Mark To Market Memorial Forum

Blandishments from the CDC are somewhat suspect. If The BARE doesn't put it past Canadian authorities to POSSIBLY dissemble to prevent panic and economic devastation, he is FUR less confident in authorities in the U.S. He rather suspects that if SARS is a menace of true pandemic potential it will erupt, with intensity, here after a long period of denial. Why? Because the LAST thing the U.S. and financial markets/economy need now is something like THAT.

Time will tell if this is a real menace in Canada and whether all these Johnny-come-lately reASSurances and potential posturing are a patina or amply justified. The media, professional baseball, and, now, the sympathetic cadre of high medical officialdom are nearly tripping over themselves to demonstrate that it really, really, after all ISN'T THAT bad up there. Everyone's on the same msg/page/talking points. Sounds a bit orchestrated butt, it's just too early to tell one way or the other for the public, anyway.

Pardon the parlance butt (_)_) "WHO"'s judgment is better?

We're going to find OUT, wot?

"In the fullness of time," of course.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (BAREister @ Apr 28 2003, 01:16 AM)

300,000 Chinese in Toronta ALONE???

That's right.

And they're all coming to your town :lol:

Oh, no PROBLEMO!!!

We have 300,000+ CALIFORNians here already!!! lmazzoff

Seattlites call 'em CaliFORNIC-OOOPS!!! TYPO! TYPO!

In 25 words or less: where is the inflation?

AMR takes 1/4 pay cut, who????? is getting pay raises???? Yes, prices (insurance, energy) are going up, but how sustainable is this with wages DECLINING!!!! This will be across the board, mark my word, in 12-18 months. And where is the DEMAND to give co's the pricing power to inflate?

The FED pinting to inflate vs. the INEXORABLE deflationary writing on the wall. I've believed Puplava's inflating "things"/deflating "paper" scenario, but the inflation argument looks weaker and weaker. Has anyone done a calculation to to determne how much $$$ would need to be printed to "inflate" a (for example) 25% deflationary cycle?

To turn a 0.75 factor (25 %deflation) to a 10% inflation ("worst case scenario") would require a 55% INCREASE in money supply. A better case scenario?

0.90 factor to 7% inflation---> 20% INCREASE in money supply!!!!

Either scenario is staggering. My calcs are static and probably simplistic in the extreme. But the concept isn't. Give me a best case scenario which does not involve at least a 10% increase in money supply.

There aint one.

Deflation, here we come.

dey jammin doze fewtoors...

Bears...dont pull yer hair out..its the Riverboaters trying to line up some Red Seven's for the open...a couple down days haven't built up enough short positions to cause more than a 50 point pop. It'll last 10 minutes. Remember, the "psychologically important 900 level" (to borrow a Y2K, Dow10K , NIkKEI 13K,10K,9K,8K,7500 ... phrase ) is now the "pathologically important 900 level".

Maybe some EOM ramping later today, but we'll see some red 'fore that happens.

Still mostly flat...bet a few puts for someone's lunch money. Hopefully, it'll be mine.

Nite, 'all.

Archived