Steve McQueen "Bullitt" U-Turn

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boner? I thought it was flaccid? :P

Let's face reality, the shorts just won't stop shorting, therefore the market won't stop going higher.

Where is old Arch Crawford these days? I thought the cow was jumping over the moon and the market was gonna crash.

Machinehead is a damn frickin' genious. Palladium up $16 today. Didn't help the miners much though.

perhaps you guys can profit from this so I will throw it out. THis may change by tommorrow, but I tell you I am just tired of fighting the matrix, the fed, the govt the wall street shills. It does not matter what is, as perception is all that counts. 99% of the population wants the stock mkt to go up. WHom am I to say that they are wrong?

My apologies for the password snafu. I am installing a new payment service for those of you who do not wish to use Paypal. In the process the Paypal access file was overwritten. It has now been restored.

The new payment service will be delayed until we can write the code necessary to make both payment options compatible. In the meantime you can continue to subscribe via Paypal, or by mail. .

Many tanks for your support.

Lots of Bulls = Bullish. Lots of Bears = Bullish. Insider Selling = Bullish. Insider Buying = Bullish. High p/c ratio = Bullish. Low p/c ratio = Bullish.

Doesn't really leave a lot of room for discussion though, does it?

This market has bonered it's way up in a near linear fashion with only the occassional slipped gear short sharp pull-back. Maybe this ends at the waterfall.

Only wish I could hear something or see the RAPIDS AHEAD sign.

Insider Buying is bearish.

I have fully detached place and everything?s goes up the hill without any efforts.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

post-7-1063747508.gif

Let's face reality, the shorts just won't stop shorting, therefore the market won't stop going higher.

Yeah, I saw the absurd put/call ratios on the SOX and the XLF, and knew we were in trouble.

Who was it that saw some HedgeHog on Bulls and Bears who said they lost a fortune trying to short the semi's??

No wonder.

The answer to this madness is very simple.

As Noland reported, the financial markets have become superaccomodative to speculation, due to free keno chips at low interest.

Remember he said that loans from Wall Street to finance speculation was at a near record.

Guess where those loans went??

Most likely, the most leveraged players are the HedgeHogs who are shorting tech stocks, shorting the dollar, and long gold and silver.

Is it any wonder that these tech stocks keep going higher, the dollar refuses to crack, and gold and silver can't get out of its own way?

The danger of leveraged speculation is being forced out of losing positions at the worst possible moment.

No doubt, the HedgeHogs are having to cover Semi shorts at the top, which sends them even higher, which brings in the momo-players, etc.

The only way this market will crash is if every short-only fund goes broke.

The only way that will happen is if we get a parabolic blowoff.

Which is exactly what is happening.

"The Federal Open Market Committee decided today to keep its target for the federal funds rate at 1 percent.

The Committee continues to believe that an accommodative stance of monetary policy, coupled with robust underlying growth in productivity, is providing important ongoing support to economic activity. The evidence accumulated over the intermeeting period confirms that spending is firming, although the labor market has been weakening. Business pricing power and increases in core consumer prices remain muted.

The Committee perceives that the upside and downside risks to the attainment of sustainable growth for the next few quarters are roughly equal. In contrast, the probability, though minor, of an unwelcome fall in inflation exceeds that of a rise in inflation from its already low level. The Committee judges that, on balance, the risk of inflation becoming undesirably low remains the predominant concern for the foreseeable future. In these circumstances, the Committee believes that policy accommodation can be maintained for a considerable period. "

I stand corrected. I declared the last FOMC statement back in July to be the most retarded sequence of English-language words ever strung together in sentences and paragraphs. I was wrong, today's takes the cake. But I must admit the Fed is playing the markets like a drum with this "there's no inflation (while inflation rages)" bit.

They are saying stocks are just recovering and could go lot high and saying to the Dumb Bond guys that u don?t need high return because deflation just around the corner.

Doesn?t it looks like Fed is trying to arrange another round of refinancing, save the government money in interest payment, Economy, Stock market and expect Bonds guys to pay for the whole shooting game?

Default will be left for the deserts.

Agreed Wndy. I have been looking for a blowoff as well. I'm not sure if today was all of it but, I decided not to keep most of my position overnight just in case an airpocket is hit tomorrow or this baby dive bombs. I may also just plain go back in with some or all of what I booked. We shall see.

Archived