Communication

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhetorical question:

Why is it that in a bear market everyone talks about being Dover Sole but never about being overbought?

In the EARLY bull market days all you heard was that the market was overbought.

Eventually we will resume the trend lower and it will hurt "real bad".

Another thing, I'll say it now before the mainstream boneheads start waking up and yapping it, and that is...

The financial system is severely broken and everything is going to get flushed, everything.

If this is the windup before the strike-out pitch, all goes per plan. Bullz'n Bears both want/betting on a quick resolution re: "direction", another trading range may be just we get to frustrate both. It continues to amaze me how much more quickly bears capitulate (I've probably done it 6-7 times in the last year) than bulls do (most don't know the meaning of the word). Probably relates to "limitless" loss potential on squeezes, whereas bulls can game the somewhat finite down moves.

There has been sooo many days in the past year just like today, one wonders when an unexpected afternoon tsunami reversal might come about to finish this thing off. Doesn't look like today, though. I put some of my short positions back in cash a few minutes ago.

Gold and silver physical still very tempting.

Rhetorical question:

Why is it that in a bear market everyone talks about being Dover Sole but never about being overbought?

In the EARLY bull market days all you heard was that the market was overbought.

Eventually we will resume the trend lower and it will hurt "real bad".

Another thing, I'll say it now before the mainstream boneheads start waking up and yapping it, and that is...

The financial system is severely broken and everything is going to get flushed, everything.

The market is more like "Dover Beach".

;)

BARE knows hatred of/FUR Cramer runs to near pathological levels on this BORED BUTT: every now and then he comes up with some truly insightful stuff. He's got a great commentary on this rally over on his website.

And he's got some VERY good people there, too.

That's just the way it is. UnFURtunately. Cramer puzzles HRFF.

Every? time he appears have over a long period, proven to be a COMPLETE MAROON he redeems hisself.

weird.

a truly bizarre molecular composition. LOLOL

Somebody bought 1.000.000 QQQs.

See below. Think it matches up at all with the transaction at 10:41?

02/18/03 13:05:00 25.14 25.13 25.14 1105400

02/18/03 10:41:00 24.97 24.99 24.98 1234500

Remember too that this means somebody sold 1,000,000 QQQs.

Was it on the bid or the ask?

GF:

The 13:05 print was on the bid; the 10:41 print was between bid & ask.

Way OT: I play golf with a guy who was in "Meet the Parents". He had a 30-second stint as the FedEx driver near the end of the flick.

LOU,

that's exactly right and that's the point of my rhetorical question of the day above.

The phenomenon you observed plus mine is caused by "wall of worry" and "slope of hope" thinking during new bull and bear markets, repectively.

That's why so few can buy (short) and hold. Its not easy to do so yet tons of buck$ are made holding through the nonsense ST blips such as this obvious load of crap!

Archived