Deflation or Inflation

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like a bad tick on the BigCharts feed.

Nasdaq dropped 20 points in 5 seconds.....

The 'bad tick' that wndysrf mentioned this morning hit a low of 1040.14 on the Naz.

I mentioned (on IDS) the old saw that 'bad ticks' are usually revisited.

And how -- the Naz hit an actual intraday low of 1939.73 four hours later, during the 'final hour fade.'

Tonight's MTM title: Inflation or Deflation?

answer: (a) INFLATION

Easiest answer of all time. In typical American fashion, we just lurched right by the deflation part of the bubble-bursting script, with equities being the only temporary casualty. The FED smartly moved us into inflation, which has showed up in everything, except imported goods. Even stocks recently caught a whiff.

Good plan, Wndy and MH. While brother BARE and others, bless their value-oreinted hearts, still look for deflation, inflation, especially in commodities, is here. It's the newest trend.

Well wasn't today NICE-yes TODAY was very, VERY NICE! I luv it still no fear the VXO up 39 cents, the VIX up 69 cents. I notice a fair number of us expect a bounce tomorrow-I don't see a bounce yet but I do see more down. I expect we see 1030-35 before the week is out and then maybe a bounce to a lower high or maybe not. If we do not bounce at 1030-35 it will waterfall to year end but imho if it does bounce it will be short and swift and we will THEN waterfall into the year end and I expect a new yearly low by then. As to Doversole-doesn't mean a lot-remember the old truth Markets can remain Dover Sole and overbought longer than we can remain solvent. Everybody and everything is so freakin complacent and every time when that happens-Mr. Markie will take the Bullz out to the woodshed and administer a whupping-Trade Safe!

Archived