Shocking News Hits Market

". . . and for the 72nd year in a row, the MTA has decided, due to budget cuts, to table completion of work on the Second Avenue subway line under construction. . . ."

I made that up.

It's only been 71 years. B)

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More job cuts at Sears?

Hoffman Estates, Ill. - December 18 - Sears has confirmed the launch of an internal review that could result in more employee layoffs, the Chicago Tribune reported. In a memo distributed last week, CEO Alan Lacy said that corporate restructuring is necessary for the department store chain, which recently lowered expectations for its fourth-quarter sales.

Thomas Gorey, vp?inventory management and merchandise operations, is conducting the review, news reports said. Gorey is expected to submit his findings next month.

http://www.homechannelnews.com/news_watch/index.htm?ID=3304

The Boeing Co. will warn 164 local employees today to prepare to lose their jobs in two months, though the worst of the job cuts may be over with company employment likely stabilizing in 2004.

Since Boeing began cutting jobs after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, it has handed out 45,000 layoff warnings and cut 36,500 jobs.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/153254_boejobs19.html

Just like the jokes..

Well on a train, I met a dame

She rather handsome

We kinda look the same

She was pretty

From New York City

I'm walkin' down that old fair lane

I'm in heat, I'm in love

But I just couldn't tell her so

(Chorus)

I said, Train Kept A Rollin' all night long

Train Kept A Rollin' all night long

With a heave, and a ho

But I just couldn't tell her so, no, no, no

Well, get along

Sweet little woman get along

On your way

Well, get along

On your way

I'm in heat, I'm in love

But I just couldn't tell her so, no, no, no

Well on a train, I met a dame

She rather handsome

We kinda looked the same

She was pretty

From New York City

I'm walkin' down that old fair lane

I'm in heat, I'm in love

(Chorus)

Well, get along

On your way

Well, get along

On your way

I'm in heat, I'm in love

But I just couldn't tell her

Well, we made a stop in Albequerque

She musta thought

I was a real cool jerk

Got off the train, and put her hands up

Lookin' so good, I couldn't let her go

(Chorus)

I'm in heat, I'm in love

But I just couldn't tell her

Aerosmith..

Hey Guys,

Many thanks to JR, I believe, for the OMNI pick!!!

Here is a little something from the boyz over at Pitbull Trading regarding the technical setup we find ourselves in:

"This is a year-long wedge formation which I identified back in September and it STILL hasn't failed. This is one of the most powerful and reliable patterns in the inventory, but ONLY after it fails and we are STILL waiting.

This pattern is normally one of the most predictable with a 74% chance of success before a break to the downside and a 94% rate of success after a break occurs. Once the break occurs about 53% of the time price will pullback (throwback) to the breakdown line before going on to its predicted target, so there should be an opportunity to jump on the short side after an initial breakthrough and bounce. These patterns usually break before they go much past 80% of the way to the Apex of the triangle. This time has we have seen an exception as the wedge continues to get closer and closer to a full triangle without a break."

Personally, I'm waiting for Brian to go long before we get a break to the downside B)

Have a nice weekend

Hey Guys,

Many thanks to JR, I believe, for the OMNI pick!!!

Here is a little something from the boyz over at Pitbull Trading regarding the technical setup we find ourselves in:

"This is a year-long wedge formation which I identified back in September and it STILL hasn't failed. This is one of the most powerful and reliable patterns in the inventory, but ONLY after it fails and we are STILL waiting.

This pattern is normally one of the most predictable with a 74% chance of success before a break to the downside and a 94% rate of success after a break occurs. Once the break occurs about 53% of the time price will pullback (throwback) to the breakdown line before going on to its predicted target, so there should be an opportunity to jump on the short side after an initial breakthrough and bounce. These patterns usually break before they go much past 80% of the way to the Apex of the triangle. This time has we have seen an exception as the wedge continues to get closer and closer to a full triangle without a break."

Personally, I'm waiting for Brian to go long before we get a break to the downside B)

Have a nice weekend

Lance "F. Lance" Lewis is predicting a market reversal simultaneous with a dollar reversal. Liquidity crunch when dollar shorts have to cover (move bonds and equities to cash). Also a commod collapse for same.

Fortunately, I'll be gone for the next three weeks. We'll see what my January expiries are doing when I get back.

Thank god I've got my day job.

Also, chaos theory (I learnt this from Jurasic Park): the wings on the fly on the carcass in Milan causing a hurricane in New York. Anyone got milk?

When I look at this, I see an image that resembles the wrekage of a collapsed building - is this intentional?, or is it just me?

post-7-1071870751.jpg

The Berlin-based American architect, Daniel Libeskind, used a similar tilted theme for the Jewish Museum San Francisco. A 96-year-old traditionally-styled brick PG&E power station got a tilted metallic gold box grafted onto it. Just for good measure, Mr. Libeskind emblazoned the characters for L'Chai'm into the roof with windows. I was involved in an aspect of this project during the planning stage, and was distinctly underwhelmed with the design ... which made me fearful, when his selection was announced for the WTC site, that New York would get stuck with something like this too.

ProjectBig250.jpg

When I look at this, I see an image that resembles the wrekage of a collapsed building - is this intentional?, or is it just me?

At first glance, I thought it was the wreckage from 9/11 and that thing in the middle was the remaining structural steel frame that stood thruout the cleanup..But I don't see small pictures too well..I looked real close and thought where's the building?

Must be a NYC thing..

Hear my train a comin'

I think it iwas tpartks who has the picture of gold that I mistook for raspberry syrup being poured onto pancakes for 4 months. Now I just realized that yours is not the picture of a guy smoking through a hooka tube.

I guess you sorta see what you want to see.

Archived