Bulls Market

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cash for Clunkers shutting down.

457,000 vehicles sold through the program.

Just another temporary blip in the "numbers". The demand was totally artificial.

After car sales resume plunging look for Cash 4 Clunkers 2, then 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Anything to kick the can a little farther.

I was talking to a CPA friend yesterday at a Rotary meeting, He said he was hearing that a lot of people were taking the 8K government handout credit for new homebuyers when they sign a contract, not when the home closes.

I wonder what happens when the loan doesn't go thru. another government gift. :angry2:

In doing the deal, BB&T is marking down Colonial loans and real-estate collateral by 37%, a number that reflects a large amount of estimated losses. The biggest mark is on construction loans; BB&T is cutting their value by 67%.

CR

Is 37% a lot? No wonder Goldman Sucks is pumping the bankster stocks so hard. :angry2:

Just a reminder, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

August 20, 2009 6:04 PM

Ridge: I Was Pressured to Raise Threat Level in 2004

Posted by Kevin Hechtkopf

(AP)

Tom Ridge is opening up about his time as the nation's first Secretary of Homeland Security during the Bush Administration. He has a new book coming out in a few weeks, and the details are starting to come out now.

The most striking claim is that Ridge says he was pressured by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and Attorney General John Ashcroft to raise the security threat level on the eve of the 2004 election.

An unpleasant demise to all fascists

Doing business with the government is so much fun. :lol:

The Transportation Department won't say exactly what the rejection rate is, but in an Automotive News survey, some dealers said up to 80 percent of their rebate applications had been rejected. Some dealers are waiting for payments totaling as much as $200,000, the survey found. About 13 percent of dealers said they've suspended clunker deals because of red tape and concern about getting paid by the government.

Yahoo

I was talking to a CPA friend yesterday at a Rotary meeting, He said he was hearing that a lot of people were taking the 8K government handout credit for new homebuyers when they sign a contract, not when the home closes.

I wonder what happens when the loan doesn't go thru. another government gift. :angry2:

audit their aSSes and send them to keyster-pounding prison

Nothing More Bullish -Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Thursday, August 20, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market put on an impressive show on Thursday. Short term cycles continued to strengthen giving a second wind to 13 week and 6 month cycle indications. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Delinquency and foreclosure rates for U.S. mrotgouges continued to rise in the second quarter, with loans to even the most qualified deadbeat borrowers going bust at an unnerving clip, especially in hard-hit states such as Floriduh and Californica.

The numbers reported Turdsday by the Mrotgouge Banksters ASSociation show clearly that rising job losses are worsening the nation's housing troubles.

Forty-one states notched a rise in their foreclosure rate for prime fixed-rate mrotgouges in the second quarter, and prime fixed-rate loans accounted for one in three foreclosure starts.

"The reason people are defaulting on these (loans) is they simply don't have income, and there aren't any loan modification programs for someone who does not have income," said Rick Sharga, the vice president of the Irvine, Calif., firm ReamtyTrac.

The trend will grow worse.

"The rising levels of unemployment will probably, over the next nine to 12 months, become the primary impetus for foreclosure activity," Sharga said. "That's the wave that is just starting to hit." :ninja:

There was more bad news on the employment front Turdsday, with the Labor Department reporting for a second consecutive week an unexpected rise in initial jobless claims. The 576,000 claims last week, following 561,000 the week before, likely sets up a bad employment report for August.

another 1,137,000 families chopped in the last two weeks, is that a lot?

gee I wonder if Golden Suchs announcing GooG :ninja: common as a CONviction buy the day before opex was in any way intended to affect the markit price

Shorty,

As you well know the SEC feels any stock manipulation done to move a stock higher is for the good of all mankind.

Archived