John Law I I Gets The Shank

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest libertas
My 401k plan offers PIMCO Total return & Gartmore Morley stable fund, no money market fund; there are increasing number of commentaries said the bond could be in trouble, so I am loking for safer harbor;

If Stoolie who knows the holding of "GARTMORE MORLEY STABLE VALUE fund", please give some brief listings; Many thanks,

The information I got for this fund is as simple as the following:

5-year total returns (as of 12/31/03): Stable Value Index 5.93%; Stable value funds invest in very high credit quality investments with less market risk than equities. The funds are also well diversified to further reduce risk.

http://www.gartmoremorley.com/

Stable Value funds are usually stuffed with insurance company GICs.

Guest libertas
The market is making fools of all the bears, just like in early 2000.

Bears will be vindicated. But not yet.........

Fools? Well, when the worm has turned we'll see who the fools are.

I have a question.

I appreciate some of the recent discussion about a potential turn in the 10-year. I tend to agree... but....

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? There's no reason to assume that we will follow the Japanese path lock/stock/barrell, but all the same, I'm thinkng maybe we see ourown rates crashed down, and that the turn we think we saw on Friday is premature.

Japan banks doing badly again because - let's get to the point - they are mostly insolvent. So rates can be kept at absolute zero there since there is little demand and lots of already walking dead companies that can't borrow money.

In the defaltionary end, with concentration camps for the unemployed and other goodies that Hypertiger and yobob1 talk about, Japan and the US will take over and nationalize many banks and the GSEs. Meanwhile new supercomputers will be developed to keep up with the issuance of repos and fiat money.

However in the US, we might see hyperinflation or at least a poor attempt at it first. There could be an accident where the whole financial system melts down in one day, and rates go to zero here too, but the more likely scenario is just that more government spending and more fiat money will be used to cover prior mistakes. The later is not necessarily bearish for all stocks, but is for bonds.

Correct me if I am wrong. What we are seeing is an inflationary trades right across the spectrum with deflating Dollar. I see inflation all around me.

Bear leaders must have got something wrong.

Were you expecting to see something different?

Enough is enough...

When the toilet flushes Bulls Bears and the rest of the idiots will swirl to their doom...That is a certianty...

T minus:

RE Martha Stewart.

I agree with your analysis.

But also feel every time I see tape of her at the couthouse that this is all a big circus to divert attention from the real question which is:

Where is Ken Lay's head-on-a-stick? Come to think of it, where is Ken Lay?

The market is making fools of all market timers.

Market timing worked great for several years until last year. It will work great again. The market is always changing and the herd is always trading last year's market. I'm watching to see what the next phase of the market looks like and to adjust my trading to match that new reality.

Were you expecting to see something different?

Enough is enough...

When the toilet flushes Bulls Bears and the rest of the idiots will swirl to their doom...That is a certianty...

Hyper,

Watching the movie Deep Impact on the tube tonight, end of the world stuff.

I like your senerio better, better plot, and all the actors are doing a very good job. (of acting ) besides, no movie could do your script justice

Woe is me==all of the succesful northeners are either thinking of,or begginning to or actually migrating south to more salubrious climes--while I with my rapidly aging cohorts of  overaged, fecklless and very unhealthy underachivers shiver and shake anticipating our demise--our only pleasurable  thought is that of being warmed by the ecologically friendly act of cremation--

beardrech :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :cry:  :cry: It gets awfully lonely sitting around Taco Bell with crowds of superfluous octegenarians exchanging ideas about what epitaphs are considered charming enough to be placed on our tombstones--

p.s. If any of the above has softened your hearts please,out of respect for our age and condition wont all of you dip in your reserves and send each one of us a  check for at least one hundred thousand dollars--then all of us up here in Thulemania can join you during your holidays--Its up to you,your choice

beardrech,

Getting out of the cold is the main thing. A log cabin in Louisiana would do just fine.

I think you are on the east coast, which has gotten hammered this winter. But you remember Chicago winters. It's not the zero degrees days, but the endless January and February days of grey, 20 degree, damp cold. I hate it.

(You are welcome to share our log cabin in Louisiana. But nobody down there gets buried. You'll need a sign for your sepulcher). :rolleyes:

Guest libertas
to any stoolies who have a sense of humour...may i recommend a British sit-com called "The Office"...it is the single funniest TV program i have ever seen.

I have heard that; just don't seem to get it anywhere on my cable.

Guest libertas
Libertas,

The names David Brent,Tim,Dawn and Gareth will be household names in the US in no time...they only made 2 x 6 part series plus 2 christmas specials...you must watch it from the beginning,dont tune in half way thru...its something very special...do you have UKTV over there?

No, we just get occasional series on PBS. Unfortunately.

Archived