In Honor of Doc's Dad

I'd be worried about Mo-mo Monkey if he was de emotional type :P

Talking of emotional types: bears shouldn't be going short 200% on margin ;) just yet LOL. No need to start going on about "Wave 3s", "Down Hards" nor 'Crashes' based on today's close...

Weekly close 17-Oct-03

------------------------------

DOW + 47pts

SPX + 1pt

COMPX - 3pts

NDX - 10pts

Seeing as Naz-100 seems to be leading de pack, below is a chart showing Fibonacci retracement levels to pay attention to. Keep a copy of the chart to hand and use the projections as likely prices to take profits at on any sudden spikes (either up or down).

Success!

gruff

post-7-1066433277_thumb.jpg

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see???Mo Mo capitulates, so we Bears then think we're winning??.

Then we go short, only to get squeezed again???and Mo Mo wins again..

No, that's too easy. Mo Mo knows that we won't go short. He knows that we'll see his capitulation as a sign of short term bottom, not top. He's setting a trap, getting us to cover any open shorts now??

Wait, he knows that we know that his capitulation is meant to signal a short term bottom??.so really we add more shorts?

But we know that he knows that we know his capitulation signals a short term bottom??..so we cover old shorts, add new ones, buy put vertical spreads?

Uh, where I am now? :blink: :unsure: :ph34r:

Hey, BARE, you've got this market wired....help me out!

over the past couple weeks, i haven't had a connection during the day, so i've been in this mode where i read the entire IDS and M2M at once, in the evenings.

it's kinda different, compared to keeping up with it as it happens...

today's IDS was great. in a way, more exciting than the slower 'real time'. every page had a new lower gruff-o-meter....thanks again gruff! don't recall seeing a GOM reading that low before...

and bearman, as always, laid down a steady faithful beat to assauge bear hearts. don't know if he's really been short over the months, or has been making money on longs; but either way, his posts always give me a good smile and laugh.

there was some talk today about the matrix always gaming opex days down, but as i recall, i lost a few bucks on puts at last month's op-ex....i.e. it was way UP that friday...most of that week actually. as i recall, it hit a low on tuesday...then climbed steadily into friday close.

as of today, i'm holding F, SUNW and MU nov. puts, and KGC and AEM nov. calls. hopin for a nice spike down, and PM's up in the next 4 wks...

when the smart guys here point out that the matrix can keep it up endlessly, I have to agree in one sense, as the evidence is before our eyes....but on the other hand, things are getting quite chaotic....and control of the dollar is sort of "out of their hands" in some ways. I'll agree that they can keep it spinning for another month or two...but all the way til the 2004 election? That just seems impossible to me. Too much going awry....too far towards the toilet already in every fundamental way.

DEWEY BEATS TRUMAN!

THE CURSE OF THE BAMBINO IS OVER!

This was actually published in the early edition of the of today's New York Post on the Editorial Page. I heard about it this morning and picked up three papers before it sold out! :lol: You won't find it on the web as it was pulled this afternoon.

A Curse of Their Own?

Looks like the Curse of the Bambino boomeranged this year.

Despite holding a 3-2 lead in games over the Boston Red Sox, the Yankees couldn?t get the job done at home; their season ended last night in the seventh game of the American League Championship Series.

Or maybe the Yanks have acquired a curse of their-own. After all, the Bombers haven?t won the seventh game of a championship series since the 1962 World Series.

And it?s not as if the Yanks didn?t have a genuine chance. After taking two of three in Beantown, they only needed to win one of the final two games in The Bronx.

In the end, though, the hitting fell short and the bullpen simply didn?t deliver. It?s a crying shame that Roger Clemens? career had to end on a losing note.

Still, all in all, it was a pretty exciting series, if not particularly elegant. In fact, at times it got downright ugly on the field ? in more ways than one.

But give credit where it?s due, the Sox provided the heroics where they were needed.

Now come the real test of the Babe Ruth curse ? whether the Sox can win their first World Series since 1918.

To do that, they?ll have to fillet the Florida Marlins ? who broke the heart of every man, woman and child in the city of Chicago with their come-from-behind elimination of the hapless Cubs. It?s difficult not to feel a pang for Cubs fans ? 58 years without a pennant, 95 years without a world title. And there they were, just five outs away from a seat in the Series dugout, when it fell apart. But you can?t blame this one on a hex. The Marlins came up with something extra, as they have all season. Which means the Fall Classic should be one helluva series ? even without the Yanks.

Wait?ll next year!

This is a true story,

Rupert Murdock, the owner of the NY Post was at this party some years ago. The head of Bloomingdales at the time, a guy named Taubman (I can't remember his first name) was also there. Murdock went up to Taubman and asked him, "Why don't you advertise in our newspaper?" To which Taubman replied, "Because your readers are our shoplifters."

Check Me Out!!

Today, I ADDED to some new winners!!!

Margin capacity went up BIG this week, so I made sure I put in some new adds!!!

Check out the weekly winners!!

Love these stocks:

MKTG +244%

CORI +61%

BRKT +55%

LGN +54%

ASPT +48%

ABFI +42%

CYD +38%

IFLO +38%

CLST +37%

CDV +37%

I added new longs on the top 3!!!

UNREAL MOVES!!! THIS MARKET IS UNBELIEVABLY STRONG!!! UNREAL GAINS IN JUST ONE WEEK!!!

Can't wait until Monday!!! Weekends are such a drag!!!

I want to see my account SKYROCKET!!!

So hard to wait out 2 days of dead time!!!

Anyone watch the tape today??

BEARS WERE SO WEAK!!! THEY COULDN'T EVEN SMASH IT DOWN!! BUYERS CAME OUT OF NOWHERE ALL DAY GRABBING THE DIP!

And by the way, my condolences to Mr. Doc Stool. Your dad sounds like a great guy!! He liked to think positive, like me!!

I'm LOCKED and LOADED for this HUGE BULL MARKET!!!

Was playing golf late today, so I missed Kudlow and Cramer. Anyone else catch it? Please fill me in. Did Kudlow raise his 12,000 target?

Hope so!!

Wait until Mr. Greenspan starts priming the Mo-Mo Monkey Money Pump next week!!

Guess that Monday is an anniversary of a crash??? Mr. Alan will guarantee that the market moves UP, BIG TIME!!!

He's the master of confidence!! Just look how everyone is living it up and spending money!!! Support our economy!!! What a drastic turn in happiness since the Iraq War jitters!!!

Love it when Bernanke jumps up on the stoop and gives the market a pep talk!!!

That says another BIG DOSE OF LIQUIDITY is right around the corner!!!

YO, BABY!!!!

BRING ON THE DOLLAR BILLS!!

MORE MONEY FOR THE MO-MO MONKEY!!!

Rock On!!!!! Can't wait until Monday!!!!

yeah, and she probably found those EARS of yours pretty TITillating, too!  :lol:  :lol:

Yea, but just imagine what I can do now that I have that tongue you gave me through the transmographer yesterday!

And those BIG paws! I'm call Mousey Long Dong Dung now!

Archived