IDS World Markets Thurs 24th July 03

Phew well the golds took off in a big way at open, +3-4% but have dropped back a little. All Ords currently +1.7 points and struggling to hold that. I would not be at all surprised to see it dip into the red. In fact I suspect its only the miners holding up the index as the rest of the screen is looking reddish. Its the make or break scenario on the All Ords double top which is very similar to the S&P500 double top and so far its all going to schedule.

Asian markets mostly up...see if the Nikkei manages to stay up today... I have my doubts.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ended up with a marginal gain on the index with the latter closing +4.9 (+0.2%). The intraday action was basically sideways with the occasional battering against resistance which, I might add, it failed to break. I would really have preferred a down day at this stage but looking at stocks generally we more or less got one. Not sure what was keeping All Ords on the plus side as there wasn't too much green on my screen.

Golds did really well.... my Lihir Gold call closed at the money (yay). Now just have to get the 3 puts into the money and I'll be a happy little vegemite.

Nikkei didn't slump like I thought but had a similar day to us, sideways with the odd attempt to break through resistance at 9700. Rest of Asia messing around in similar fashion.

Can only hope Europe has something more exciting in store...

Yoo-hoo world markets

Uncle Buck

intraday.gif?s...w=15&a=2&v.gif

Spoo-Hoo's-

globex.png

Nasty-

nasdaq.png

Globex Flash Quotes Link

euroland

Jo-burg Miners Here

After Hours-USA

Island

AM Market Call By CNNMoney

From Bloomberg 0255 Stool HQ Time

Sony's First-Quarter Profit Plunges as Consumer Electronics, Movies Slump

Sony Corp., the world's No. 2 consumer- electronics maker, said profit plunged 98 percent in the first quarter after sales slumped at its electronics and games businesses and its movie arm failed to deliver a hit film.

Siemens, Peugeot Earnings Drop on Strengthening Euro; Serono Profit Rises

Japanese Exports Rose for a Third Month in June, Adding to Recovery SignsBloomberg

Spot Silver down a bit, but still north 5 Yankee Bucks.

Edit:

Silver closed limit up on TOCOM, +6Yen/grm.

Story

Archived