Hot Potato Melee

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fed Does A Permanent, Big Deal Or Not?

? ? ?

The Fed did something it hasn't done this year, added permanent liquidity via a TIIS pass. They also did a highly unusual 11 day repo. But the net change on the day ended up in the negative column.

Get instant access to real time insights! Only in the WSE Professional!

Well is it a big deal or not?? :lol:

Well, they are overall negative, overall withdrawing liquidity. I think they want to save the bonds, so they let the stock market flounder-- although they will attempt to keep it from totally crashing-- so that people willl flee to the "quality" of bonds, thus saving bonds, U. S. debt. You notice people who have been short government bonds recently are needing a lot of vaseline. This after Greenie told them that anyone who is not prepared for higher interest rates "must be desirous of losing money." Always believe Greenie.

[edit]

which begs the question, who is really in control of market forces ?

the market or the fed'?

Gasoline's horrific 11% rise this week reminds us that Oil Shock III is only getting started. When does the panic buying start? Got a full tank?

fellow Americans,

we spent $300 Billion on Iraq

that's a thousand bucks for each member of your family

did you at least get a free T-shirt out of the deal?

one per person maybe?

"No, but that's OK, we got cheap gasoline...... hey, wait a minute....."

Shorty

I would love to see your observation on every front page of every newspaper in the western world.

It costs 25.00 a month to support a foster child who worries more about the next meal then we do about our very last. 1000.00 bucks buys over three years of support, food, lodging and education for those not lucky enough to be given the gift of the American way of life. How can we as a civilization get it so wrong? Life gets no respect IMHO. Seen both sides and looking on helplessly as the next leased SUV takes precedence over what really counts.

About done now.

Hope the bears put the winnings where they are needed the most.

You guys are the Best.

Just read Russell-[Yosel]-the internals stunk today:

Transports were down 72.97 to 3440.05.

Utilities were up 1.41 to 366.35.

There were 1087 advances and 2166 declines. Down volume was 79.7% of up + down volume -- a legitimate down-day.

There were 24 new highs and 113 new lows. My 5-day high-low differentials improved from yesterday's minus 475 to today's minus 396.

At work the other day getting on the elevator....and we have TV's tuned to Crapvision in the area where the elevators are. Greenspew was on the box...the coversation goes like this,

Guy: "Oh, what's he saying, what's he saying...."

Me: "Probably nothing that makes much sense, just trying to juice the markets"

Guy: "Yeah he can really make things heppen, eh?"

Me: "Whatever. The guy will be gone soon anyway"

Guy: "Yeah, I know. That's gonna be bad for the market and the economy, he really knows what he's doing"

Guy gets off elevators and I roll my eyes to the ceiling.

You gotta read the article.

As for Bullstool, this is the first time any problem was brought to my attention, amazingly enough. Anyway, when I moved to the new server, I forgot to change the name server entry on the registrar. That's been taken care of, and Bullstool should be accessible again shortly.

Fed Does A Permanent, Big Deal Or Not?

? ? ?

The Fed did something it hasn't done this year, added permanent liquidity via a TIIS pass. They also did a highly unusual 11 day repo. But the net change on the day ended up in the negative column.

Get instant access to real time insights! Only in the WSE Professional!

Well is it a big deal or not?? :lol:

Well, they are overall negative, overall withdrawing liquidity. I think they want to save the bonds, so they let the stock market flounder-- although they will attempt to keep it from totally crashing-- so that people willl flee to the "quality" of bonds, thus saving bonds, U. S. debt. You notice people who have been short government bonds recently are needing a lot of vaseline. This after Greenie told them that anyone who is not prepared for higher interest rates "must be desirous of losing money." Always believe Greenie.

[edit]

which begs the question, who is really in control of market forces ?

the market or the fed'?

What market?

Well, the Fed is in control until it loses control. Then it's a free for all. I think they lost control in 2000 to 2002. They did not want it to go down that far, that so many sheeple left the stock market for the real estate market. Then they realized that they could control the market-- at least for a time-- by dropping money out of helicopters, which they did. But while they were busy in the S&P pits, the bond market looked to be in trouble, so now they are stopping to some degree their propping up of the stock market, hoping that people will flee to the now more-attractive-looking bonds. Just my opinion. I have no inside info.

Can I get an A-men on this!? Thank ya Gilgamesh!

The end is nigh, brother, the end is nigh!

A vast pusbag of vulgarity and pretention is about to burst on Wall St.

Fu Manchu is about to pull the lever to the trap door!

Happy tobogganing! Grease the skids!

Warbucks signals to the trusty Punjab to cut the cords of the rope bridge!

Gasoline's horrific 11% rise this week reminds us that Oil Shock III is only getting started. When does the panic buying start? Got a full tank?

fellow Americans,

we spent $300 Billion on Iraq

that's a thousand bucks for each member of your family

did you at least get a free T-shirt out of the deal?

one per person maybe?

"No, but that's OK, we got cheap gasoline...... hey, wait a minute....."

Shorty

I would love to see your observation on every front page of every newspaper in the western world.

It costs 25.00 a month to support a foster child who worries more about the next meal then we do about our very last. 1000.00 bucks buys over three years of support, food, lodging and education for those not lucky enough to be given the gift of the American way of life. How can we as a civilization get it so wrong? Life gets no respect IMHO. Seen both sides and looking on helplessly as the next leased SUV takes precedence over what really counts.

About done now.

Hope the bears put the winnings where they are needed the most.

You guys are the Best.

shorty,

i must commend you for such a short sweet "in ya face" post.

its so so true. well done dude!

I was listening to Doug Kass this AM who was of the opinion that this is a tradable bottom. He seems to be a smart guy, and I wish I had the balls to go long here for a trade.

In the interest of capital preservation and a good night's sleep I believe I'm gonna just hold my QQQQ's and continue to eye 1065 with interest.

I'm starting to come round to the idea that, perhaps, the bear may be back.

That should make you bears really, really nervous :o

Archived