Jorma's Content

There have been 71 items by Jorma (Search limited from 18-November 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#927906 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Baffled benefaction

Posted by Jorma on Yesterday, 10:01 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

They are trying to prove you wrong Lee.

$119bn net new cash and counting this month.

https://www.treasury...s_cashpydwn.htm

(actually I am having a problem with that list because  the numbers seem to come out of nowhere sometimes. I swear the 11/15 number was not there earlier this week and I never did figure out what that coupon offering was, and what $50bn on the 1st. I don't remember that. The memory is going but..)

#927896 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Addled adjustments

Posted by Jorma on 16 November 2017 - 08:40 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

"use of commercial bank accounting to create more liquidity" off balance sheet.

There is "liquidity" and then there is money. Sometimes but not always the same thing. The word liquidity is often used as a sort of  reference to liquid markets. Those being markets that have continuous bids and asks. I am not going to listen to this but banks create money by making loans.  They can work to keep markets 'liquid', functioning that is, and in so doing keeping the prices of said asset markets high by bidding them,  and they surely do, in the vast world of derivatives as well in individual  issues and classes of assets. Markets can be helped to be more 'liquid' by directing money to them  and that usually leads to higher prices and of course the assumed increase in 'wealth', but it isn't creating money.

In other words don't toss the word liquidity around.

The ability to do that is certainly entwined with the general availability of money in the system and the relative direction and speed of its expansion or contraction. Low or no growth in money means asset deflation. Period. Well in all history thus far.

#927892 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Addled adjustments

Posted by Jorma on 16 November 2017 - 01:40 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

buy-button.jpg?fit=492%2C365&strip=all

#927889 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Addled adjustments

Posted by Jorma on 16 November 2017 - 12:54 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Just another day in paradise.

#927881 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Wilted wishes

Posted by Jorma on 15 November 2017 - 05:30 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

I hope you see this Lee

WTF, I look now and there was $19bn in new cash raised today, coupons. I hadn't seen that a few days ago.

and is don't see it on the schedule?

https://www.treasury...it.htm?upcoming

What $19bn?

#927865 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Victimless viaduct

Posted by Jorma on 14 November 2017 - 01:26 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Cripes, these stock index short term charts are going to have to start carrying an R rating. Nipples everywhere.

#927861 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Victimless viaduct

Posted by Jorma on 14 November 2017 - 11:01 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

This pattern of down spikes on the open and a ramp back up during the session is getting kind of old. It's exactly the opposite of what I thought might be the pattern as the market rolled over.. Overnight and opening spikes up.and then a flat to descending trading session. I don't trade short term at all and in any case would never trade on such feelings about what I think the market would or should do.

#927846 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Toned-down tempo

Posted by Jorma on 13 November 2017 - 09:26 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

So instead of the now extinct, I think correct me if I am wrong this month, Fed mid month MBS purchases we get $19.3bn in new Treasury supply this week.

Not exactly a killer, More on the order of drip drip drip.

#927838 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Skittish shakeout

Posted by Jorma on 10 November 2017 - 04:35 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Hey Lee. Are they going to have to build a fireplace in the Eccles Building to burn all that money they have to get rid of? I can imagine a smokestack rising from the roof of the place. 

This is a tongue in cheek question by the way. Although I resorted to explaining 'normalization' to someone by using truck loads of money out of the Treasury building to an Eccles building furnace analogy. No matter, Nobody believes that money can disappear. Claiming your mother in law is a space alien will get you less push back than claiming Fed actions can destroy money.

#927837 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Skittish shakeout

Posted by Jorma on 10 November 2017 - 12:49 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

All Ords late to the party but looks like it's up until further notice....

xao_1y.png

http://www.abc.net.au/news/business/

If they aren't going to speculate on RE then stocks it is.

#927826 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Reckless review

Posted by Jorma on 09 November 2017 - 03:55 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

2 hrs to close it green

It's  my understanding that the new rule is; if Trump tweets something, the market will close green.

#927821 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Reckless review

Posted by Jorma on 09 November 2017 - 10:37 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

11/9    $21bn

#927812 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Pregnant pause

Posted by Jorma on 08 November 2017 - 05:37 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Finally moving

Your luck with trains continues.

Waiting anxiously for the tax revenue story. I assume it's pretty strong.

#927790 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Negotiable non-event

Posted by Jorma on 06 November 2017 - 06:45 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

I am in the weeds today. 

Searching for hidden wellsprings of liquidity maybe?

#927788 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Negotiable non-event

Posted by Jorma on 06 November 2017 - 01:18 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

A little more to the point

#927787 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Negotiable non-event

Posted by Jorma on 06 November 2017 - 01:12 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

This is insane...........

DN78JO5WsAEcWv-.jpg:large

For some reason that got me thinking about the old  Nazi money or the myths of such. Then ever so slightly apropos this popped up today. 

https://www.nytimes....g-article-click

#927777 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Mercurial moments

Posted by Jorma on 03 November 2017 - 04:10 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

This market has the DTs 

I didn't think the sauce had quite run out yet. Liquidity that is.

#927761 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Lacklustre levitation

Posted by Jorma on 02 November 2017 - 06:13 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Got it All Green........

move along little doggies

Al Green?

#927760 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Lacklustre levitation

Posted by Jorma on 02 November 2017 - 04:24 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Al Green?

#927755 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Lacklustre levitation

Posted by Jorma on 02 November 2017 - 12:14 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

There is the new Fed chairman substantiation.

#927753 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Lacklustre levitation

Posted by Jorma on 02 November 2017 - 11:23 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Tesla is finally breaking down. Who exactly is buying their 1.25% 4 year paper?  They are peddling $1.25 billion of the stuff now. Coincidentally what they lost last quarter.

#927742 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Impassive infiltration

Posted by Jorma on 01 November 2017 - 01:46 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Tape? 

Was there a tape machine in Philly back in the day when you went to hang at the exchange?

#927721 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Glazed gambits

Posted by Jorma on 30 October 2017 - 06:31 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Fed does not mark to market. And it is not selling any assets and never will so the Fed won't incur losses. It is merely redeeming expiring paper.

Oh, so there is actually $50bn/mo maturing now, so they can hit that number come this time next year?  I guess I am not sure the exact meaning of "redeeming".

#927718 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Glazed gambits

Posted by Jorma on 30 October 2017 - 09:32 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Here's one for you Lee. Typically the mark to market value of the Feds balance sheet holdings are irrelevant. I mean I assume the stated value of their portfolio is simply the addition of all their holdings at face value on the built in assumption they will be held till maturity. Despite the fact they were not purchased at par but at whatever the  market was on the day of purchase. Then by selling they are going to either have a gain or a loss, depending of course upon the price they paid for those already issued bonds at their then market value.

Or to put it another way, how is a $100.000 10 year treasury note of 2010 purchased by the Fed in 2010 accounted for today on their balance sheet.

If the sales ever reach the hundreds of billions of dollars I wonder how this will be accounted for by the Fed and what possible difference it could make? I know this is all off in the weeds and probably of no real systematic importance, or could it be? The longer sales go on and in increasing amounts if rates rise as I think we can assume the chances of losses on the sales increases.

#927696 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Fussy fiddling

Posted by Jorma on 27 October 2017 - 11:50 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

I'm so busy I don't have time for anything. :lol:

I hope you love doing it, being that way, because otherwise why bother?

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart