it is now nor has it had more pathetic numbskulls running it than it has now.  The markets are a function of how we think and interact as a Global community and never have they been more exposed-the end game won't be pretty!

Web posted Thursday, April 1, 2004

Secrecy, Lies And Credibility

BY WALTER CRONKITE

King Features Syndicate

The initial refusal of President Bush to let his national-security adviser appear under oath before the 9/11 Commission might have been in keeping with a principle followed by other presidents -- the principle being, according to Bush, that calling his advisers to testify under oath is a congressional encroachment on the executive branch's turf. (Never mind that this commission is not a congressional body, but one he created and whose members he handpicked.) But standing on that principle has proved to be politically damaging, in part because this administration -- the most secretive since Richard Nixon's -- already suffers from a deepening credibility problem. It all brings to mind something I've wondered about for some time: Are secrecy and credibility natural enemies?

When you stop to think about it, you keep secrets from people when you don't want them to know the truth. Secrets, even when legitimate and necessary, as in genuine national-security cases, are what you might call passive lies.

Take the recent flap over Richard Foster, the Medicare official whose boss threatened to fire him if he revealed to Congress that the prescription-drug bill would be a lot more expensive than the administration claimed. The White House tried to pass it all off as the excessive and unauthorized action of Foster's supervisor (who shortly after the threatened firing left the government).

Maybe. But the point is that the administration had the newer, higher numbers, and Congress had been misled. This was a clear case of secrecy being used to protect a lie. I can't help but wonder how many other faulty estimates by this administration have actually been misinformation explained as error.

http://www.yankton.net/stories/040104/opE_20040401035.shtml

Plunger,

The House Ways and Means committee chm just opened the inquiry on that subject on C-Span1.

I saw the 24 Mar hearing where Mr. Foster alledged that he had been threatened with being fired if he released the data relevant to the new Medicare bill to the Minority Party (i.e., the Dems).

Rep Bill Thomas, R-California, however, is as non-partisan as you could ask for.

He has been on top of this issue since it started.

Damnation, when do those guys stop the dodging!

Sherlock

... the administration had the newer, higher numbers, and Congress had been misled. This was a clear case of secrecy being used to protect a lie. I can't help but wonder how many other faulty estimates by this administration have actually been misinformation explained as error.

The difference between the $400 billion 'spin' number and the $550 billion 'real' number' for Medicare prescription drug coverage was $150 billion.

That's larger than the Enron, Dynegy, and Worldcom frauds together ... which have sent dozens of people to prison.

Where is the investigation and prosecution of this immense fraud on Congress? If nothing happens, it would be reasonable to assume that Congress is just a rubber stamp body, like the former Supreme Soviet.

Plunger the guy is an American icon from the days when the truth was told-Good on ya Walter- Sheeples all the best to your relative may he live a long life. MH and Depends have have been there too and know the futility of it all -when oh fooking whenwill we wake up!

We are going to need a big man, an Edward R. Murrow, to stand up to this ugly, abusive, bullying, alcoholic adminsitration of ours, and do it soon, or we are going to be in very big trouble.

It would be best if he or she were a Republican Senator, or better yet, a respected cabinet member.

Or is that an oxymoron.

We are going to need a big man, an Edward R. Murrow, to stand up to this ugly, abusive, bullying, alcoholic adminsitration of ours, and do it soon, or we are going to be in very big trouble.

It would be best if he or she were a Republican Senator, or better yet, a respected cabinet member.

Or is that an oxymoron.

Well put. Some Republican should be thinking, how do I get to be the next GOP presidential canadate after Bush is gone?

Bush Aides Block Clinton's Papers From 9/11 Panel

By PHILIP SHENON and DAVID E. SANGER

Published: April 2, 2004

ASHINGTON, April 1 ? The commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks said on Thursday that it was pressing the White House to explain why the Bush administration had blocked thousands of pages of classified foreign policy and counterterrorism documents from former President Bill Clinton's White House files from being turned over to the panel's investigators.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/02/politics/02PANE.html?hp

Nutsduck's move is slick,... Rules were defined by human, but it is human makes violation. I guess it is still in wave 4. that means it could reverse around 2020-2030, rough number. 2 or 3 more sessions will have better picture..........Waves 1, 2 and 4 cannot overlap ..

reference: http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchan...les/EWRules.htm

post-3-1080852257.jpg

Not to be a spoiler Barbu but your count on the comp can't be correct. Wave four overlaps wave 1. Sorry bud, there are only five rules in Elliott and that is one of them. :)

TE,

Tanks,

In my post, I already stated that Waves 1, 2 and 4 cannot overlap........ and by purposely marked two lines to show the violation; We have discussed this "rule violation" before..(back to the old board).. together with some others topics, such as how to maintain the wave continutity when there is a failed wave...; those count is always in progressive way. thus why I said "2 or 3 more sessions will have better picture..........". I keep it flexible. sorry for the confussion.

Edit: this link got chopped, it is:

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchan...les/EWRules.htm

"Just prior to publishing, we received some info we believe indispensable in terms of suggesting where we are in the residential real estate cycle of the moment. You may remember that our home perch is the San Francisco Bay Area. In other words, the outer limits when it comes to unbelievable price activity in residential real estate. We can certainly attest to you that present conditions in the SF Bay Area are nothing short of a frenzy, and we're not being melodramatic in that characterization. From the office of the State of California that issues real estate licenses, here it comes. Real estate licenses issued by the State increased 44% during the 2002-2003 period (47,000 new licenses issued). Relative to the 2000-2001 period? Licenses issued are up 95%. That's right, a doubling in less than four years. Remember, this is not the number of total realtors, but rather the number of new licenses issued. If this isn't a testimony to feverish mania, then what is? As you may remember, we saw the same thing with CFA test applicants in the late 1990's about ten seconds prior to the equity peak. As always, everyone wants a ticket to the promised land. At least until it turns into a dust bowl, anyway."

must reading from the gang at ContraryInvestor

Archived