Historical Turning Point?

Any and All Financial Markets can be manipulated at will by Central Banks:

Jan. 7 (Bloomberg) -- The Bank of Japan sold yen and bought dollars, according to a trader at a bank that deals with the central bank.

The central bank sold yen at about 2:15 p.m. in London after it rose to 105.90, said the trader, who spoke on condition they not be further identified. The sales weakened the yen to about 106.20 from 106.18 late yesterday in New York.

``We will act as needed to counter speculative movement,'' in the yen, Zembei Mizoguchi, Japan's vice finance minister for international affairs, yesterday told reporters. ``There is a need for us to respond to this with determination.''

Watch for Snowman's speech at 11:00am regarding the U.S. Dollar Policy

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NGAS making a nice move this morning at the open.

I just can't thank enough the idiots who sold it down on that private placement news.

And I can't thank stoolies enough for keeping us abreast of this sector. I stayed out until I visited Texas over the holidays, did a little research. Its so hard to believe, you know my grandfather got all his natgas free for quite a while, piped directly from the pump jack on his land!!! (natgas was practically an unwanted byproduct back then). Since stoolies are history and tragedy buffs, have any of you heard of the New London school explosion (relatively near my grandfathers)? I lost a distant great uncle (well before my birth) to a similar explosion (he and his partner were the only victims).

Archived