DrStool's Content

There have been 707 items by DrStool (Search limited from 24-November 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#927378 World Stock Markets Trading Discussions - Abstemious acquisitions

Posted by DrStool on 19 September 2017 - 02:24 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

What do you think the Open Market Committee had for lunch today? I think they should have had a 3 day meeting this time.

They're working on coming up with more euphemisms for "tightening."

#927375 World Stock Markets Trading Discussions - Abstemious acquisitions

Posted by DrStool on 19 September 2017 - 10:24 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

I don't think that most of the buyers are "people" per se. 

#927376 World Stock Markets Trading Discussions - Abstemious acquisitions

Posted by DrStool on 19 September 2017 - 10:25 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

The dealers are still buying, but they're getting less long in the futures. Almost short. They're still long, but moving toward a hedged position. Still, they are not prepared if this goes against them. There will be big losses, and that will exacerbate any price decline/yield rise. 

#927113 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion- Rapid retraction

Posted by DrStool on 11 August 2017 - 02:58 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Thanks for the kind words. They are ramping up  http://suremoneyinvestor.com again with me as the anal cyst.

I'm having a ball working with them. Great people!   

#927105 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion- Rapid retraction

Posted by DrStool on 10 August 2017 - 09:40 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

https://moneymorning...nks-turns-sour/

#927110 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion- Rapid retraction

Posted by DrStool on 11 August 2017 - 02:09 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Eerie quiet. 

#926906 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Withered wishes

Posted by DrStool on 19 July 2017 - 11:37 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

3 day cycle projection 2472. 

#926908 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Withered wishes

Posted by DrStool on 19 July 2017 - 02:30 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

I can hear Hussman's teeth gnashing all the way up here in Canada. 

#926907 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Withered wishes

Posted by DrStool on 19 July 2017 - 01:34 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

5 day cycle projection 2478. 

#925423 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Withered whims

Posted by DrStool on 18 January 2017 - 03:19 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Good morning! Our ferry arrives at Patras Greece at 2:30 PM Athens time--7:30 AM in NY. Then we have a 2.5 hour bus ride to Athens. Does that make it a busman's holiday? 

#925427 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Withered whims

Posted by DrStool on 18 January 2017 - 05:00 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Now settled into our apartment in Athens, a 5 minute walk from Syntagma Square, with a view of the Acropolis from the sunroom I am using as my office. 

#925424 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Withered whims

Posted by DrStool on 18 January 2017 - 03:20 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

It will be 4:30 PM here when NY opens. 

#926453 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wispy wandering

Posted by DrStool on 22 May 2017 - 09:16 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Did you look at Investing.com for thumbnail charts. I might be able to set them up for you so that they're pastable. 

#926456 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wispy wandering

Posted by DrStool on 22 May 2017 - 12:12 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

2 and 3 day cycle projections 2399.  5 day 2402. 

#926454 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wispy wandering

Posted by DrStool on 22 May 2017 - 09:16 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

But too many of them could slow the site down. 

#927879 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wilted wishes

Posted by DrStool on 15 November 2017 - 12:56 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Look at that head and shoulders. They are desperately trying to retake the neckline. 

#927880 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wilted wishes

Posted by DrStool on 15 November 2017 - 12:57 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

The opening selloff went exactly to the bottom of the channel paralell to the top trendline from Nov 8 and 13. TA works!

#925731 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Whispering windows

Posted by DrStool on 20 February 2017 - 03:58 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Snow day today. You can go back to bed and sleep in!  :D

#926229 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wheezy waltz

Posted by DrStool on 21 April 2017 - 11:03 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

2 day cycle projection 2350.50.  It's a tossup. 

#926228 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wheezy waltz

Posted by DrStool on 21 April 2017 - 10:59 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Back to the neckline of the head and shoulders breakout at 2351 on the hourly chart. 

#926231 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wheezy waltz

Posted by DrStool on 21 April 2017 - 03:23 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Hourly trendline now at 2347. 

#925976 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Whacked waffling

Posted by DrStool on 22 March 2017 - 08:09 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

We are in beautiful Bruges today. Gingerbread house town.  Lovely. But totally a tourist trap. We are paying nearly double what we paid in Spain for virtually everything. 

Cell service is a bargain though. I got a sim card good for not only Belgium but with roaming in Netherlands and France and rest of EU for just 15 euros. Includes 1.5 gigs of data, local calls and 1000 texts. 

I love a bargain. Hate paying 3.50 for a stinking half cup of coffee, even if it's great coffee. Same thing in Spain for 1.50. 

#925982 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Whacked waffling

Posted by DrStool on 22 March 2017 - 01:15 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

I had too little time to enjoy Bruges, so we took a ride on the tourist bus loop. We're heading to Rotterdam tomorrow. I'll be having dinner with my pal Lindsay Williams, a good Brit who definitely likes a good beer and a good bear. 

#925986 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Whacked waffling

Posted by DrStool on 22 March 2017 - 06:20 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Doc,

I see you travel a lot via europe. Whats you favorite spot to work? Where is the best balance between prices and possibilities?

Mallorca, hands down. But it's a huge summer resort. Must leave town in summer. But jobs are mostly limited to tourism, real estate, retail, and boating. There's no money to be made in the off season. 

The Spanish mainland is cheaper, but not as vibrant. I still love Barcelona. I think for a young person it would be the best bet. There's money there. 

#925983 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Whacked waffling

Posted by DrStool on 22 March 2017 - 01:22 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

I won't have a handle on the market indicators until Saturday. But I did start this week by adding a couple of shorts, both of which took a nice dump yesterday. My trades have been doing really well ever since I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The picks are now tilted heavily short. I can't really find any good longs for a 3 to 6 week swing. One of the 2 I had left hit its trailing stop yesterday and the other came within a nickel of its trailing stop this morning. It rescued itself, there, suggesting that I put the stop in the right place for a change. We'll see what the rest of the day brings. 

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart