The MIT Experiment - Day 4

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oyster's point (that this might be the beginning of the recognition phase) is a good one, as usual.

Greg, here's a comparison chart; I hope it is of any use.

Have to run now; duty calls (my real job, that is).

Regards,

Vesselin

post-3-1045842429.gif

Agree with VB that we have unfinished upside bidniz...around 860, maybe 870 S&P. We filled the 835 gap this am and now...

858 is 360 degrees from the 806 low. The problem is the date. 2/18/03 was the most important date of the month. Then comes 2/21/03 (today). and then we are looking at early March...

Currently I don't see how we can go to 858, although it's possible. It has to happen either today or Monday

My $.02

AAII Bear/Bull ratio, weekly chart. A move above the upper horizontal line is a Buy signal. You can't see it on such a small chart, but a spike above that line predicted the recent bounce.

Regards,

Vesselin

Vesselin,

Where do you get this data? :unsure: It is different than this:

Investor Sentiment

post-3-1045842775.jpg

Hi Greg,

I can't post a chart at this moment due to too much data on it, but today at 14:30 +/-1 hour is a "good" turn.

It's the measurement from the 12/2/02(H) to 1/13/03(H) projected forward one time. "Usually" these get to be "good" turns Since we have a daily turn as well (2/21/03) we need to keep our eyes open around that time

Should prove interesting, BB, particularly given the opex forces at work today. I'm expecting QQQ 25 to hold, or very close to it. Note that many optionholders will not exercise if the difference between the price paid for the contract is insignificant relative to the closing price... so they can afford to miss maxpain by a few cents. One would expect price to remain pinned today, but then there are yours and others' timings, astros, etc.

Here is the current position of the SPX using a 240m chart. Geomertically, the 806 low happened in a good support area. The rally since there is "too small" and out of proportion to the previous swings... The key here is to be able to identify which was the "real low". Was it the one on 2/13 or the real low came on 1/27 (circled date) and since then we are in a "corrective" move?

spx_240Feb03p.gif

good to see TA posters here. I lean this direction so may post some here...

While the markets flop around, trying to hammer out at bottom? I have been chasing the momentum stocks around. You know, the ones with parabolic swings.

So you find a nice juicy short, running wildly into short term resistence.... Oh, boy, you jump in hoping to make a killing, then Oh sh*t... it keeps on going up....So, as Doc and maybe others? Often say. check the longer timeframes/cycles.... Eyes left for previous resistence and gaps on the longer timeframes for possible stopping points...

BB, good to see you here. I am doing a lot with gartley, butterflys and fibs.... spent some time over at Larry Pesavento's site.. hopefully learned a bit., wouldn't mind seeing some Gartley posts.

AAII Bear/Bull ratio, weekly chart. A move above the upper horizontal line is a Buy signal. You can't see it on such a small chart, but a spike above that line predicted the recent bounce.

Regards,

Vesselin

Vesselin,

Where do you get this data? :unsure: It is different than this:

Investor Sentiment

You're looking at the investors intelligence (IIAS). V is charting the AAII. Personally, I think the IIAS is the more reliable indicator. Keep in mind the AAII is not computed the way it used to be so making historical comparisons may not be appropriate.

BTW, V, what is with the big secret on how you got the AAII to chart from stockcharts?

Archived