Actually, the job market pretty much sucks-still- for most relatively

older &/or educated job-seekers; bubble-related lenders may be an obvi-

ous exception. Low/mid level service jobs are available, so if you're

25 or under, no dependants, living w/parents or roommates, don't

have or don't care about using(yet, at least) a college degree-the

world is yer oyster and you can take your pick of Red Slobster,

Crapplebees, Sheezecake Factory, Pearle Vision, Kohell's, Safeway,

Linen'n Thang-if lucky, might hit Borders/Barnes, Home Crapo when

they need someone; can likely avoid Slave-Mart, McFatty's for now.

Or, you can be a truck driver(clean driving record/drug test first-

maybe biggest-hurdle), which sometimes sounds romantic, but

can actually be a real bear at times(and makin' more than about $45K just

plain demands it be a constant bear), which is why relatively few went into

it for last 20+ years, which is why there's a certain demand for them now.

Worst labor market in a business upcycle in a good 70 years. Still.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, the job market pretty much sucks-still- for most relatively

older &/or educated job-seekers; bubble-related lenders may be an obvi-

ous exception. Low/mid level service jobs are available, so if you're

25 or under, no dependants, living w/parents or roommates, don't

have or don't care about using(yet, at least) a college degree-the

world is yer oyster and you can take your pick of Red Slobster,

Crapplebees, Sheezecake Factory, Pearle Vision, Kohell's, Safeway,

Linen'n Thang-if lucky, might hit Borders/Barnes, Home Crapo when

they need someone; can likely avoid Slave-Mart, McFatty's for now.

Or, you can be a truck driver(clean driving record/drug test first-

maybe biggest-hurdle), which sometimes sounds romantic, but

can actually be a real bear at times(and makin' more than about $45K just

plain demands it be a constant bear), which is why relatively few went into

it for last 20+ years, which is why there's a certain demand for them now.

Worst labor market in a business upcycle in a good 70 years. Still.

You've just got to adapt and go with the new trends.

I'm amazed at how much money I'm making in my new Scrapbooking Shop / Health Massage Center. Scrapbooks are selling like hotcakes since I offered new customers a free Health Session with one of the girls for each Scrapbook purchased. And repeat customers who have health insurance are very happy when they learn that their insurance fully pays for their Health Sessions.

The business really took off after I got some software that allows me to bill the insurance companies directly. Once I get a customer registered into the database I can automatically bill every week whether he shows up for an appointment or not. ;) So I keep all the girls fully booked every hour all day and night whether they are actually providing Health Services that hour or not. I love the insurance industry!

I offer customers that pay cash a 10% discount, and I just don't report it as income. But I double-book that Session and bill the insurance company anyway.

This is a great business, and best of all as owner I get to enjoy as many Health Sessions as I want for free! Although of course I bill my insurance company for those hours too! :P

SOX in strong uptrend

depends on the timeframe....

now testing top of ST upchannel / "bear flag", 61.8% fibo, with 4 year downtrend line just above. if it can break that confluence of resistance, then sure it could be in strong uptrend, but untill then........ :lol:

Gee Mike, does that mean I get to ignore these 25% or so moves for the sake of maybe being right by applying the correct timeframe :huh:

Since I was totally screwed by selling the decent long positions, on a prayer I'd get an opportunity to reload, I've set up a "line in the sand" right here. If the S&P can break above 1240 or so I'm all in, period.

I suspect there are a few other folks like myself watching this level with a great deal of interest. Won't have long to wait.

SOX in strong uptrend

now testing top of ST upchannel / "bear flag", 61.8% fibo, with 4 year downtrend line just above. if it can break that confluence of resistance, then sure it could be in strong uptrend, but untill then........ :lol:

Gee Mike, does that mean I get to ignore these 25% or so moves for the sake of maybe being right by applying the correct timeframe :huh:

Since I was totally screwed by selling the decent long positions, on a prayer I'd get an opportunity to reload, I've set up a "line in the sand" right here. If the S&P can break above 1240 or so I'm all in, period.

I suspect there are a few other folks like myself watching this level with a great deal of interest. Won't have long to wait.

Actually the fib level to watch is 1253.

The guy that used to work for me and got laid off last Fri. called me 5 minutes ago.

He just landed another job with a 30% pay increase over what he was making in our shop.

Took him less than 48 hours to find new employment.

Thank god, the job market is very strong.

This is exactly what happened in silicon valley during thr 1999-2000 tech craze. It was so easy to change jobs (or get another job if you got fired) that nobody worried about being unemployed. We even told ourselves and our friends how we never worried about being unemployed, or searching for a job because we were in demand.

Then the mass layoffs began, the free money ride ended at the venture capital firms, and people realized they might be screwed. There was shock when resumes went unanswered and job interviews did not result in automatic, on the spot offers + a hiring bonus.

That's coming to SoCal real estate monkeys. Actually, I was just thinking.. how hard would it be to outsource Countrywide to India?

What happened to Tim Wood?

Guess he got booted off FSO...........

If you check the listing for the July 9th show, you'll see that he is missing from that week. Like this week. But then, he re-appeared on July 16th.

Probably had to take the week off from all the strain of moving in and out of his bunker....

If you check the listing for the July 9th show, you'll see that he is missing from that week. Like this week. But then, he re-appeared on July 16th.

Probably had to take the week off from all the strain of moving in and out of his bunker....

I think he is still recovering from the cane that went through his new seashore digs.

Hurricane.

SOX in strong uptrend

Actually the fib level to watch is 1253.

re: SPX correct, fibo is @ 1253/4.

GTN always makes me laugh. he missed out on his target of 1175 on 7/7/05, and now he wants to go "all in" at his previously stated shorting target of 1240. :lol: :lol:

re: SOX, it's now testing the 61.8% fibo @ 480 (from the 2004 bear wave). it took 10months to break its 50% fibo, so i dont think it can break above 480 without a retest of 450.

Archived