IDS World Markets Tues 22nd January 08

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cramer says we can have a 2000 drop in the DOW in the next few days if the government doesn't buy out Ambac, MBIA, etc and provide a .50 on the dollar guarantee for the bond market.

639051[/snapback]

If such a buyout were in the works there would be rumors already.

Going out of business is not a crime. If the business isn't viable it should close its doors and sell off assets to pay creditors. Leave the feds out of it.

Cramer says we can have a 2000 drop in the DOW in the next few days if the government doesn't buy out Ambac, MBIA, etc and provide a .50 on the dollar guarantee for the bond market.

639051[/snapback]

PPT is on their 2nd cup of Joe...

?I?ve made this statement when the markets looked very good, and I?ve made it during times of volatility, but I will say that on global financial shocks, it?s very hard to predict them. I am comforted by the fact that we have a strong global economy and very healthy economy in the US, but it?s my job to be vigilant," Paulson said.

BTW, covering remaining shorts and initiating small positions long TOPIX and short Govt. Bond today.

I'm very disappointed with the limited chinese correction. -7% isn't that much compared with what happened around the world and taking in consideration china's volatility parameters .

w?s=000001.SS

Not the kick-off of a major correction like we see in parabolic bubble markets.

Then again chinese bureaucrats might have a hand in this.

rats, I covered my shorts too early, except for a few leftover March naked calls on AAPL, RIMM, GG that are only worth a few pennies

and I held all my dongs

crap

639048[/snapback]

I know exactly how you feel shorty. Been gearing up for this move for months and completely missed it.

Closed out my shorts Thurs. Got slightly burnt like you expecting a fri greenprint. My Gold stop (at $848) was hit and my EURGBP was also hit (breakeven stop). So instead of cleaning up in Jan. I made nothing.

So feeling well pi$$ed off.

Right now I am just watching. I am travelling home tomorrow so not that comfortable about putting on positions. Far too risky to short here. I still like gold though. They took it down just far enough to trigger my stop. Bastards.

All Ords (daily)

it was a religious follower of the EMA 200. Not anymore :lol:

daily RSI right now at 9.99 :lol: i mean what is this? An invitation for da bulls? "Look, we made it extra cheap, not 10, no, 9.99!" :lol:

Cant remember having seen a daily RSI of an major index closing at below 10.

Dont say you havent been warned :lol:

post-510-1200998338_thumb.jpg

I'm very disappointed with the limited chinese correction. -7% isn't that much compared with what happened around the world and taking in consideration china's volatility parameters .

w?s=000001.SS

639055[/snapback]

Not surprising. The markets are fixed & currency is pegged.

Ironically, if they had a flexible free market the World would be crashing MUCH more now. If they let the Yuan float, the ensuing depreciation of the US dollar might price oil out of the reach of the American economy, causing stagflation. Sooner that is....

DAX found shpourt at 2006 closing price. Yes, all of 2007 gains were completely erased. The low was made at the 200week weighted MA.

I think europe will be in standby mode, waiting for the US to confirm or deny yesterday's move. Although Asia went ahead and crashed some more overnight.

post-2204-1200998896_thumb.jpg

w?s=000001.SS

639055[/snapback]

Yup, -7% in China is nothing more than a couple days worth of gains gone. Of course, I really don't expect the US markets to stay down for long. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see green at close. Does anyone remember the WorldCom BK crash that took Europe waaaaaaaay down, and we closed green. For all I know, US firms are selling the heck out of the world markets to raise cash for a big ol' buying spree in the US. Seems to happen most of the time the rest of the world is down without taking its cue from the US.

Archived