B4 The Bell Thursday September 16

Hiding Bear

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

The US adminstration is moving in the same direction as Putin, only more slowly, stealthily. Their goal is the consolidation of absolute power. And the American people, like the Russians, acquiesce willingly. By the time they wake up to their loss of freedom, it will be too late.

It may already be too late. The genie is out of the bottle. We face a horrific future because of the irresponsible, irrational decisions of the madmen in control.

I thought you said we weren't allowed to discuss that topic here.

Look to the origins of these actions and what has resulted.

Smoke and fire indeed.

There is no Al Qaeda. There is no Bin Laden.

They are US

With no natural pressure on it the market moved up another 13 points and has completed what looks like 3 waves up which is countertrend, plus so far it is a typical retrace. Today is an oddity we have a long stretch without pressure which we are halfway thru and a longer stretch with intense pressure so Patience for now! ;)

thousand point rally???

-------------------------------

Also, I'll throw in my 2 cents concerning Iraq for the day...

Far graver than Vietnam

Most senior US military officers now believe the war on Iraq has turned into a disaster on an unprecedented scale

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,...1305360,00.html

... according to the US military's leading strategists and prominent retired generals, Bush's war is already lost. Retired general William Odom, former head of the National Security Agency, told me: "Bush hasn't found the WMD. Al-Qaida, it's worse, he's lost on that front. That he's going to achieve a democracy there? That goal is lost, too. It's lost." He adds: "Right now, the course we're on, we're achieving Bin Laden's ends."

Retired general Joseph Hoare, the former marine commandant and head of US Central Command, told me: "The idea that this is going to go the way these guys planned is ludicrous. There are no good options. We're conducting a campaign as though it were being conducted in Iowa, no sense of the realities on the ground. It's so unrealistic for anyone who knows that part of the world. The priorities are just all wrong."

Jeffrey Record, professor of strategy at the Air War College, said: "I see no ray of light on the horizon at all. The worst case has become true. There's no analogy whatsoever between the situation in Iraq and the advantages we had after the second world war in Germany and Japan."

'nuff said :ph34r: :cry: :ph34r:

Cleary the Iraq situation is a mess,  but, WTF do the sheep still love the shrub and percieve him to be winning the war on "terror"?

Because interest rates are low?

Because "Fox News" says every thing is OK?

Because most people don't read newspapers?

Because most people don't realize Iraq is middle eastern for Vietnam?

Not trying to be a smart ass, I just have NO clue.

Wonderful news from our buddy MAHENDRA:

Finally the rising history of?the DOW will end on 21 September. Indeed, we will not see the current index in the next 7 years.

HA! I knew it!

Furthermore --

Now interesting point?- I predicted [a major raly] for gold in mid 2001 and revealed that gold would rise for 52 years.

Cool -- that should see most of us through retirement. B)

Golden opportunity

Archived