Nancy's End Of Week Contribution To The Cause

Well said, Doc!! I understand what Rockhead is saying also. There probably needs to be a serious intraday thread for those inclined. This is the most unique, fun and informative board I know of. People playing characters in a play is the exact way to look at it. I love the characters on this board and frankly, if it gets too serious, it will lose the primary reason why most people hang out here. :D

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BEARDRECH
The CRB got hammered down in the past couple of days, but now it's on the upside again.

Opposite messages from gold (down) and crude oil (up again). My impression is that gold's supply chain is a plodding elephant compared to that of crude oil, which is as sensitive as a spider to the thrashing of an insect trapped in its web.

After all, oil is being consumed at a ferocious rate. Very little of the gold supply is being "consumed."

Regarding oil.

All my long positions are now commodities. However, I like to get payed for holding a commodity, so for oil, I bought the Canadian Oil Sands Trust.

It pays just over a 5% divident.

ca:cos.un chart

Canadian Oil Sands Trust

Okay, what's the ya-but. The oil is mixed with fine sand. They have to be seperated. However, this process is becoming more economical all the time. And will become more so as world production declines and world demand (ie., China and India) increases.

Hubbert's Peak: The future of oil

And as far as I'm aware, Saudi-style fanatical Wahabi Islam doesn't get much play over in Alberta, Canada.

i am getting nauseous at the repetition of hubbert and his dark drilling prophesies--while hes concerned with futile drilling for "elephants" some Joe sixpak,out of sight and behind our backs is busilly drilling his darling wife,Becky, and planting the seeds for a couple of nobel prize winners that will eventually father the birth of new energy scources that will make the wahanabeebes convert to the Brazilian sect of Santorini--

beardrech

:angry: :grin: :unsure: :lol: ;)

That's really rich coming from a guy who spends his days on discredited voodoo numerology, a.k.a. elliott wave analysis :lol:

It's an empirical fact that oil production in the US peaked in the 1970's and has been declining ever since. While oil consumption has been skyrocketing.

As a physicist, I'm all for new sources of energy.

However, I also know just how hard and time-consuming it is to take a science from the lab and turn it into a cost-effective and economical technology.

did u know that battel institute once set their technologists to the task at making a silk purse out a sows ear and an actual lead baloon;and whats more they succeeded:the poiNt being that we will run out of aspirin before we run out of oil--

and another example:the current catastrophic decline of the bull market is not because of the diminution of the oil supply ,but because of the radical diminution of brainpower and wisdom and the horrible dDover Sole condition of STUPIDITY of False Hope proselytised by all of the Elmer Gantry wall street divines

Our Paper economy is the result of wall street Sabateurs;fifth columnists who snuck into our productive tents with socks loaded with dogshit and laid it right on our conches and now most of the citezenry walk around the scmuckfarm balancing their cabbage heads seeing starsand crying aloud--"shortages shortages two pounds a quarter" :unsure: :blink: :grin:

remember the old adage-we aren't short of milk so much as we are tits

I am in no way responsible for the above remarks and nothing personal is intended--and every demeaning remark i ever make is always to be considered yo be,among other targets,as self-referential== :grin: :grin:

Guest BEARDRECH
"Hello Elizabeth. Great news. There has been a last

minute cancellation on the HMS TItanic's maiden voyage.

We'll be able to that vacation after all."

The action today to prop up the markets is pathetic.

Like people were "lucky" enough to get on the Titanic,

those who entered long today on debt-ridden,

thieving, lying companies will suffer the same fate.

Go ahead sheeple. Sell your gold and buy more QCOM,

RMBS, WMT.

You tell'em Auntie.

Amen. :ph34r:

those idiots buying those upper deck staterooms on the hms tit-anic;all they do up there is play shuffleboard with the deckchairs while I got the best and the cheapest place: where its nice and warm;THE BOilER ROOM-hA HA

:P :P :P :P

Archived