B4 The Bell Weak-end Den, August 21-22

I have no idea whether the most recent explosion was accidental or not, but you'd have to a coincidence theorist to assume that all of the recent explosions at refineries have been accidental, particularly in light of the threat by Al Qaeda to target them.

I mean really...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bush Paranoia, RePub Convention alert, an alert we don't know about or "Fortress America" flexing its muscles. 2-1/2 miles due south of where I live and halfway across Semiahmoo Bay which is the U.S. Canadian Border sits at anchor a large American Coast Guard Cutter which moved in yesterday afternoon. During the 911 paranoia the Bay was patrolled by a small old Coast Guard rust bucket out of Bellingham which criss crossed the Bay from Blaine, Wash. to Point Roberts the American enclave in Canada. This Cutter is only slightly smaller than a Canadian Anti-Sub frigate and is just sitting there at anchor-strange-Huh! ;)

Better start dropping bombs in Iraq disguised as toys like the Russins did in Afghanistan...

Maybe it'll work this time.

US forces arguably pulled that gag in Afghanistan, though it's not entirely clear that it was deliberate.

Cluster bomblets are bright yellow cylinders. Apparently, quite a few of them did not explode immediately.

USA also dropped similar-looking food aid packages.

So some folks grabbed bombs when they thought they were getting food.

Whether deliberate or accidental, such tactics accomplish nothing except to create enemies.

Soup

Thanks for the headsup

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/r.../2004/0818.html

Just got around to reading it.

It all seems so obvious to those who reside here. It continues to amaze me how out of touch with reality the masses are. A reprogramming campaign the world has never seen continues in earnest, with the full support of a very bias media. I understand that indirectly the fed owns the media so that shouldn't be surprising.

The debt situation in America is past insanity. The fed and POWER has managed to convince the population, not to fear selling your soul to the banking cartel. Sadly no fear of debt has got us to where we are today.

John Perry Barlow, in a Reason interview which touches on many issues involving the Matrix:

Copyright and intellectual property are the most important issues now. If you don?t have something that assures fair use, then you don?t have a free society. If all ideas have to be bought, then you have an intellectually regressive system that will assure you have a highly knowledgeable elite and an ignorant mass.

I?d just been busted for having a really trivial amount of marijuana in a checked bag under a PATRIOT Act search. I was arrested, hauled off in irons, an ugly experience. At San Francisco airport, for, like, three joints? worth of dope.

Before the plane took off, Delta employees came on and said, Mr. Barlow, you have to step off the plane, and bring your personal effects. Then San Francisco cops arrested me. I spent the day in Redwood City in jail. It was a chilling experience. It?s happening, and happening a lot. The Transportation Security Administration is now routinely searching checked bags. They are not just looking for explosives.

TV has a much smaller share of viewers than at any time in the past, but those viewers get all their information there. They get turned into a very uniform belief block. TV in America created the most coherent reality distortion field that I?ve ever seen. Therein is the problem: People who vote watch TV, and they are hallucinating like a sonofabitch. Basically, what we have in this country is government by hallucinating mob.

John Perry Barlow 2.0

That final comment applies to the financial scene too -- we have markets operating under a coherent reality distortion field propagated by the elite, and bulled around by hallucinating mobs.

Scary ... but transitory. :lol: B) ;)

So they're "routinely" searching checked bags, and not just looking for explosives?

That's wonderful news.

And if you're on their list of thinkers of forbidden thoughts, perhaps they can arrange to "find" something in your bag that wasn't in there when you checked it?

Nahhhh. Could never happen. I mean, this is America.

the 20th was a bradley turn, probably a top. my interpretation of the astros are the next 3weeks should be very tough for the markets.

the world is changing. western workers are now having to compete w/indians and chinese workers. the lifestyles in the west are going to change dramatically. its not if but when. seems to me like within the next couple of years, the middle class will be decimated.

if one goes back and looks @ the 30s nature was not very cooperative w/human life. i suspect that this is on the horizon. in the 1400s the plague wiped out 1/3 of the worlds population. dharma

A friend of mine in the OEM auto part segment that supplies the big three has told me that a large layoff is coming at the end of next week in their Canadian plants. This has not yet been announced. He stated that people are "going to be shocked" as business has been going gangbusters for a couple of years. The layoff will be from 10 - 20 % of the workforce. Too much inventory out there it seems.

A friend of mine in the OEM auto part segment that supplies the big three has told me that a large layoff is coming at the end of next week in their Canadian plants. This has not yet been announced. He stated that people are "going to be shocked" as business has been going gangbusters for a couple of years. The layoff will be from 10 - 20 % of the workforce. Too much inventory out there it seems.

you know im sad when someone losses their job, but im REALLY SCHOCKED that they are shocked... how could anyone in the auto biz be schocked by layoffs up and down the line - except executives of course! :lol: . i remember my Mom losing here union job - she never really recovered.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=6035366

U.S. Opens 1st Northern Border Air Patrol Station

Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:00 AM ET

BELLINGHAM, Wash. (Reuters) - The U.S. government is stepping up efforts to patrol its porous northern border with Canada by using helicopters, airplanes and boats to monitor illegal immigration and drug traffic, officials said on Friday.

The first of five planned facilities, the Air and Marine Branch, has begun operations 80 miles north of Seattle, with the aim of "maximizing" security with Canada, a country known for its friendly ties with the United States.

There is our confirmation B4! :cry:

Archived