Double Shot

Well Stooltowners,

I see the talk at the saloon has gotten a bit strange.

Somehow seems this 2 month stagecoach ride over the ruts and bumps has left most

of us sick to our stomachs, frustrated and about ready to get out and walk.

Now that Tiger fella over there in the corner is making me raise an eyebrow, but I wish

the orny ones would let him have his say. He's just had a little to much monetary-peyote

and seen some pretty scary visions of the future those greasy banker types have created.

Now its good to see our saloon greeter back on his Stool :D

Let's see if we can get some focus back into our talks here at the saloon. Its all about trying

to profit a bit from a few wise money moves down in Dodge.

The Doc is making good sense. I'd listen up if you want your wallets thicker.

Now lets get this place a bit civilized. The fightin and brawlin is gettin out of hand.

I don't know about you, but I get enough wrestlin, battling bulls all day.

Riverboating season and filly chasing is coming to an end for a while.

Time to sober up, get out the powder and sight in your rifle.

The bulls are gonna run close very shortly. Time for some steaks.

SEH

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stutz...Thermal Depolymerization seems like a great way to recycle wastes, but I'm very skeptical of the energy balance aspect (as are many smarter minds than mine). The Second Law of Thermodynamics is incorruptible. I had an interesting email dialog about this with Richard Heinberg, who authored a book about peak oil and energy alternatives called The Party's Over. PM me and I can send you that dialog if you are interested.

Would i move to Argentina?

thats not the point,why after everything that has happened to that country (defaulting on $130 billion ,rioting etc,etc)things are slowly getting back to normal...my point is that people just seem to adapt to things...how would the USA cope if it somehow went down the Argentina road..

What can you do as an individual...they had something like 5 Presidents with in 12 months....who do you blame..and what good does it do...nobody listens or cares..politicians dont...you just have to accept that you have done your dough and start over.....

Okay, no burning pits of deisel, but are you saying that Argentina just experienced a "bad recession"? Maybe we're back to agreeing. After 75 years of statist chaos, maybe that was just a bad recession. :ph34r:

--------------- NutsDuck--NDX----spread

--10-10-2002 1108.49 0801.26 307.23

A-12-02-2002 1521.44 1155.68 365.76

B-03/12-2003 1253.22 0946.79 306.43

---08-22-2003 1812.49 1342.64 469.85

Nutsduck

length of A 412.95, assume C moves 1.382 of A, C = 1823.92

NDX

length of A 354.42, assume C moves 1.236 of A, C = 1384.85

The moves on 08/22 shows spread of 469.85 between Nutsduck & NDX, indicates the crazy move of small stocks is near the terminal stage. and very close to the project FIB point.

Stutz...Thermal Depolymerization seems like a great way to recycle wastes, but I'm very skeptical of the energy balance aspect (as are many smarter minds than mine). The Second Law of Thermodynamics is incorruptible. I had an interesting email dialog about this with Richard Heinberg, who authored a book about peak oil and energy alternatives called The Party's Over. PM me and I can send you that dialog if you are interested.

Agreed, the energy balance of the process IS the whole enchiladal But also agree, as toxin disposal, it will quiet all but the beserk eco-pinkos.

My take is that any article titled The Party's Over belongs on a board like this. Bring it on down! :P

Pee Brain,

I am not kidding..by rights Argentina should have deteriorated into outright anarchy...but if anything things have improved dramatically...how come this happened?

Do people just except things,do they even have a choice..life just seems to go on...

:D

you're right, argentina is apparently making great strides after almost imploding - at least thats what the "journalcysts" say. last i heard they were tipping over - i remember some bond holder got thumped.

TE, i trained with a guy in japan and he loved argentina - he loved argentina and chile. a buddy just got back from a hunting trip from argentina and all he could talk about was the beautiful women and great, huge steaks. he's thinking of buying a rancho there :D

Stutz,

I dont know what to call it...bad recession...terrible recession...mini depression...eotwawki...i just dont know...it should be an economic basket case...would i like to live there..no ...but life just goes on...they somehow manage to go on...my point is that Argentina(no disrepect intended) is not a patch on the USA when it comes to ...power,wealth,military might,education...whatever...The USA will not go down without one hell of a fight and if you think HT scenario (by May next year)will evenuate,i just dont see it.

Pee Brain,

Argentina might'nt exactly be setting the world on fire..but it isnt exactly sliding into depression...if a country like that can survive the hits its taken the past couple of years i think good old USA might just somehow manage to pull thru as well...

Some of you HT supporters would be well advised to read his very early contributions...very disturbing reading.

Riverboating season and filly chasing is coming to an end for a while.

Time to sober up, get out the powder and sight in your rifle.

The bulls are gonna run close very shortly. Time for some steaks.

SEH

Well your campfire stories are sure interesting while we sit it out here in the high country. Expect they'll be some bulls going to take a Missouri boat ride soon.

Stutz,

I dont know what to call it...bad recession...terrible recession...mini depression...eotwawki...i just dont know...it should be an economic basket case...would i like to live there..no ...but life just goes on...they somehow manage to go on...my point is that Argentina(no disrepect intended) is not a patch on the USA when it comes to ...power,wealth,military might,education...whatever...The USA will not go down without one hell of a fight and if you think HT scenario (by May next year)will evenuate,i just dont see it.

I hope your opitmistic evaluation of the 'States comes shining through. I truly do (I really hope the Shrub doesn't find it in the security interest to mess with my 401K). But the power is not with the people anymore. It's been awhile since made-in-the-USA made sense (Do NOT mention that scumbag Gates!). :P

The market aside. Somebody give Kudos to Warren Zevon besides me.

Warren's music said it all. I tell people he was one of my all time favourites and I get "Warren Who?"

Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. Now there's a song. I'd be very surprised if artists or groups as diverse as Elvis Costello, Boomtown Rats not to mention the obvious Jackson Browne had not woven some of his magic into their recordings.

Before I came here I used to view the music down the music shoppe starting from Z (Zevon, Zappa, ZZ-Top) and working my way down. No point here as Zevon would be under W, Zappa under F and ZZ not on top. :grin:

I will not miss him because I never knew him and what I know of him, his music lives on. So in a way, from my viewpoint, he's not dead and can never die.

Archived