Market Crashes Nearly 1/2%

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well had our first down to business investment fund meeting today. First we started off with a macroeconomic overview, which we are seeming to stay bearish in the short-run. It was funny, our head asset allocation leader wrote on the board two categories, bullish and bearish. We listed some of the top indicators from this week, all of them went under the bearish category( FHFA, Durable goods, and new home sales.) the only thing that went under the bullish side is the FED, and that the fed is only thing keeping this thing alive by the $1.25 trillion mortgage and treasury purchasing. It was interesting to be with a group that almost had the same sentiment as the board. Pointed out how cash for clunkers results are drying up and that durable goods will continue to be bearish. Also went over how the fed is keeping all the money from entering the capital markets, by pinning that interest rate down.

As for us anal cyst we are to do some intensive research for our pitching on Tuesdays meeting. All stocks will be given a 15% stop (ouch is what I said) with holding times 3-6 months. The fund is allocated so that such losses will be very unnoticeable and we will remain fully invested since we have not to worry about redemption's. Each team will be pitching 2-5 stocks, and the remaining funds will be put into the sectors etf/or short etf. We will not be able to start shorting equities until 1 months results are released. I'm taking this as a huge learning process/opportunity, as the only non-Finance major I have no clue how I made it onto this team. I still have ALOT of learning to do. There must have been something they liked, 20/100 applicants were accepted. As I do my research over the weekend I will let you all know what I come up with. Currently looking at ConAgra, and possibly Kroger. It's hard to pitch something when the market is up 60% and things look so bearish, plus I'm used to holding positions for 5-20 days, excluding Jickiss Stock Of the Year CDE. :P

Dr. Correll

One bucket of cold water in the face of markets was the discovery of the shadow inventory of houses a couple of days ago my bloombox. Makes me feel like I'm in some deep info net here at the stool when stuff we've talked about, in some cases, for years, surfaces in the MSM.

Of course, knowing stuff and trading it in a perfectly timed way, b 2 different kettles of mushrooms.

Da Shadow is Coming to town

OK, it's a long story, but the original plan was that a promoter was to have Lynyrd Skynyrd in town this evening and I was going to be there. Poor ticket sales caused a cancellation but with the miracle of the internet we're going to be there even though ...

well, things just couldn't be the same......

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-_8xivRTsY.swf

Funny thing, one of my "old" buds (circa early 1980's) is in the band these days....

I know Ricky from his NJ Blackfoot days...man o man could they rip it up at the Final Exam in Randolph NJ

Small world...

Rick Medlocke

I have one.

About a month ago, I accidentally dropped it from the kitchen counter onto a hardtile floor. The hinge mechanism is a little stiffer, but that's it. Very happy with it.

My friend has one, too. Travels with it - has beaten it all to hell. Still works.

the generic name for this is netbook

Archived