B4 The Bell Weak-End Den July 2 - 5

I can't believe it's after 10pm already and all day nobody on the thread has posted this old parody:

Face the USA

I also find it a little strange that such a homophobe as Bush is using the Village People of all groups to support their war effort. Is the piece a joke? Don't they have a clue how totally camp the whole VP phenomenon is?

Evidently not an issue, as this "news" piece reports: Powell dons hard hat, sings Village People's 'YMCA' at end of diplomatic meeting

I wouldn't put too much meaning into this whole thing with Powell. They are so out of touch they probably think The Village People is the newest rage.Powell sure ain't no Sammy Davis.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many years ago as a Young Officer i was a believer in America the great-Hell we were ingrained that they were the best of the best- but you know what they wern't-it all comes down to how good you are at hand to hand and how you respond to being cut off and alone- you know what without that Macho "think" you are a Grunt like everyone else! I am sure MH and Einstein agree! ;)

We're all the same when push comes to shove Brian. Reminds me of something the old man told me whenIi was a kid. If you turn 'em upside down they're all pink.

It works like this...The only way to fight population deflation is with a greater force of population inflation...Once the maximum potential food supply is reached it does not matter how much intercourse takes place...

thanks HT,

thanks for explaining it in terms i understand.

That said I believe there is a chance that the move down is impulsive, but I am just not convinced the way you had labelled it is quite right. . . I see a possible leading diagonal followed by a more conventional zigzag wave 2.

MC,

Thanks for the response.

If ya give 10 EW anal cysts the same chart, you're likely to get at least a dozen wave counts (some aren't satisfied with a single interpretation), aren't you? :P

What I am interested in with EW analysis is whether or not I can find an interpretation that supports my conclusions. So what I want to know is if my count violates a rule. In this case, your understanding is that a flat and a triangle do not satisfy the rule of alternation.

My source is Beckman and he doesn't explicitly say that. He claims that zig-zags are most common Wave 2 constructs, flats and triangles most common to Wave 4s. Least likely is for zig-zags to appear in both corrections (but not impossible).

According to my analysis of the hourly chart, Wave 2 is actually an "irregular" flat -- usually these are found in Wave 4 but they do appear as Wave 2s at times. Beckman groups zig-zags, flats, and irregular flats as "simple" constructs while triangles are listed in the chapter on "complex" corrections. In that sense, then, they alternate.

Wave 2 took 21 hours to unfold while both Wave 1 and 3 are of 5 hours duration. Wave 2, then, is a very long wave so Wave 4 should be short -- more like Waves 1 and 3. The triangle looks to have completed in 8 hours so here again I see alternation. By the way, 5 8 and 21 are all Fib numbers. ;)

Whaddya think?

The rule of alternation (that is one of five by Elliott) is satisfied by a flat followed by anything other than a flat. ( waves 2 and 4 for those of you who don't know).

By the way, There has been alot of political discussion as we approach election time. If we believe that the powers that be have such powers, why are we short or for that matter bearish? Just a question.

Guest Icky Twerp

TE !

My golf game has not travelled well from Texas to Arizona... the lack of trees makes me simultaneously agoraphobic and muscle-bound tyring to hit 300 yard dirves. . . 8^(...

You know me. . . I believe in the crash, and I don't know TA -- but SJ's charts always look good to me...

Now you post...8&)

Guest Icky Twerp

yuh,

I wear no glove.

I use a baseball grip, a baseball stance, and a baseball swing...8^)...

I measure my round in "missed birdies" ... today I had three... the greens had been aerated recently and all the topspin in the world couldn't keep them on line.

There's an old John Lennon song, where he lists all the things he doesn't believe in anymore. . . anybody who believes in any politician is wearing blinders, which I think must be a terrible hindrance to a trader. . . but then I'm no trader, no matter how much I enjoyed playing with gold while it was breaking out. . .I sense that B$, with no trace of indecision, hypocrisy, or chagrin, would embrace the so-called Idiot Prince, IF the IP did what B$ tho't was right -- strictly from a Trader's perspective.

I haven't believed in anyone since Inoue (HI) and Weiker (CN) both turned out to be, at bottom, as venal as Gurgin (FL) or Baker (TN) or any other mofo you want to name.

All you have to do is look at Michael Powell -- the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

Hypertiger,

Absolutely fascinating charts.

Perhaps you could indulge us with a chart that takes the y-o-y $ increase in debt,

plotted vs year overlayed with the GDP vs year. It will support your "illusion"

thesis. A large part of the US GDP is pure debt induced. Take away the the debt

injections and you have a depression scenario. As you have skillfully shown,

the US has been badly addicted to debt for the past 20+ years.

Seems any flatline in new debt creation would have massive consequences.

Thanks for all the work.

SEH

P.S. Compute GPD - y.o.y. debt $ increase. This is what I would term "real" GDP.

That said I believe there is a chance that the move down is impulsive, but I am just not convinced the way you had labelled it is quite right. . . I see a possible leading diagonal followed by a more conventional zigzag wave 2.

MC,

Thanks for the response.

If ya give 10 EW anal cysts the same chart, you're likely to get at least a dozen wave counts (some aren't satisfied with a single interpretation), aren't you? :P

What I am interested in with EW analysis is whether or not I can find an interpretation that supports my conclusions. So what I want to know is if my count violates a rule. In this case, your understanding is that a flat and a triangle do not satisfy the rule of alternation.

My source is Beckman and he doesn't explicitly say that. He claims that zig-zags are most common Wave 2 constructs, flats and triangles most common to Wave 4s. Least likely is for zig-zags to appear in both corrections (but not impossible).

According to my analysis of the hourly chart, Wave 2 is actually an "irregular" flat -- usually these are found in Wave 4 but they do appear as Wave 2s at times. Beckman groups zig-zags, flats, and irregular flats as "simple" constructs while triangles are listed in the chapter on "complex" corrections. In that sense, then, they alternate.

Wave 2 took 21 hours to unfold while both Wave 1 and 3 are of 5 hours duration. Wave 2, then, is a very long wave so Wave 4 should be short -- more like Waves 1 and 3. The triangle looks to have completed in 8 hours so here again I see alternation. By the way, 5 8 and 21 are all Fib numbers. ;)

Whaddya think?

The rule of alternation (that is one of five by Elliott) is satisfied by a flat followed by anything other than a flat. ( waves 2 and 4 for those of you who don't know).

Right-o

5.4  The Guidelines of Alternation

. . .The guideline of alternation is very broad in its application and warns the anal cyst always to expect a difference in the next expression of a similar wave. Hamilton Bolton said,

The writer is not convinced that alternation is inevitable in types of waves in larger formations, but there are frequent enough cases to suggest that one should look for it rather than the contrary.

. . .Alternation Within Impulses

If wave two of an impulse is a sharp correction, expect wave four to be a sideways correction, and vice versa

. . . .Sharp corrections never include a new price extreme, i.e., one that lies beyond the orthodox end of the preceding impulse wave. They are almost always zigzags (single, double or triple); occasionally they are double threes that begin with a zigzag. Sideways corrections include flats, triangles, and double and triple corrections.

http://www.elliottwave.com/tutorial/lesson5/5-4.htm

...Saddam Hussein was not responsible for the [gassing of the Kurds]...

This is not getting us anywhere; all the lies and misinformation.

Try taking another view; what facts leading us

to war in Iraq are true? Anyone?

Here's one. There is some oil there.

Read some stuff about this 18 months ago and according to the official CIA report

on gassing the Kurds,it couldn't have been SH 'cos the gas used was not one of the ones we supplied him with(or something to that effect).

Like the Washington joke before Iraqattack-"We know you have WMD's.We kept the invoices!"

Just goes to show what happens when you're in the loop and when you're not!

Archived