B4 the Bell, Teuzleday June 22, 2004

Guest yobob1

On the weekend thread someone was looking for US desalination companies. Richard Russell has mentioned a couple 3 or 4 times recently. Consolidated Water (CWCO) and ION. Yesterday's he noted that both have moved significantly recently.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on another note....start paying attention at the grocery/retail outlets.

yesterday my better half and i were at tarrjay and she remembered that we needed some paper towels....'well hell' i thought to myself, 'how convenient that they have them here'. so i wandered on over to that section of the warehouse and sure as shit they had em. 2 sizes in fact.

8 rolls for $5.99

or

15 rolls for $11.99.

i shit you not. no sales on that larger size. nada. nothing. just their regular pricing. same for napkins. we stood there giggling to ourselves at first about how stupid they must think the average consumer is. giggling about how well trained the average american consumer was to buy the larger size because it was always cheaper. giggling that they must be getting away with this thousands upon thousands of times per day.

then we realized what it really meant that they were able to brainwash folks so well that they could pull this kind of switch so boldly and get away with it.

we stopped giggling.

must be a trend, I saw bird seed at wallymart, 25 lb 3.99 rightr next to it 50 lb 9.99

the corporations have finally realised that the dumbing down of america has reached the point of easy money, and they intend to take advantage of it

depends....no. you think i am stupid or crazy? if i was one or the other i might make that mistake on a public board like this but since i am both i will not make that mistake.

let's just say that there are three choices and i don't see any difference between the three. one with heavy ties to the defense industries may have figured more prominently in the above stories but they ALL do it.

oh and lets not forget what is really going to happen to detroit in the next few years....

Houston Partners to Bring Chinese Vehicles to Texas

"Rams gave some speculation on pricing. The Geely sports sedan, called Solo, will cost $10,888 fully equipped with leather seats, power windows, a remote control entry system, CD player and wood trim. A fully-equipped Solo sedan is $8,888. "

good bye richest county per capita in the world (Oakland) and hello flint (as in decrepit hell hole) for everyone still here.......

Berlin May 2004 ASPO report by Ruppert of FTW, who was there.

---

On the question of Saudi Arabia he(Simmons) was unequivocal. ?The Saudis are out of capacity. That?s my opinion? They have no infrastructure or extra pipes or gas, oil, and water separators (very expensive large globes used to separate what comes out of a water injection well). They have very heavy oil which, through a conventional refinery, produces asphalt. We don?t need asphalt. We need gasoline. It takes a complex refinery to make gasoline and it only takes 7-10 years to build one.?

Great summary of the upcoming oil crisis.

I think the average American thinks that if oil prices rise, their income will be increased or adjusted accordingly by inflation or similar kinds of cost of living adjustments. This is false logic in relationship to energy. Energy will take an increasing share of income after all wage increases, CPI adjustments, etc..

The political establishment, by advancing theories such as only "core" inflation is true inflation, is doing its best to hide the problem. So far, they are winning - as even "economists" buy into this falacious theory.

on another note....start paying attention at the grocery/retail outlets.

yesterday my better half and i were at tarrjay and she remembered that we needed some paper towels....'well hell' i thought to myself, 'how convenient that they have them here'. so i wandered on over to that section of the warehouse and sure as shit they had em. 2 sizes in fact.

8 rolls for $5.99

or

15 rolls for $11.99.

i shit you not. no sales on that larger size. nada. nothing. just their regular pricing. same for napkins. we stood there giggling to ourselves at first about how stupid they must think the average consumer is. giggling about how well trained the average american consumer was to buy the larger size because it was always cheaper. giggling that they must be getting away with this thousands upon thousands of times per day.

then we realized what it really meant that they were able to brainwash folks so well that they could pull this kind of switch so boldly and get away with it.

we stopped giggling.

Brainwashed you say?

Better believe it in exponential form. :angry:

Good Morning Crew- Window at the Bell for 40 minutes-the direction is still down. The old story here on the thread "Great minds think alike or Fools seldom differ" Like Yo Bobby and the Fokkers, Lady Viv and I keep a 3 month supply of food and household goods on hand at all times. We buy when it's on sale and we buy a lot, as Bobby says over time you save a lot both in $ and trips to the Store. ;)

More on "core" inflation, by the great Ben "the printer" Bernanke - who gets "comfortable" with inflation:

Fed Bernanke : Inflation Unlikely To Be Problem This Year

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

June 21, 2004 2:06 p.m.

NEW YORK -- Federal Reserve Governor Ben Bernanke said Monday he isn't worried about the U.S. inflation outlook, echoing the view advanced by other central bank officials over recent days.

"The most likely case for the rest of the year is that core inflation will stabilize in the region with which I'm comfortable," Bernanke said after a speech in Paris about the euro. But the official added that if his forecast for price pressures turns out to be wrong, "obviously we will have to respond."

copyright - DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

they will simply refuse to pay

Goldi, Care to name the culpret?

I had some dealing with one of the Big 3 before. They had a bright idea that they would dictate to us how much profit we would make and that we were to give them full access to our financial data so they could judge what correct price should be. Not only that, they wanted to consult us on how we could reduce the price 5% each year.

We told them politely to F off. If they insisted on it, then we would call an "all time buy" on their components (means they'd have to give us 5-7 years future business in 1 year delivery) and we would exit their business. Think they realized they didn't have that much buying cloud with a semiconductor manufacturer where their total business to us was ~1%. I pitty the poor Tier2-suppliers where these guys are over a barrel.

Archived