IDS World Markets Thurs 26th July 07

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cryptic message from the Da Boyz

They closed the DOW at its All-time-high 14000.41 which JUST happens to read the same thing backwards, 1400041. Does it represent The TOP, one way or the other in Da Boyz lingo. GTFO

Silly rabbit tricks are for kids :lol: :lol:

I guess Biderman isn't 200% long any more.

Leverage works twice as fast on the downside.

593854[/snapback]

My guess is that he's still 200% long since his "models" are telling him to be bullish.

The problem with his models is that, even if he's right, he could be very early. Or he could be dead wrong.

My "models" have been telling me to be extra-cautious lately. And when the SPX fell back under 1532, they told me to look short. And now that our good friend Nardsaq 2632 has given way, they are telling me to GTFO. And once again, the breakdown in the Materials has lead the parade.

All of this remains subject to change, of course, pending the action.

SOX seems to be leading this thing.... and it broke the 20 DMA....not good....This does not look like a place to add more shorts....I'll just ride the ones I have for now and reassess towards the end of the day..... :)

post-1110-1185460249_thumb.jpg

I will check back in at the close but it sure feels like a needle bottom here. Early morning puke to cleans the stops and away.

593850[/snapback]

The sell off in XLB (materials) continues. LW are you still short? How far down do you think it can go before we can start buying it on sale?

593857[/snapback]

I'm short the XLB from 43.14. Sold off my putz yesterday...unfortunately....thinking they might bounce in here.

Cryptic message from the Da Boyz

They closed the DOW at its All-time-high 14000.41 which JUST happens to read the same thing backwards, 1400041. Does it represent The TOP, one way or the other in Da Boyz lingo. GTFO

Silly rabbit tricks are for kids :lol:  :lol:

593862[/snapback]

Who said the pigmen don't have a sense of humor, "oink oink"

post-2204-1185460419_thumb.gif

SOX seems to be leading this thing.... and it broke the 20 DMA....not good....This does not look like a place to add more shorts....I'll just ride the ones I have for now and reassess towards the end of the day..... :)

593864[/snapback]

MRVL green slightly.

The junk bondos are still waterfallin'.

Been watching a few of the junk bond funds for a V-bounce, which usually corresponds to a schlock bottom.

As you can see from SHIAX, no bounce yet.

The amazing thing is that the waterfall from the Jun top has had very little effect on schlocks...until now. Maybe the crooks will saving the best for last.

That said, SHIAX is getting very close to where it "should" V-bottom. Somewhere in the 6.45-6.66 range. It's at 6.65 right now.

A break below the 2003 low at 6.45 would be extra-specially bearish.

post-2169-1185460463_thumb.jpg

Oops!!! Woulda', shoulda', coulda'.......looks like $22 might have been better than the $8.74 where it is now......may have to do a buy/write on this one too (EDIT:  uh, maybe NOT)

Builder WCI says no definitive offer for company (8.74, -2.58, -22.8%)

BOSTON (MarketWatch) -- WCI Communities Inc. (WCI : WCI Communities, Inc

said the home builder has not received a definitive proposal for the purchase of the company after the firm previously announced it was exploring strategic alternatives, including a potential sale of the company. "While initially several companies expressed an interest in acquiring WCI, deteriorating conditions and uncertainty in the home-building and debt markets have made the sale process more challenging," WCI said in a statement. "The board intends to continue the sale process and also will explore other potential strategic and financial alternatives, including asset sales, strategic partnerships, minority investments, and recapitalization transactions to enhance shareholder value." The company had been resisting efforts by billionaire investor Carl Icahn to run his own slate of directors. Icahn had made a $22-a-share tender offer for the company that expired without the purchase of any WCI shares. The stock closed Wednesday at $11.32.

593855[/snapback]

UFB. Mish picked this PoS as a short last summer, but I don't think he held the position. :( Maybe it will be the first homie to cross the finish line (at zero). :D

REITs are nearly back to where I thought they might bounce.

I've been eyeing the 72ish level on IYR as a level that might hold it. With the IYR at 72.65 today, guess we'll find out imminently.

Even if it does find support in this zone, no guarantee it goes up much. It might just fart around these levels for a while.

post-2169-1185460897_thumb.jpg

Archived