B4 The Bell Thursday August 5

Guest libertas
Schaeffer in his morning letter points out that the 21 day m/a on the equity p/c ratio has now dropped for 5 consecutive sessions to a low of 0.67. The Bullz are all on the same side of the boat-I luuuuvvvv it! ;)

And the next three values to drop off are 1.000, 0.905 and 0.804.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a good thing that we all know that everyone in the same generation thinks and behaves the exact same way. Otherwise intergenerational sniping would be no fun at all.

"At the heart of every generalization is a lie."

-- Attributed to Xeno (uhhh... by me)

For those who believe in democracy, Bush should scare them. By invoking "executive priveledge" they create a secret government that is not accountable to the people. They justify this by maintaining a constant state of emergency. He must go.

Just my two cents.

Bung

After fighting in Viet Nam, Kerry came to the right conclusion, and his decisions to quit the war, and his position after leaving the war were the right ones, in my opinion.

Bush stayed home, drank and partied, and shirked his duty. I think that contrast says it all about the character issue here.

Doc,

By your logic then, Bob Dole should have been elected in 1996, no?

What bugs me about Kerry and his Vietnam experience is that in 1992, while campaigning for Clinton, he said Vietnam should NOT be used as a divisive political issue in the Presidential campaign; isn't it hypocritical of him to now wrap himself in the flag?

For those who believe in democracy, Bush should scare them. By invoking "executive priveledge" they create a secret government that is not accountable to the people. They justify this by maintaining a constant state of emergency. He must go.

Just my two cents.

Bung

We in the USA live in a Republic .

We are a nation of laws.

Democracy is tranfer of wealth by mob rule.

It is the "life-long" Democrats (and Republicans) whose votes are wasted, because they are taken for granted by the respective parties. The parties are in rough balance and so to win they need to attract voters who are not committed to either party. That means, inter alia, Libertarians and Naderites. So anyone who votes Libertarian or Naderite has a disproportionate influence, because they show the major parties a countable pool of voters who have some pretty specific principles in mind (in both cases). The major parties can then shape their message and policies to attract those pools. The lifelong supporters have no practical influence because they will not change, regardless. Which is sad. But they are free to be taken for granted and waste their influence.

That's Nader's position, exactly. Sorry, but I still believe in the principles of the Democratic party. I guess I'm stupid.

It is the "life-long" Democrats (and Republicans) whose votes are wasted, because they are taken for granted by the respective parties. The parties are in rough balance and so to win they need to attract voters who are not committed to either party. That means, inter alia, Libertarians and Naderites. So anyone who votes Libertarian or Naderite has a disproportionate influence, because they show the major parties a countable pool of voters who have some pretty specific principles in mind (in both cases). The major parties can then shape their message and policies to attract those pools. The lifelong supporters have no practical influence because they will not change, regardless. Which is sad. But they are free to be taken for granted and waste their influence.

That's Nader's position, exactly. Sorry, but I still believe in the principles of the Democratic party. I guess I'm stupid.

"One is a fool if he is an idealist at 50 -- and a fool if he wasn't an idealist at 20." Attributed to some French guy whose name I can't remember.

Or, was that translated as "a Stool"? Can't remember that either.

Just my two cents.

Bung

We in the USA live in a Republic .

We are a nation of laws.

Democracy is tranfer of wealth by mob rule.

Now there's the Bearman I know and love.

Archived