Doug Noland Returns

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe that IS the grand DREAM of full employment and full production-All the Boys in uniform serving in the swamps abroad-well all the daughters relive "Rosie the riveter" of WW2 fame staying at home working double shifts making Liberty Ships and Grenades. Full employment, booming GDP, soaring markets etc. Naw that wouldn't or couldn't happen-could it-??? Trade Safe!

Lawyers for Sabratek said Keyser disappeared last August before they could serve him with a lawsuit charging that he disparaged Sabratek on the Internet bulletin boards as Pluvia, while holding a short position that would make him money if Sabratek's stock price fell.

I still like what Michael Lewis says, if you do what the Wall Street Brokerage houses do EVERYDAY as an individual (on message boards, email), you're guilty of securities fraud. If you accept the premise for individuals, why are the brokers still around?

Lance Lewis continuing to pound the table about the Shanghai stock market making new lows, about to break to a 5-year low any day now.

Yet, that doesn't seem to bother these China investors:

SHANGHAI, (AFP) - China Yangtze Power, which is raising nearly 10 billion yuan (1.2 billion dollars) in China's biggest IPO this year, has received 84 times more orders from institutional investors than shares available.

The country's fourth largest share sale ever is proving hugely popular with the retail tranche of shares on offer Thursday 68.7 times oversubscribed.

The listing arm of China's massive and controversial Three Gorges Dam Project said the institutional portion, which accounts for 45 percent of the 2.326 billion domestic currency A shares on offer, has drawn over 1,300 investors, the Shanghai Securities News said.

It has tied up 238 billion yuan of funds in the financial system for the subscription, more than China Unicom's initial public offering last year.

China Unicom pulled in 201.8 billion yuan from 1,518 institutional investors

Yes, Brian WW II made the US into the power that it is today.

The only difference is that,then the US was producing materials and armaments for other countries who paid for it.

Now all the military production is at the expense of the US taxpayer and the profits destined for the bank accounts of the Matrix players and ruling plutocracy.So now,instead of plundering the rest of the world's wealth,it's come down to a simple intra-country transfer of wealth--Robin Hood in reverse.

Maybe that IS the grand DREAM of full employment and full production-All the Boys in uniform serving in the swamps abroad-well all the daughters relive "Rosie the riveter" of WW2 fame staying at home working double shifts making Liberty Ships and Grenades. Full employment, booming GDP, soaring markets etc. Naw that wouldn't or couldn't happen-could it-??? Trade Safe!

The hell it couldn't....put the reserves out in the middle of BF Egypt and fill their jobs with Temp workers - new policy counts temps as fully employed....."...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world."

KACHINGO BABY!!!

WHOA!!!! CHECK ME OUT!!

Did I call the top on the homebuilders or what???

MO-MO MONKEY EXITS AT THE TOP!!!

No worries, they'll bounce back. Just profit taking for now.

In the meantime, I'm still up on FARO, AKAM, AEIS, KLIC

Awesome gains!!!

Had to bail on SOHU, tough call on that one.....

Can't win 'em all.

MO-MO MONKEY IS BUILDING HIS WARCHEST. EXPANDING CREDIT LINES.

I'll be BUYING WITH BOTH FISTS in 3 days after this brief pullback.

CHECK OUT THOSE BULLITIN BOARD STOCKS!!!

Some like GOAM are SMOKING!!!

UNREAL GAINS TO BE HAD!!

Check out FHRX, IMOS!!! New winners to be found every day!!!

MY NET WORTH HAS SKYROCKETED THIS MONTH!!

I'LL BE PYRAMIDING MY FORTUNE SOON!!!

Waxie will be JEALOUS when he sees me in my new YACHT!!!

Kudlow is a genius!!! scottcardiff, you are CORRECT!! He deserves the NOBEL PRIZE for economics!!!

I'll sign him up!!!

MO-MO MONKEY WILL WIN THE NOBEL PRIZE FOR STOCK MARKET TRADING!!!

WATCH OUT, EVERYONE!!!

Coming soon on NY Times Best Seller List:

MO-MO MONKEY: STOCK MARKET EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!

I'm coming up with a NEW INVENTION!!!

RUSSELL 2000 HEATMAP!!!

HOW ABOUT A OTC BULLETIN BOARD HEATMAP???

Bring it on, baby!!!

Leverage is KING in this NEW BULL MARKET!!!

Oh, I'm going to have to suffer thru a long weekend of NO STOCK MARKET ACTION. Guess I'll just stare at my E-Trade account and look at the ASTOUNDING GAINS obtained!!!

Gotta go!!! The Wife is calling me!!!!

http://news.com.com/2100-1023_3-202979.html

Steve Pluvia: sounds on the up and up, but who knows. Fellas, I passed these links along because I know a lot of you are in the stock, and I thought you might want to investigate it. I don't own it and have no opinion about it. I hope Brian is right and there is nothing to the story, but maybe this should remind us all to look a little more closely when investing large sums.

A top is very close to in in the Housing market. Why do I say this? I know a guy who is a lightning rod for Market tops. A Moroccan wheeler dealer, strictly small,small time. Major debtor. Declared bankruptcy twice. Attempted to open a dot com in February 2000. Bankrupted. Attempted to begin futures trading business shortly before the dread summer of 2002. Folded before even 'off the ground' due to capital exhaustion. Last month I get a call from him. He has flamed out of a two year relationship but is climbing into real estate, buying junk property and attempting to turn it over. This is a guy who has a fake green card, changed his name several times, etc. he has 'loser' printed in dark letters across his forehead. Now he is hot on buying and turning over property. The end in this sector must be near. best,buddha

I'm still holding partial position long in miners, commodity fund and CDN resources, bought a year and a half ago, deep in the black. Just can't shake the similarities between the way the NQ and the HUI are trading. Seems like everything is expensive now, from tech garbage to miners to commodities to bonds to real estate. I'm really itchy at being mostly back to cash and watching the miners rock n roll in the meantime. I figure that HUI will do much better than the NQ and ES on the way down, but I have a tough time picturing it going up s/t instead of down.

But, then, all of that liquidity created in the past couple of years won't just disappear, so it might flee to... I guess, bonds and, to a lesser extent, miners and commods.

Dunno- going back and forth on it. But I'm thinking that cash will be a great thing to own for the next few months.

...on the Big Cons they the SEC are always a day late and a dime short (I wonder WHY that is??) however little guyz like Ivan get an Anvil dropped right between their eyes by the SEC if found to be improper....

ha ha....b4, you are right of course. there's a big diff between small and GIANT corps; when it comes to SEC actions. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I got a garbled, angry, manic pm from Tonto aka Stryker which i think AG also referred to what happened or why I don't care about-what i don't understand is why the ANGER thing has been so prevalent lately-trading losses?? who knows. Still short Dec. Spoo's and long Gold and Oil and NG. Trade Safe!

Well, B4, the anger thing is being noted over on Crystal Ball by at least one poster.

Must be sumthin' in the air...or water.

If HAYWIRE THEORY is ever going to apply it's right in HERE, boyz 'n gurrrlzzz.

hmmmm....Igor went haywire, too.

http://news.com.com/2100-1023_3-202979.html

Steve Pluvia: sounds on the up and up, but who knows. Fellas, I passed these links along because I know a lot of you are in the stock, and I thought you might want to investigate it. I don't own it and have no opinion about it. I hope Brian is right and there is nothing to the story, but maybe this should remind us all to look a little more closely when investing large sums.

Butterfield8,

Thanks, but after looking at Pluvia, I'll take my chances....you are right however, that we should investigate what we buy. ...Speculative, you bet! - but that's my gamble......

Separately...

Snippet from Sinclair:

The synthetic economic recovery is built by a war driver, fiscal madness, monetary accommodation and expansion in consumer borrowing. This is a classic ?House of Cards? represented by credit cards of all varieties.

This is not the stuff that a strong dollar policy is made of and the currency market understands it. Every economic announcement of the past two months has been a construct of political electioneering, revised a month later. These announcements are packed with transitory factors to make them look good such as 25,000 grocery workers in California returning to work from a labor action that are now defined as new jobs. Our society is becoming as phony as a three dollar bill and the government and its minions are leading the charge.

GF - you mean Canadian cash; right?

Righto. CDN dollar fuk-u-toos rose by over 1% today. But I'm paid mostly in USD, which is kinda tragic that way. Should have hedged my salary by donging a contract or two last fall, in retrospect.

Even in USD, though, everything seems pretty pricey right now. I think that commods have a long way to go, but those charts resemble a lot of those Naz POS's. Tough to buy something at the top.

Archived