Quarter ends like it begins

GPN

This chart is bananas

Just based on the chart alone, I would have sold (or been about to sell assuming I owned it) this stock as it has just recently walked into it all time high areola.

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=gpn&uf=0&type=4&size=2&sid=437945&style=320&freq=1&entitlementtoken=0c33378313484ba9b46b8e24ded87dd6&time=20&rand=937440492&compidx=aaaaa%3a0&ma=0&maval=9&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=335&width=579&mocktick=1

Then news comes out on Friday that they may have exposed a bunch of credit card holders info to fraud..yada yada yada

And ***poof***

Nothing to do with technicals, but what a coinkydink

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=gpn&uf=0&type=4&size=2&sid=437945&style=320&freq=1&entitlementtoken=0c33378313484ba9b46b8e24ded87dd6&time=6&rand=1199187811&compidx=aaaaa%3a0&ma=0&maval=9&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=335&width=579&mocktick=1

And look at where it did a "whoa boy" as it was melting down on Friday....RIGHT TO it's previous support at $45.xx

Amazin'

Anyway...may be a good dip-buy, for those so inclined.

As for me...I ain't buyin' nuttin'...at this juncture

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though the GSE's books are shrinking aren't they still buying the majority of all new mortgage paper. I recall XX months ago seeing that they were purchasing 95% of all new mortgages. I didn't take that as gospel but figured the number was big. Does anyone have an idea what the number is now?

I don't know if it is hilarious or sad that the endless bailouts of FNMA and FNCC gets passed without discussion or notice with Fannie asking for and surely getting another $4.6 billion any day now. The deficit hawks turn into deficit sissys when the GSE's come calling.

That's because they're bailing out their buddies.

But are they the buyers of first resort for all new mortgage paper?

I assume most of those new mortgages are pretty good as lenders are now doing what they were supposed to do and actually do all the due diligence so the paper should be good. Nominally at least baring systematic issues which would effect all debt so there should be buyers in the real market but maybe not.

Bitcoin vs. Metals

A very interesting article...

I see Bitcoin as The People’s Money. It preserves privacy, not secrecy. Bitcoin represents the marriage of technology and gold. In fact, I will go so far as to say it is Digital Gold and could easily be used as an international reserve currency much like the metal itself was used until 1971 before Nixon took the world off the Gold Standard.

Why was Bitcoin invented? It was invented as a poison dart targeted directly at the heart of the problem; fiat currency debasement.

Anyone here ever used Bitcoin?

Unlike Gold, is there counterparty risk?

Bitcoin vs. Metals

I see Bitcoin as The People’s Money. It preserves privacy, not secrecy. Bitcoin represents the marriage of technology and gold. In fact, I will go so far as to say it is Digital Gold and could easily be used as an international reserve currency much like the metal itself was used until 1971 before Nixon took the world off the Gold Standard.

Why was Bitcoin invented? It was invented as a poison dart targeted directly at the heart of the problem; fiat currency debasement.

Just another con.

Bitcoin vs. Metals

Tempis fugit.

Err... Semper Fi?

Uhh... Sic' em, Fido?

Ummm... Emptor caveat.

Yeah, that's the one:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/06/gox/

Archived