Jorma's Content

There have been 132 items by Jorma (Search limited from 19-January 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#928566 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Aggrieved attrition

Posted by Jorma on Today, 02:40 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

The S&P chart has the infamous snake in the grass formation.

#928552 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Aggrieved attrition

Posted by Jorma on Yesterday, 11:17 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Minor message for Lee. Easier here than any other method.

The tax bill made a 16% cut in all alcohol excise taxes. Hardly a big deal in the aggregate, but  something. I don't know if other excise taxes were cut. The idea of course is that money will all flow at the start right to corporate bottom lines. That 95% drop in Dec collections may have something to do with the tax bill as payments may have been delayed in some kinds of strategies to pay late at new lower rates. That's pure speculation of course. 

#928538 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Willowy waivers

Posted by Jorma on Yesterday, 11:38 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Tough answer.

But how do you know what the max distortion level is and if we are truly there.

The ultimate end game could be DOW 200,000 which makes today's 26,000 look like nothing.

I am with you all the way. More even. What is distortion. How about a different system where say corporate equity and debt are money? Somehow.  That's always where I have felt the arrow of history is pointing. Might not get there but.

#928531 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Willowy waivers

Posted by Jorma on Yesterday, 10:56 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Since the beginning of time, when have the poor ever control the entire political economy?

Got to learn to deal with it.

Well never.  However never has a 'market' economic system been so absurdly distorted by managed asset inflation. 

#928529 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Willowy waivers

Posted by Jorma on Yesterday, 10:27 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

From yesterday

Market is perfect when you are on the right side of the trade.

When it's not...obviously it's "broken".

I mean perfected in the sense that the riches flow to the very top which reinforces their control of the entire political economy.

Of course such talk is of no matter here.

#928518 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vaporizing viability

Posted by Jorma on 17 January 2018 - 04:39 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Really candleguy, you come off as a troll and why bother? There isn't hardly anyone here.

#928517 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vaporizing viability

Posted by Jorma on 17 January 2018 - 04:36 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

#928516 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vaporizing viability

Posted by Jorma on 17 January 2018 - 04:30 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Man. Talk about symmetry. 

Well as I've said, the market is perfected. The perfect market has been  built, to give this exact result and the market is always right. Markets are super information processors, you should know, by now. 

Not a hint of things market in the headlines but oddly a story about GS's little crater. I liked this. "Seven of 11 anal cysts on a conference call with Chief Financial Officer Marty Chavez asked him why bond trading was so weak and when it will recover."    

anal cysts asked. Well, duh.

https://www.reuters....g-idUSKBN1F61JL

#928458 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Unfettered uniformity

Posted by Jorma on 16 January 2018 - 12:36 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Bollenger Bands?

Attached Thumbnails

• howdydoody.jpg

#928450 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Unfettered uniformity

Posted by Jorma on 16 January 2018 - 10:54 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

It is bizarre that there is virtually no discussion of the stock market anywhere in the media at all.  It's weird. Is it a speculative frenzy if nobody is paying attention?

#928377 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Ransacked rainbows

Posted by Jorma on 11 January 2018 - 03:56 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

It's Over

I was tempted to put in 'Crying' as a response but.....

#928361 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Querulous quibbling

Posted by Jorma on 10 January 2018 - 04:29 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Just the slightest bit of liquidation and bonds get it.  That's the reason I am doubtful of big moves down in rates.  We will know it's changed when rates rise while stocks fall. I don't think I can live that long.

#928340 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Passing parade

Posted by Jorma on 09 January 2018 - 06:04 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

As some old wag here once said, something to the effect that nothing changes until rates rise.  To which we can add, everything changes if rates rise. How much is the key question. 4% on the 10's?  Probably. 6%? I don't think I will live that long. They will print $100TN first.

#928339 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Passing parade

Posted by Jorma on 09 January 2018 - 03:20 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

only market worth being short right now are bonds.

above 2.62 and quick 3 comes.  above 3 and great bond bull is over.

the double bottom is reverse situation of double top breakdown in early 1980's

when 10's pop above 3, stocks great bull over as well

Gaps get filled but I am not sure it's a gap on the daily chart. I don't have the info right now.  At any rate it could be another significant point in the bond market but that plays out long term. I don't think 3% would per say do much to change things in the financial markets. Could be. A hiccup maybe.

#928335 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Passing parade

Posted by Jorma on 09 January 2018 - 11:35 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Well at least the 10yr has peeked above 2.50.  Pretty weak consolation.

#928326 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Overt overreach

Posted by Jorma on 08 January 2018 - 05:30 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

So I guess we vault over 2750 tomorrow.

#928298 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Moreish mousse

Posted by Jorma on 04 January 2018 - 01:54 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

The market did the same thing in January 1973.  The parallels are eerie. 

Really?  I don't doubt you. I'll look it up. 

Well that was after years of going sideways. (I know scaling at this point is an issue)

#928293 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Moreish mousse

Posted by Jorma on 04 January 2018 - 08:15 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

It's a new era!  Things are different this time.

#928282 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Languid lurking

Posted by Jorma on 03 January 2018 - 03:28 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

2 day cycle projection 2709 done

Next?

#928247 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Hazardous horizons

Posted by Jorma on 28 December 2017 - 03:32 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

25,000 by New Years?  Come on guys you can do it.

#928229 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Fitful fidgeting

Posted by Jorma on 26 December 2017 - 11:46 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Get ready because NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION IS BACK!!!!. This is going to be next weeks headline and let's face it, what the recovery from 09 has lacked is home construction. The eternal second engine of the US economy, along with autos.

It's been a one legged recovery. End of story.

Now an actual boom is probably not likely but to the extent new construction can climb back to and stay at levels of say, the 1970's then, well you know the story. Credit growth, lot's of stuff getting bought, and CONFIDENCE. What's not to like. 

#928200 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Decelerating dabbling

Posted by Jorma on 20 December 2017 - 02:52 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Of course if the 10yr rate got to 6% or 10% then things would definitely change.

#928197 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Decelerating dabbling

Posted by Jorma on 20 December 2017 - 01:07 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

When,  the 10yr rate breaks decisively over 3% then, maybe, things may start to change.

#928196 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Decelerating dabbling

Posted by Jorma on 20 December 2017 - 12:05 PM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

In 6 days I start my trek home to Philly.  I will live in the very block, on the very park, where the outdoor scenes from the greatest story ever told were filmed. 

I can only infer what moving to Philly may mean and truth be told it's probably best left at that. 

#928194 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Decelerating dabbling

Posted by Jorma on 20 December 2017 - 11:40 AM in The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board

Don't look now but the 10 year yield is on the cusp of a major trendline breakout. 

As far as I'm concerned that happened in November 2016, the cusp long past. Not to dispute your point because I'm not talking trendlines per say but trends. 

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart