Green Friday and Leftover Turkey

Got back from Best Buy.? One of the smaller stores.

They had racked up promotional items in these islands along the aisles - deeply discounted stuff for the early bird shoppers.? Last year, this stuff was gone within the first hour.? I got there at 11 AM today, 6 hours past their store opening.? Lots of these promotional items were still available.?

It's an absolute disaster.

627307[/snapback]

Retail report, part 2.

My somewhat early morning (pre-market opening) trip to the electronics store and the big local hardware store chain (think Home Depot size, but with more stuff like toys and candy) did not impress me. Like me, the other shoppers were buying loss leaders only, not other stuff.

I went out again this afternoon. Managed to hit the lunchtime lull at CostCo, but there seemed to be plenty of big TVs stacked up. The one thing I saw a shortage of was the watch I wanted, on sale for 35 bucks instead of the usual 66. Fortunately I managed to dig through the empty boxes and miraculously there were a couple left at the bottom. I did not see big-ticket items in people's carts. They only had 3 checkout lines open, and there were only 2 people ahead of me. The woman ahead of me had two loaves of bread and one of their prepackaged party trays.

I was burned enough about the electronics store that had sold out of their advertised special on the TV that I wanted, that I stopped back there. Maybe 5 other customers in the store. I asked a salesperson how many of those TVs they had had in stock -- he hesitated, then said, "I think about 5." I figure that means 3. So I looked at their TVs, determined that all their sale prices were $50 more than CostCo's regular price, and left.

There seemed to be lots of cars in Best Buy's lot when I drove by, but I didn't see anybody wheeling out big TVs on dollies. People seemed to have a regular sized shopping bag. I figure it was the 5 buck DVDs they were buying, stuff like that.

Then I went to Target. It was fairly busy, about like a normal Saturday afternoon.

I'm not impressed.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

ok, here goes, but first, credit to Mr. George Ure of http://www.urbansurvival.com, to da General, to Doc, to N1N, (for the Weimar Run theorem), and to all the bears that have been slapped so hard for such a long time....

1. Next week is Major Critical for the INDU. (your jickiss likes to use the INDU as a reference point, as Doc said that it ought to be the last toothpick to crack, or whatever). Ure notes 13,050 as the key number that would defeat, for the time being, the tendency of the INDU lately to track either the 1929 chart pattern, or the 1987 chart pattern. You can review the details at his web site if you so elect.

2. The ECB says they will put in liquidity......to your jickiss, at Wharton this meant that the ECB will buy bonds......the interbank market in the covered Euro bonds has stopped trading, according to various reports.....to your jickiss, it sounds like the ECB will do some serious buying through the end of 2007. do they have a choice???

3. The us Fed will also inject liquidity for real, as they can say that they are following the ECB, if they need a "cover" reason. Of course, they can do whatever they want, but maybe this is a Sign that the Eurozone is now being granted more latitude in initiating policy.

4. If, remember who can say for sure, but if the liquidity starts to Flow in, then the inflow should become clear in the following names: GS, IBM, MSFT, CSCO, AAPL and GOOG. your jickiss imagines that the Treasury Stabilization Fund will Weimar these items. why? easy, if they bull a few, the many will follow, as the Sign will become a Wonder to the world. Follow that star into the end of 2007 up and up via a free ride deal funded internally by the princes of printing.

5. the performance of Gold today was very impressive, and your jickiss says that if the liquidity gets seriously injected, then the metal heads to the 850-900 zone. Expect to see very favourable price action in: GG, NEM, AAUK, AUY, ABX, TRE, CDE and others, but these look to be the easy and safer plays. GG is supposed to have -0- deriviatives. NEM bot back its book from the crims that wrote it, for 2 Billion, so NEM is OK. AAUK is supposed to be strong, unlike GFI and AU, which have deriviative book issues. ABX is da boyz vehicle to do magic things, so you are not to worry about their derivative book until the Metal prints $1,000. TRE is making a giant saucer bottom of great duration, and it will soon enough print over $10, then $11 will be easy, and that price will make your jickiss correct on all the $11 price targets written on all of those annoying TRE jickiss charts, for the Mills of the Gods do grind slowly.

CDE is the best, for the last time, Please take a very good close look....$4.50 and then above $5.50 and Ten will be easy, as Silver, the metal not the Horse, advances to $23.

And why not this year for $23 Silver? Once the liquidity gets injected for real, prices will change.

finally, finally, and finally, will the Gold at $1,000 level really be the Final Top indicator for the INDU, with DXD at $38 and Goldman Sachs at $280-$300, and IBM forced up to the $150 zone?

these times are deeply troubling, for so little is now grounded in REALITY that all bets seem to be subject to being pulled off the table in a Flash.

well?

regards to one and all

Hold Fast!

acres of diamonds are ahead

for in the end

Only the Gold and Silver and Miners and Miners Related Longs

and the Broads Bears

can

win big

the only question to your jickiss is the duration of the final Liquidity Trick, if such Trick is in fact play-able.

Black Friday report from Campbell, CA. I live next to a Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, and Fry's Electronics. Went over to that area at 2:00pm

All parking lots full. Lots of foot traffic. Lots of people leaving stores with bags. Saw some people walking between stores to buy stuff.

I only went in to Fry's because it is geek heaven and it was very busy inside. The checkout line was long and perhaps had 100 people in it, and another 30 people at the registers buying stuff. Lots of TVs and other items in shopping carts. Fry's is not running a huge number of daily specials today.

There is also a big shopping mall close by but I am not setting foot in that area... too much traffic.

Shopping enthusiasm has not abated around here.

Black Friday report from Campbell, CA. I live next to a Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, and  Fry's Electronics. Went over to that area at 2:00pm

All parking lots full. Lots of foot traffic. Lots of people leaving stores with bags. Saw some people walking between stores to buy stuff.

I only went in to Fry's because it is geek heaven and it was very busy inside. The checkout line was long and perhaps had 100 people in it, and another 30 people at the registers buying stuff. Lots of TVs and other items in shopping carts. Fry's is not running a huge number of daily specials today.

There is also a big shopping mall close by but  I am not setting foot in that area... too much traffic.

Shopping enthusiasm has not abated around here.

627315[/snapback]

Wow. I guess people still have their re-fi money. Or good-paying jobs.

Or maybe they're buying stuff before they declare bankruptcy, so they can keep it in the in-laws' garage, and sell it to raise cash after the bankruptcy. :blink: That's a strategy I've heard advocated for the soon-to-be bankrupt. Nice, huh?

Don't judge anything on the day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday is the meanest sheeple ass-pounding addiction-frenzied day in the world. You can't quant buyer sentiment on this day, like you can't accurately count all the alcoholics on July 4th. The data point is so many standard deviations beyond the mean, anyone with an agenda on either side can make a case for their point of view.

That said ...

I couldn't find a wheelbarrow at Home Depot today.

But I did see a lot of Ron Paul bumper stickers.

Don't judge anything on the day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday is the meanest sheeple ass-pounding addiction-frenzied day in the world. You can't quant buyer sentiment on this day, like you can't accurately count all the alcoholics on July 4th. The data point is so many standard deviations beyond the mean, anyone with an agenda on either side can make a case for their point of view.

That said ...

627318[/snapback]

Why did you need a wheelbarrow? Planning to move your precious metal stash out of the backyard?

I'll lend you my wheelbarrow. You're welcome to bury it in my yard. I won't tell anyone else where it is. :rolleyes:

That said ...

627318[/snapback]

Why did you need a wheelbarrow? Planning to move your precious metal stash out of the backyard?

I'll lend you my wheelbarrow. You're welcome to bury it in my yard. I won't tell anyone else where it is. :rolleyes:

627319[/snapback]

My Boyz are wondering why you think my backyard isn't safe enough ...

post-2304-1195863321.jpg

That said ...

627318[/snapback]

627319[/snapback]

My Boyz are wondering why you think my backyard isn't safe enough ...

627320[/snapback]

No particular reason....

post-837-1195863582.jpg

looks like the UK will be in recession soon too :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7108970.stm

Slump in bank mortgage lending

The British Bankers Association (BBA) said that in October its members lent 44,105 mortgages for house purchase. That was 19% fewer than in September, and 37% down on October 2006 when more than 70,000 mortgages were lent.

Last month also saw a big fall in approvals for remortgaging - where people sit still but change their mortgage deals - and for equity withdrawal, where homeowners borrow more against the increased value of their homes.

I'm getting awful tired of people crying about 2% dips in prices of houses that are up more than 100%, sheesh!

Housing price drops, driven by soaring foreclosure rates, accelerated during the three months ended September 30, according to the latest data from the National Association of Realtors

The median single-family house price in the United States fell to $220,800, which was down 2 percent from a year ago.

WOW! TWO PERCENT! WHAT A TRAGEDY! BETTER CUT RATES AGAIN! <_<

Condo prices rose 2 percent compared with 12 months ago.

INFLATION!

Regionally, the best performing area was the Northeast, where the median home price rose 3.2 percent to $286,300.

INFLATION!

In the Midwest, the median price, at $170,800, was up 0.5 percent.

INFLATION!

JUST BECAUSE SOCAL AND FLORIDUH AND ARIZONA HAD A BUBBLE, WE GOTTA PANIC AND BAIL EVERYBODY OUT???

I think IBM had a helluva run to 120 as predicted by our jickiss many months back, butt any more upside now is wishful thinking.

This chart shows one seriously busted POS.

And I still predict that accounting fraud will be exposed at Big Blew.

Oh yes.

So I look forward to shorting this over-rated pig on any pitiful sucker attempt it makes to drag its sorry wasted aSS substantially back over the 200-day MA. :)

post-2457-1195868688.png

Archived